Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How hard is flexi?

Does it pose any challenges or is it just LFR that hits bit harder?

My realm isn't open yet so anyone played it already?

(Assuming you don't overgear it)
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-09-11 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Does it pose any challenges or is it just LFR that hits bit harder?

My realm isn't open yet so anyone played it already?
    LFR that hits harder.

It hits harder than LFR and my group wiped on Norushen, cause we didn't have a dedicated rotation, and Sha of Pride, cause we didn't know the mechianics going in. It was kinda fun just pulling together all our friends and testing fights out for normal mode tomorrow

Not "that" hard but you have to pay attention unless your entire raid is like 550+ or something.

We one shotted the fist two bosses. 2 shotted the 3rd boss. But Sha of Pride took us around 4-5 attempts but we got it down.

Most of us were 505-515 ish with a few of us at 525-530ish.

Just finished the first wing. As others have said, its not very hard, but it is by no means an LFR snore-fest (unless you're in a group of full heroic people). The first two bosses were pushovers but Norushen has a pretty tight enrage. We probably spent an hour on him and honestly I attribute a lot of our kill to enough people leaving to the point where the mechanics downgraded and we were only getting 2 orbs instead of three, allowing us to better handle adds. After overcoming Norushen though the Sha of Pride is a bit of a pushover as long as you know the mechanics.

It was honestly the most enjoyable experience I had with a group of 100% pugs. The best part is when the people that can't deal with a little progression leave after a wipe, as long as you still have your two tanks there is no delay in filling those free spots. The raid just adjusts as if nothing happened. Started with about 18 people speaking and yelling over each other in vent, and finished with 12 people that developed quite the camaraderie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very close to lfr joke mode
    9 people.
    2 tanks, 1-2 heals, rest DPS.
    Combination of 13/13H, trade pugs and 5/12normal tot (friends of mine).
    1shot first 3, 2shot Sha (wiped because the tank refused to taunt and I got mc'd).
    No vent or anything.

Funny enough the 2 friends of mine who havn't even cleared normal tot got the most of the loot.
    Working as intended!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Flex is welfare 540 gear and legendary catchup.

Myself and a few others were 540+, I would guess the rest of the group would be around 515-525. We pretty much roflstomped our way through the quarter.

Was a decent difficulty IMO. We went to Flex last night, brought a few pugs from Trade (some were awful...). One shot first boss. Like two attempts on second boss while we were figuring out the kill order and how to deal with the adds (they reset one time because a tank got knocked into the gate area). Two attempts on Norushen. Could only do one attempt on Sha of Pride and got him pretty low but people weren't dealing with the Prison mechanics. I think we were all mostly around 515-525 iLevel.

I'd say the difficulty is in a good place. It's not stupid hard, but you have to know the fights and do them correctly, and as an added bonus it's good practice for normal mode.

I lead a group in yesterday with 5 people from a 2/13h group, 7 people from a group that killed Lei Shen normal for the first time less than 24 hours before, 7 people from a group that just got their first Empress kill, 5 people in LFR gear, and 1 person in greens and blues.

We twoshot the first boss, oneshot the second, all within 55 minutes. I personally had not expected to get that far so I hadn't read up on Norushen, and my first frantic read of the dungeon journal missed a bunch of REALLY important obvious facts (interrupt the channel, have a plan about who gets purified first, don't let too many dps go down at the same time...) so we wiped for half an hour and then the experienced groups had to leave to do our regular raid.

Note to self, read up on ALL the bosses next time.

I would say that it's tuned just perfect for its target audience, and we had the target audience. It will punish you if you ignore raid mechanics, like we did with Norushen, but if you have a plan and you have decent communication it's a piece of cake, even with a few undergeared and inexperienced folks in the raid.

With ilvl 535+ Flex is a LFR with TS.

Joke mode that should replace LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtslbd View Post
    Joke mode that should replace LFR.
    Darling, your sig says you have Ra-den from last May. With your group's skill and item level it really ought to be joke mode for you. With the beer and pretzels league it's tuned exactly right.

Bear in mind that they made SoO to have a smoother difficulty curve, so the first wing is the easiest anyway. The other wings will be progressively harder. Overall I think it's tuned perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Darling, your sig says you have Ra-den from last May. With your group's skill and item level it really ought to be joke mode for you. With the beer and pretzels league it's tuned exactly right.
    I also did it on PTR scaled down in gear and It was just as much of a joke. LFR is actually harder because you get grouped with retards random people instead of an actual pug that encourages actual teamwork and communication.

LFR is actually harder because you get grouped with retards random people instead of an actual pug that encourages actual teamwork and communication.
    This is the truth of flex. The only difficulty in LFR stems from the AFKers, auto-attack dps, awful healers, and "random people" who couldnt learn a mechanic to save their life. If you run flex in an organized pug/guild group almost all of that is eliminated from the raid, making the encounter the only difficult thing. With the low dps/healing requirements in flex im guessing LFR will take much longer to complete for most people.

I also did it on PTR scaled down in gear and It was just as much of a joke. LFR is actually harder because you get grouped with retards random people instead of an actual pug that encourages actual teamwork and communication.
    Very true, but it's difficulty is good for the crowd it's aimed at nonetheless. The average guild will probably wipe a few times on a couple of bosses, maybe more on the later and harder bosses, but the difficulty is in a good spot and the further you get into Flex, the more confident you might be to dabble in Normal modes. I could see it almost at a wing level; that is a guild which can easily clear Flex Wing #1 can reasonably do progression in Normal #1, maybe having some issues with Norushen and Sha of Pride since they are more difficult, etc.

Now if Flex just replaced Normal entirely

To all those who say Flex is to easy, just...be careful what you wish for.

You'll disagree with me now, but watch as blizzard buffs it, and it becomes more difficult than you'd hoped for. I'm just saying, just be careful is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Very close to lfr joke mode
    9 people.
    2 tanks, 1-2 heals, rest DPS.
    Combination of 13/13H, trade pugs and 5/12normal tot (friends of mine).
    1shot first 3, 2shot Sha (wiped because the tank refused to taunt and I got mc'd).
    No vent or anything.

Funny enough the 2 friends of mine who havn't even cleared normal tot got the most of the loot.
    Working as intended!
    This.

It is designed to be LFR with an ounce of strat and coordination required. Its a great tool to gear up alts and basically what 10 man normal was back in Wrath.

Flex is LFR hard it seems.

ergo.

LFR is will be Full-Retard (?)