Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    What if I told you that liking a game doesn't make you a fanboy? Or even just defending a wildly successful game? *glances at previous posts, name, and signature*
    Nothing wrong with liking a game and nothing wrong with being a fan of it but there is something wrong when people take criticism towards a game or a realistic statement as a personal attack towards them.

And you're right. A game over seven years old. Nah, age has nothing to do with anything.
    the game is almost 10 years old but it still is being updated and revamped, so no age does not matter.

I never will understand the fascination with sub counts. It's irrelevant.
    Sub counts = revenue = Development = content and discussions made.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-07 at 04:18 AM.

It will go down to 7.2 million, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Nothing wrong with liking a game and nothing wrong with being a fan of it but there is something wrong when people take criticism towards a game or a realistic statement as a personal attack towards them.
    And that's different from your statements, how...? You're just as guilty.

the game is almost 10 years old but it still is being updated and revamped, so no age does not matter.
    Yes. Yes, it does matter; you're still playing the same game. They spruce it up, they may make changes, but you're still playing the same game, fundamentally.

Sub counts = revenue = Development = content and discussions made.
    So Blizzard doesn't care when they're counting the money, and then all of a sudden they care immensely when the game is doing less well? That's what you're insinuating, correct?

Deleted
    New patch, I think there will either be practically no subs lost, or a gain of around 500k

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's different from your statements, how...? You're just as guilty.
    When someone says the game will lose subs for Q3 and someone gets all pissed attacking the person because of it would be a good example (see page 1).
    Saying wow will loose subs is not saying the same as a personal attack.

Yes. Yes, it does matter; you're still playing the same game. They spruce it up, they may make changes, but you're still playing the same game, fundamentally.
    Lots of older games are still played. Can't really say decline is just because of the games age

So Blizzard doesn't care when they're counting the money, and then all of a sudden they care immensely when the game is doing less well? That's what you're insinuating, correct?

Nope. You asked why do people care about subs they don't matter and said subs are irrelevant. I was pointing out how relevant they are.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-07 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    But isnt it odd that the people who dont play this game or dislike the game comes and talks about it all the time? Like there is a ton of people that come on these forums telling us how they havent had a subscription in 5 months and then goes on about everything they hate as if we are going to make sure blizzard hears about it.

You know what I dont about games i dont play or dont like?

I dont discuss it anywhere. I just move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    But isnt it odd that the people who dont play this game or dislike the game comes and talks about it all the time? Like there is a ton of people that come on these forums telling us how they havent had a subscription in 5 months and then goes on about everything they hate as if we are going to make sure blizzard hears about it.

You know what I dont about games i dont play or dont like?

I dont discuss it anywhere. I just move on.
    Well you got trolls on all forums so no I do not find that weird, You might want to ask one of them why they do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    New patch, I think there will either be practically no subs lost, or a gain of around 500k
    Sounds about right to me.

I admit, every time the numbers come out I get excited. One day they'll come out and either be up 5mil or down 5mil and everyone will freak out.

My prediction is; if it's a gain many people will say Blizzard faked the numbers, if it's a lose many people will scream the game is dying/everyone go to "this new MMO"/ people will say Blizzard faked the numbers and that the numbers are even lower.
    This happens every single Quarter report and frankly I'm pretty tired of it.

Question to the OP, why do you automatically assume it will be a loss? That's pretty pessimistic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its that time of year again, soon the 3rd Quarter will be over, and we will have another conference call with the latest sub losses released. What are your predictions for sub losses this quarter?

Here is the historical quarterly sub losses since Q1 2012:

Q1 2012: 0 Sub Loss - Remained Steady
    Q2 2012: 1.1 Million Subs Lost
    Q3 2012: 900,000 Subs Gained; Up to just at 10 Million Subscriptions
    Q4 2012: 100,000 Subs Lost
    Q1 2013: 1.3 Million Subs Lost
    Q2 2013: 600,000 Subs Lost; Down to 7.7 Million Subscriptions

Q3 2012: <Your Predicted Sub Loss Figure>

My prediction is about 200,000 Subs lost, but could be more. I am taking the conservative side in my predictions. What are your predictions?
    None. The subs will go up!

Anyone predicting no losses must have their heads in the clouds.

I predict around 200-400k loss, summer periods usually rape the numbers of any game.

The sooner wow dies the sooner blizzard or some other dev company comes up with a good mmo and fresh ideas for a change. Can't wait for this thing to die.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I admit, every time the numbers come out I get excited. One day they'll come out and either be up 5mil or down 5mil and everyone will freak out.
    Blizzard will never admit the real sub loses, what we see getting released every few months is just damage control

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Blizzard will never admit the real sub loses, what we see getting released every few months is just damage control
    Why are you so paranoid?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    6.9 billion rise in subs over the next 6 months!

500k or higher loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You can see on the OP's signature how much he cares.
    Indeed, Jaylock usually makes these kind of threads tho...

10+ Year Old Account
    550k I suppose.

Why the hell do people keep creating these stupid threads?

Nevermind i see it's Jaylock no idea why he still visits this forum, put him on ignore a year or so ago.

Oh and the person saying this is MMO champ not wow champ!

Seriously? i mean come on we all know what this sites main source of income is from it's not Star wars or any other failed MMO it's from WoW, so until otherwise keep your stupid it's not just a wow site! to yourself and go sit in your little sub forum.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 2013-09-07 at 06:16 AM.