View Poll Results: Who will win the grand finals??

Voters
51. This poll is closed
  • SK Telecom T1

38 74.51%
  • Royal Club

13 25.49%
Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

World Championship Season 3 Thread (Spoilers!!)

since the World Championship is just around the corner lets make it into one thread

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    groups have been announced!!

Group A:
    Gaming Gear EU
    TSM
    Lemondogs
    SK T1
    OMG

Group B:
    Fnatic
    Gambit
    Vulcun
    Samsung Galaxy Ozone (formerly MVP Ozone)
    Mineski

Note: The top 2 teams from each group advance to face the 4 teams in the quarter finals (Cloud 9, Najin Black Sword, Gamania Bears and the 1st China Seed)

copypaste from reddit

http://na.lolesports.com/
    for starters who will get out of Group A/B??

my prediction

GroupA: SKT1/KTB not sure about 2nd

GroupB: Samsung Galaxy Ozone and Gambit

final editing: poll for who will win the grand final
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-09-30 at 04:36 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I said in the other thread SKT1/KTB and China / Ozone and Fnatic. I honestly hope TSM can pull off getting out of groups but I get the feeling they wont beat anyone other than gaming gear. China qualifiers are going on if you need something to tide you over until the Korea finals. Expect OMG and PE to make it out of these regionals.

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesoceania

warning it'll probably go down once or twice. Everytime I watch Chinese LoL there are problems.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-09-07 at 05:52 AM.

Deleted
    Group A Definitly SKT1/KTB gets first, not sure about the other. I have 0 knowledge of the chinese scene, but I kind of want to lean on the chinese seed anyway since neither TSM or LD really impress me.

Group B definitly MVP Ozone for first. Fnatic will probablly get second but Gambit is extremely unpredictable and on a good day they can beat almost anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Group 1)
    Gonna say SKT1 take the first spot
    Not familiar with China, but wouldn't be surprised to see them take second.
    If they're not that good, LD might actually give us a surprise here.

Group 2)
    Ozone
    Gambit

I am having a hard time seeing Gambit not advance. They finally got a few weeks to practise and every time it was needed, they turn on not just their A-game, but their S-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    China qualifiers are going on if you need something to tide you over until the Korea finals. Expect OMG and PE to make it out of these regionals.
    PE is getting demolished. 5k lead for Royale 11 minutes in. After they already lost the first game.
    Sidenote, I hate the picks n bans here. With half the champions I've no idea what they're banning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. And PE getting destroyed again.

KTB/SKTT1 + LD. No real question here for me

Stop forgetting about FNC though guys... FNC and Ozone/Gambit come out of group 2

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt in my mind that SKT1 are going to win worlds now. They are unphased by losses and I mean..Faker. I thought PE was better than this

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say that skt1 and china seed 2 are going to make it out of group A, and that Fnatic and Ozone are going to make it out of group B. I am not very familiar with the chinese teams, but I gather that they are more or less on the level of the korean teams.

Deleted
    I think the only upset in groups might be Ozone not doing as great as expected, I don't think the patch they'll be playing on fits Ozone at all. But then again Korean coaches seem to be pretty great so they might have adapted quicker than I'd expect.

Deleted
    I think the whole "getting byes to the quarter finals" is really poorly designed. First of all it assumes that all regions all deserves a spot in the quarter finals. Second of all there's 5 regions but only 4 spots, which means that it has to be based on outside factors (in this case All-stars). And third of all it will possibly ruin the excitement for one team. For example I enjoy watching C9 play, and got a lot of expectations to their performance. What happens if they get to face SK T1 and get dumpstered 2-0 just like TSM did last year? Either they should let everyone play in the group stages, or at least have a 'loser's bracket'. The DOTA 2 International13 had both, and it worked out great.

Deleted
    Another year, another TSM not advancing, another Regi ragequitting for a day. Cannot wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    KTB/SKTT1 + LD/China
    Fnatic/Gambit + MVPO
    What Mione said =3

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirap View Post
    I think the only upset in groups might be Ozone not doing as great as expected, I don't think the patch they'll be playing on fits Ozone at all. But then again Korean coaches seem to be pretty great so they might have adapted quicker than I'd expect.
    Vayne didn't get nerfed, they'll be fine

OMG vs SKT T1 wow i cant wait for this game!!
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Group A: OMG and SKT-T1, easily.
    Group B: Fnatic, Gambit and MVP all have a shot, I'd say Gambit+MVP.

Damn, CAN'T WAIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be effin amazing.

How crazy would it be if TSM actually advanced, though?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Gonna be effin amazing.

And then you woke up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Not sure what you're having, but I'll have some too, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the NA teams won't be able to pull out a win this year. I'll be rooting for Cloud 9 until they're eliminated though! Pretty sure TSM doesn't stand a chance in the first round.

None of the China All Stars will be heading to Worlds too. Not even Misaya and Wei Xiao.

This will be interesting. I think Cloud 9 and Fnatic will have the best chance of winning among the teams out of Asia.