Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Sure selfless healer is better if you need to heal allies.
    sure it is, and that's the main job as a support.

and Ret plays support.

But Selfless Healer is not only better for healing a llies, it is better for healing ourselves, as even 1 stack allows for quick cast, 2 stacks are already uninerruptable.

Deleted
    Wow, you really just dodge unconvenient arguments.

wow, you really are hellbent on derailing the thread.

Deleted
    So hunter is good parter for retri in 2s, but what about shaman? Generally, i think all ranged classes with good CC and burst are good with retri.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    So hunter is good parter for retri in 2s, but what about shaman? Generally, i think all ranged classes with good CC and burst are good with retri.
    Im thinking about going Disc/Ret/Hunter in 5.4. Should be a pretty good comp.

Deleted
    do you play ptr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Im thinking about going Disc/Ret/Hunter in 5.4. Should be a pretty good comp.
    It's a top comp at the moment.

I guess ret has good synergy with BM hunters because the hunter has so much CC and can peel and survive well while the ret can nuke and keep them alive.

I don't know if ret has the same kind of synergy with another class. Hunter cc is nerfed next patch but it will still be strong simply because of the synergy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next patch we will work MUCH BETTER on many comps. To starting from the best ideas

For DPS: MM, Mage, Elemental, BM, Enhance, DK
    Healer: Priest, Druid, Shaman, Monk

Think how Ret can control better, move better and have better defensives.

Ret, Mage, Druid got Fear/Poly/Clone + burst.
    Ret, Ele, Druid the same but better burst and Hex instead of Poly

Hunter have lots of control, especialy MM. And we can always work with the old DK and Enhance since we can now do the lack of control of the comps. Shaman Resto and Monk Mist work well acording to the DPS also.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Deleted
    Been doing alot of wargames and battlegrounds and i can say that warriors will be a pain in the a$$ against ret-teams.
    It feels like any team that has a warrior instead of a ret will be the superior. Anyone else having the same experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like 5.4 so far.

-BoG glyph
    Very good imo. Short as it may ranged slow is very helpful. I'm running TV,DP,BoG.

-Guardian
    Another improvment. I usually dont pop guardian earlier. It's not very wise to let your enemy know you'll burst soon. Less str stacks are hardly a downside for me.

-Inquisition
    This change is more than just 3hopo per minute imo. You can even inq at 1hopo now if needed. It sucked having to refresh inq while going for a kill which hardly happens now.

-Unbreakable Spirit
    The biggest change in my gameplay. Im finding my hands on cooldown quite often now but i can survive much better. Gonna have to test in arena. Im guessing ill be switching between US and clemency depending on enemy team.

I've actually been playing around with Eternal Flame and I have to say its pretty good when it comes to personal survivability. Since the HoT got buffed by 40% I am seeing 7 - 10k healing every 2.5 seconds. And keep in mind that those hots can crit.

The only downside is that it costs 3 Holy power to get it up and it doesn't heal nearly as good on other targets. SH is definitely still better when it comes to healing others.

I really wish they would have done something with Sacred Shield like they said they would though. When you factor in battle fatigue SS absorbs around 12k damage every 5+ seconds. That's just not good at all. They either need to make SS not effected by battle fatigue for Ret, Simply buff it or add a secondary effect.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-09-15 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I've actually been playing around with Eternal Flame and I have to say its pretty good when it comes to personal survivability. Since the HoT got buffed by 40% I am seeing 7 - 10k healing every 2.5 seconds. And keep in mind that those hots can crit.

The only downside is that it costs 3 Holy power to get it up and it doesn't heal nearly as good on other targets. SH is definitely still better when it comes to healing others.

I really wish they would have done something with Sacred Shield like they said they would though. When you factor in battle fatigue SS absorbs around 12k damage every 5+ seconds. That's just not good at all. They either need to make SS not effected by battle fatigue for Ret, Simply buff it or add a secondary effect.
    Ive found this as well. My Biggest gripe with ret was our survivability outside of bubble. EF now is my personal favourite if there is no healer around. Also depends on your 2v2 or 3v3 make up. I find the enemy goes for me 90% of the time anyway so EF is my preference atm. SH also has its uses, when that bad boy crits its like a LoH

SS still should be baseline however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    Next patch we will work MUCH BETTER on many comps. To starting from the best ideas
    Think how Ret can control better, move better and have better defensives.
    Move better? What are the better defensives You talk about?

@nyc/Vathius
    I will still stay with Selfless Healer iso Eternal Flame.
    My partners are like "omfglol@FoL crit!!" when I do that :P
    Can't imagine the faces of enemies, when partners are almost fully healed with my single, instant FoL crit..

I am a menace to my own destiny.