Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lei shen hc is 9x or 24x (depending on raid size) more difficult , since even if you play prefectly, other ppl mistakes wipes fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    lei shen hc is 9x or 24x (depending on raid size) more difficult , since even if you play prefectly, other ppl mistakes wipes fight.
    I think that it's a given that if you want to compare you need to either compare PERSONAL responsability (as in "you made your raid wipe on lei shen") vs disruptron on your own OR everyone's performance on leishen vs everyone's performance on disruptron

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Doesn't really apply, on Disruptron if you make a mistake you die. For me that was 350+ times of dying to my own mistakes.

On Lei Shen we only wiped because of a mistake I made 2 or 3 times in near 400 attempts, by that logic Lei Shen is actually much easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    Why would he be more difficult as horde?
    Because the grates in the room are lower than the rest of it. That's pretty much 40% of the room. Now if you try to jump over a laser and somehow are in (or enter) those 40% you will get hit. Now add to this that he moves around randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Because the grates in the room are lower than the rest of it. That's pretty much 40% of the room. Now if you try to jump over a laser and somehow are in (or enter) those 40% you will get hit. Now add to this that he moves around randomly.
    Not true, that only happened when they changed disruptron so that you couldn't cheese it by using levitate, after they reverted the change standing on the grates has no affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Clearly Disruptron. Try him as melee with 490 & dont outgear him with 510+
    Done also with minimal raid buffs (but with flask/food) and suboptimal (~10% hit or something?) gear, though I think most people had that problem with gear around 510-520.

Still probably easier than 490 with buffs, but buffs do add a significant % (especially 10% AP buff, lesser degree 5% crit buff) to your damage output.

The fact that floors for brawlers guild/raids etc aren't flat or defined surfaces is truly a horrifying oversight that's easily fixed by making sure there's actually an invisible floor slightly above floor textures. Its amazing how this problem crops up more and more in today's gaming environments due to what I assume are overzealous graphical/level designers and it ends up sacrificing gameplay for graphics

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Still probably easier than 490 with buffs, but buffs do add a significant % (especially 10% AP buff, lesser degree 5% crit buff) to your damage output.
    You can't have 10% AP buff unless you can provide it yourself, as spells that require you to to be in a party with the buffer don't transfer to the arena. Same goes for spell haste.
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-09-07 at 11:47 PM.

pointless...loads of disruption posts because most people haven't seen lei shen heroic.

as an ele shaman, i 2 shot disruption with levitate, USE EVERYTHING AT YOUR DISPOSAL, cutting edge like any damn hardcore raid would, lei shen harder by miles.

got static shock? not a soaking class DIE no skill involved just lay down and DIE. brawler's easy 4 life, always cleared new bosses within 48 hours of having invite/released...queues the hardest part.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    You can't have 10% AP buff unless you can provide it yourself, as auras don't affect you inside. Same goes for spell haste.
    Most of the 10% AP buffs, as far as I know, are not Auras...

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    pointless...loads of disruption posts because most people haven't seen lei shen heroic.

as an ele shaman, i 2 shot disruption with levitate, USE EVERYTHING AT YOUR DISPOSAL, cutting edge like any damn hardcore raid would, lei shen harder by miles.

got static shock? not a soaking class DIE no skill involved just lay down and DIE. brawler's easy 4 life, always cleared new bosses within 48 hours of having invite/released...queues the hardest part.
    Guess Lei Shen heroic is also pretty easy if you don't get targeted by ANYTHING right? As that's essentially what levitate does. It was fixed for a reason.
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-09-07 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    I'd definitely say Lei Shen.. but a comparison between a solo gimmick boss and an amazing raid boss isn't really fair =p

Right because Levitate Cheesing (obviously not intended) on an Elemental Shaman (the last class that actually can be seen as needing it) is sooooooooooooooooooo hard.

got static shock? not a soaking class DIE no skill involved just lay down and DIE.
    Exactly that's not hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xun213 View Post
    I'd definitely say Lei Shen.. but a comparison between a solo gimmick boss and an amazing raid boss isn't really fair =p
    Basically this. The two are incomparable challenges, they are different types of hard. A solo encounter will always feature different types of difficulty than a group-based encounter, because the latter has to have personal responsibility as well as group dynamics and coordination work into play.

Most of the 10% AP buffs, as far as I know, are not Auras...
    Name one? Trueshot aura doesn't transfer, and both battle shout and horn of winter dissapear on entering.

If you need to be in a party with the buffer you are not getting the buff inside.

Guess my wording was a bit wrong, i'll fix the other post.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Guess Lei Shen heroic is also pretty easy if you don't get targeted by ANYTHING right? As that's essentially what levitate does. It was fixed for a reason, and should i have been the one deciding that, every levitate kill by a non priest was a permanent ban, 1-week ban for priests.
    yeh hope nothing targets you is all thats needed at lei shen heroic /sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly that's not hard.
    yup so easy when its a healer or 2, just 3 heal the boss damage and winds and balls and adds and thunderstuck /trollface.

yup so easy when its a healer or 2, just 3 heal the boss damage and winds and balls and adds and thunderstuck /trollface.
    Don't bring shaman healers gg

---

Question: How many Rets were able to get Disrupt sub-500 gear, no levitate? Not asking this question for classes with bloodlust/etc.

Don't bring shaman healers gg
    damn shoulda told method that...guys yo this is faceroll no resto shaman 1 shot ezmode.

damn shoulda told method that...guys yo this is faceroll no resto shaman 1 shot ezmode.
    Ankh. /10char.

yeh hope nothing targets you is all thats needed at lei shen heroic /sarcasm.
    You were comparing levitate with an ele shaman on disruptron, that negates 2/3 of the skills, vs lei shen. It's only fair i get to negate 2/3 of them right?

So no helm, no ball lightning, no shocks, no overcharge, no bouncing bolts and no P3 stacks. You still get thunderstruck, diffusion lightning, decapitate, fusion slash, winds, the swapping plataform aoe and that melee void i always forget the name off. So 6/13 out. And i'm sure i'm forgetting something. Also I could still get 2 more skills off lei shen for it to BEGIN to be a fair comparison. Where is the "difficulty" now? I think i could pretty much solo it at that point.

Deleted
    Hard to compare.
    Against Disrupton, the only thing that matters is how you perform. No one can screw it up but you.
    Lei'Shen however depends on the perfomance of others. Which always can be an incalculable factor and risk.