Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I see people talking about websites that block access if you use AdBlock. Which ones do that exactly? So far I haven't encountered any websites that blocked access (luckily).
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

You'd just up and stop using youtube?

I wonder since when the biggest rule of commerce called "A customer is always right" started to be neglected. If we, content consumers, demand that ads in the current loud, obnoxive irritating form must go and never come back, than please, do as we demand.

If I am interested in something, I'll pay for it.
    Being bombarded with stupid crap 24/7 isn't what interests me.

Same goes for any other media, I wish I had Adblock for my TV to remove those pesky commercials.
    I pay to watch television, not commercials.

Deleted
    i would unistall adblock this instant if a) adds wouldnt invade the whole browser. there are sites that are more ads then content. and b) there would be some variety in them. im from germany and on youtube i get about 2 or 3 different ads at maximum. they change the adds sometimes, but not often. also that ads are about 30 sec long, mostly way louder then regular videos and the most boring ones arnt skipable. the funny thing is, the adds that actualy interesst me (movies/games) are very few AND they are instantly skipable. but some ads like cars or mcdonalds are booring, loud, long and dont interest me in the least bit

Sorry I'm not reading 26 pages of this shit. Cliffs:

-Zybak is a broke, raging nerd that makes no money off his YouTube videos because they're shit so he blames AdBlock
    -I've been using AdBlock for like 5 years and all of a sudden this is a problem lolwut
    -Fuck people for thinking it's bad to use AdBlock. Wait til you get the shaft from an exploited ad and lose your accounts. Support hackers with Zybak!
    -Lol. AdBlock isn't going anywhere. Get mad Zybak and friends, I'll use it forever.

With Ads it just going to be a time to fall in to it.

ads are a thing of the past

ad income has certainly been falling for years... maybe its time to find a new source of income?

Have ppl seen this?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...e-ads.cnn.html

BEWARE: HAIR COLOR

So did CNN just run a 3min ad for a product, 139$ product, that is essentially AdBlock?

Deleted
    i have not had any problems with addblock plus yet, i did turn it off to test out which adds i was getting on mmo, am glad it is on again

on my xbox i cant have adblock so i keep getting frustrated at the 30 sec or more ads that interrupt my music, and they are always so loud! =(

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    If companies want to charge me because I have Adblock then I will just stop using those pages. It's as simple as that.
    Pretty much, charging people to go to your website, unless done extremely well, is paramount to killing your own site - no one will do it lightly because there's always going to be someone else who might start up a perfectly good rival that doesn't charge.

Look at things like photobucket, imageshack and, jeez I can't even remember the other image hosting websites anymore... They started to get too full on with how they would host your images and how much they forced ads down people's throats, imgur appeared and stole everyone away.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Isn't the recession bad enough that you can't watch a few seconds of adverts and want to add to the unemployment?
    I get what you're saying, and I totally understand the backlash against AdBlock as a small time streamer myself, but my 30 seconds is worth more than 1 cent. It just is. If I could hand every streamer a penny each time I visited their site instead of watching a 30-60 second long ad, I would do it. I can't though. So AdBlock it is.

I have no problem with banner ads or ads to the sides of whatever I'm viewing. Where I draw the line is gigantic obnoxious pop up ads (very common on the seedier portions of the web) and video ads that block what you're trying to watch until it's over. Nope. Not watching that. Don't care. Sorry, streamer/YouTuber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    If ad companies want to force their s**t on us, they can also pay to remove for all the malware and spyware that inevitably end up on our computers. To those of you that say just don't click the adds, flash banner adds and many other types can put stuff on your computer without you doing anything.
    You know, this is a really good point. A LOT of third party advertising networks that websites use don't police their advertisers closely enough. Embedded Ads on popular websites are a really common infection vector these days.

Like everything else it's a two-way street. Part of Adblock users' motivation was a response to repeated infections by ads served by third party ad networks. At least some of the onus is on those Ad networks to adequately police and vet their advertisers for malware before they can reasonably expect us to let them through.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

It's super easy to circumvent Adblock. This site could do it very easily without it being obnoxious to visitors. So Adblock isn't an excuse where mmo champion is concerned.

Deleted
    I would not use it if they made adds a bit more creative and a lot less annoying. Make them interesting so that people actually google them. Like that 'Carrie' add that became a viral video and currently has 54 mln views on Youtube.

Or, websites could simply implement static advertisements with sponsorship deals from companies, instead of relying on Google Ad services, because ad blockers don't block images. Video content providers can insert an ad into the rendered video ("This video was sponsored by ... and they are awesome. If you want to know more about them, click the link below.") That way the viewer/visitor is getting advertisements for things they might be interested in (because they are selected for their alignment with the site's contents) and they aren't getting manipulated advertisements with embedded malware.

Everybody wins (except for the keylogger/ransomware distributor, but nobody wants them to win anyway.)
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-02-16 at 01:04 PM.

I have no problem with banners but I do have a problems with tiny video ads that launch with full sound. The day they stop that shit I'll uninstall it.

I disabled it on some websites like twitch though.

And there is a way to counter adblock blocking. With tampermonkey addon and a script.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    You'd just up and stop using youtube?
    I can no longer get adblock to block the annoying ads before youtube videos so I have indeed stopped using youtube

Deleted
    Until sites take responsibility for infecting peoples computers with malware and covering the repair costs, then Adblock stays on.

If sites expect people to expose their computers to the biggest source of malware out there to generate cash, then they should be liable when things go wrong with their ads too.