Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    What are you going to do when your internet connection is down? You've got to be prepared, man.
    Toggle offline mode and pray you have cache.

Deleted
    The NSA doesn't need to bruteforce in every case they can in many cases get the creators of those security software if created in the US to build in backdoors.

Deleted
    The real problems are intended backdoors purposely left open by the developers.

Either because they were paid off or because they were forced to. In any case this is way more effective and time efficient than trying to actually break a code.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    The real problems are intended backdoors purposely left open by the developers.

Either because they were paid off or because they were forced to. In any case this is way more effective and time efficient than trying to actually break a code.
    As a variant of "paid off", security agencies pay really good money for information on software vulnerabilities. So it would be economically rational for a developer to slip one in, then sell that information to an agency afterwards. And this is true even if the company the developer works for isn't in on the deal.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Crap. I have all mine in a folder in /user/documents/thingsNSAshouldntlookat/jamesbond/

that's not good enough?
    Mine's in C:\Downloads\Legal Downloads\Comedy\Cartoons\Family Guy\Season 2\Extras\Behind the Scenes\Misc Stuff

So far so good. Make sure each folder has at least 3 dummy sub-folders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Mine's in C:\Downloads\Legal Downloads\Comedy\Cartoons\Family Guy\Season 2\Extras\Behind the Scenes\Misc Stuff

So far so good. Make sure each folder has at least 3 dummy sub-folders.
    http://i.imgur.com/FcJQPGV.jpg

I think you're being a bit paranoid. I feel my way is secure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine's in C:\Downloads\Legal Downloads
    Are you making it easy for them with C:\Downloads\Illegal Downloads...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.