15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So, who do we think will prevail tonight?

I think the Bengals (like the Saints) are too talented to fail and will overcome their playoff demons.

The other one is a bit more iffy. All things being equal I think the 49'ers have the better overall team, and *should* win. But the weather. And road game. And Aaron Rodgers. So, I'm not sure. The again Green Bay was pretty damn clutch last week, but I just don't trust their defense. Having to pick one I'll still say SF, but this game is the one where I would be least surprised by any of the 2 teams winning out of all games this wild card week-end.
    I am going to agree with you, though I could see Green Bay winning, I just have not watched them that much.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Bengals winning pretty easily. Figure I'd give the nod to the 49ers. Probably because I'm not sure how fresh Rodgers is after being out so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Probably because I'm not sure how fresh Rodgers is after being out so long.
    He looked MORE then fine when he had a big hand in defeating the Bears last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    In Chiefs versus Colts, it's pretty clear the worst team won that game.
    There's not a shred of evidence for that claim. The teams had the same regular season record, the Colts had a tougher schedule, and they beat the Chiefs twice. They also manhandled the 49ers and beat the Seahawks and Broncos. The Chiefs resume is absolute shit compared to that.

I hate how they overhype Andrew Luck. He threw like four interceptions.
    He threw three, and one of them was a ball that was dropped by the receiver. They scored 45 fucking points. That's not an offensive failure.

Even after the Chiefs lost Charles at the beginning of the game, they were still creaming them. Then Chiefs lost like four of their best players and the flag on the final play. There was no real glory in that at all.
    Those touchdowns at the beginning? Totally count! The ones at the end? Not at all demonstrative of anything! Also worth noting that the Colts were playing without their best playmaker in Reggie Wayne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I got the Bengals winning pretty easily. Figure I'd give the nod to the 49ers. Probably because I'm not sure how fresh Rodgers is after being out so long.
    On my fake bets spreadsheet, I took the Chargers. I don't really think they'll win, but they're +250 and that's absurdly long odds to give Andy Dalton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    On my fake bets spreadsheet, I took the Chargers. I don't really think they'll win, but they're +250 and that's absurdly long odds to give Andy Dalton.
    Speaking of fake bets, you seem to have forgotten to put in your choices in the weekly pick'em on NFL.com. You were in the thick of it to win that MMO-C league, but not if you don't play.

Speaking of fake bets, you seem to have forgotten to put in your choices in the weekly pick'em on NFL.com. You were in the thick of it to win that MMO-C league, but not if you don't play.
    Oh, huh, I didn't realize there were pick 'em options for the playoffs, I assumed the regular season was where it ended. Oh well! That's a shame because I had the Saints and Colts on said spreadsheet o' fake bets too. I think I would have taken the Eagles if I were picking straight up without the money line though. As it is, I was able to pick the better QB in every game while taking the underdog in every game. Given what we know about the modern NFL, that seems... I don't know, just kind of weird. These games are all basically coinflips, I'll take the better QB and the juice on the money line and hope to get two wins out of four and be pretty happy. Right now, that looks like a decent plan, but the total randomness yesterday could have easily gone the other way.

Anyone think Lewis will be fired if the Bengals lose their first playoff game again?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Anyone think Lewis will be fired if the Bengals lose their first playoff game again?
    Thinking andy dalton should stop playing for sd.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Thinking andy dalton should stop playing for sd.
    Well, there is that. He isnt getting a chance to actually do his progressions or have his receivers get open. That line is terrible.

So its the coachs job to adjust. Maybe more of a run game. Or quick throws.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is that. He isnt getting a chance to actually do his progressions or have his receivers get open. That line is terrible.

So its the coachs job to adjust. Maybe more of a run game. Or quick throws.

Maybe they should fire lewis for not pulling dalton. He is killing cincy.
    You cared enough to post.

If Cincinnati ever want to do anything in the next few years they need a serious upgrade to Dalton.

Not really. I mean, it's a pretty big failure and I don't think it was entirely unforeseeable, but I think most people believe he did a very nice job with this year's team. They overcame some absolutely huge injuries (Atkins, Hall) just to get where they are and their future looks pretty bright with Green and Bernard being so dynamic. I think it'd be an unfair Dungy-style firing where he had a huge hand in building a very good team and didn't get to finish what he started.

That said, I don't think it'd be totally unreasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If Cincinnati ever want to do anything in the next few years they need a serious upgrade to Dalton.
    Honestly, I would have said the same of the Giants and Ravens with Eli and Flacco. Sometimes mediocre QBs string together good playoff runs and sometimes they don't. Maybe Dalton never will. Well, probably Dalton never will. But I don't really think he's a ton different than Flacco.

Actually, just checked, and wow, those guys couldn't be much closer to identical:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...D/DaltAn00.htm
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...F/FlacJo00.htm

Look at those per pass numbers... these are almost the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not really. I mean, it's a pretty big failure and I don't think it was entirely unforeseeable, but I think most people believe he did a very nice job with this year's team. They overcame some absolutely huge injuries (Atkins, Hall) just to get where they are and their future looks pretty bright with Green and Bernard being so dynamic. I think it'd be an unfair Dungy-style firing where he had a huge hand in building a very good team and didn't get to finish what he started.

That said, I don't think it'd be totally unreasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I would have said the same of the Giants and Ravens with Eli and Flacco. Sometimes mediocre QBs string together good playoff runs and sometimes they don't. Maybe Dalton never will. Well, probably Dalton never will. But I don't really think he's a ton different than Flacco.

Actually, just checked, and wow, those guys couldn't be much closer to identical:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...D/DaltAn00.htm
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...F/FlacJo00.htm

Look at those per pass numbers... these are almost the same person.
    Yah. Im not saying he should be fired. But there is this win now mentality in sports and i wouldnt be surprised to see him go. Three chances in the playoffs with this current team and three failures to win one playoff game.

ugh, 4th and 3, throw a 40 yard pass into double coverage, not even close to the receiver. just terrible

Addendum - I'm not trying to be an Andy Dalton apologist. I think he's as mediocre as mediocre gets. Just noting that mediocre quarterbacks have won Super Bowls recently and frequently enough that I'm not going to totally count out the Bengals just because their QB is one of those mediocrities. The NFL playoffs are just too damned random and unpredictable to be really comfortable saying someone won't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually wondering about this too. I mean there's something to be said when you can't get your team over the hump in 3 tries that maybe you should look at better coaching.

I was actually wondering about this too. I mean there's something to be said when you can't get your team over the hump in 3 tries that maybe you should look at better coaching.
    well if George Karl can get fired (NBA) for doing something similar then I wouldn't be surprised at all

- - - Updated - - -

and....that should just about do this game

Glad im not the only one who thinks it.

Its kind of difficult to play the team that will win the Super Bowl this year anyway. It is their destiny after all. They played in the first home game of the Eagles this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm thinking the colts will play the patriots though as I have a hunch that the Chargers will win tomorrow.
    looks like my hunch was correct

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the NFC game wont stink of mediocrity as this AFC game has.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.