Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblazer View Post
    You know the difficulty raise as games evolve.
    Well, someone from Method stated that Sha of Fear was the hardest boss ever created (right after the kill), same with Lei shen... and we are still comparing Garrosh with LK and Ragnaros, like we did the last tier and the tier before.
    This sounds a bit silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    World first is world first, its not rocket science bro.
    Indeed, Grats to Method for World First Heroic Garrosh 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure someone from Method said on ToT's thread that this ain't the real Pacteh, it's just a troll. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, dunno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    it's just a troll.
    Those horde racials...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I swear, Blizzard pays you guys to say that.
    Its mostly they wanting to praise their accomplishment, nothing new here.

People arguing about encounter difficulty should realize that there are 3 kind of fights.
    1) dps (gear) checks
    2) personal skill (whether it is doing X thing alone or as a properly organized group)
    3) fights that require both above

Now lets put some of the fights that have been considered the hardest into these categories
    Al'akir pre-nerff(2)
    Lich king (3 (hardly a 3, dps check was mostly the valkyr part of the fight))
    Ragnaross (3)
    Sha of Fear (1)
    Lei-shen (3)
    Ra-den (1)

Lets see the last 3 fights of SoO

Siegecrafter Blackfuse (2)
    Paragons of the Klaxxi (2 could be 3 but as far as i know theres only 1 point in the fight that actually needs proper dps)
    Garrosh - Cant really say as i havent really been on the boss but from what i've heard/seen its a (3) -only method atm can say for sure, but i'd be critical of what they're saying

All in all its personal opinion which of the fights was the hardest for one individual and the only real comparison can be made when comparing guilds to each other - in other words how long it took for other guilds to kill the same boss. Sure bosses might be harder today and players better, but who knows? Saying that people got better because they've played longer isnt that good of an argument since wow has changed alot during the years, maybe it got easier so players are "better now in comparison to past.

Feel free to discuss
    Last edited by lappee; 2013-10-01 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post

People arguing about encounter difficulty should realize that there are 3 kind of fights.
    1) dps (gear) checks
    2) personal skill (whether it is doing X thing alone or as a properly organized group)

Now lets put some of the fights that have been considered the hardest into these categories
    Al'akir pre-nerff(2)
    Ragnaross (3)
    Sha of Fear (1)
    Lei-shen (3)
    Ra-den (1)

Siegecrafter Blackfuse (1)
    Paragons of the Klaxxi (2 could be 3 but as far as i know theres only 1 point in the fight that actually needs proper dps)
    Garrosh - Cant really say as i havent really been on the boss but from what i've heard/seen its a (3) -only method atm can say for sure, but i'd be critical of what they're saying

All in all its personal opinion which of the fights was the hardest for one individual and the only real comparison can be made when comparing guilds to each other - in other words how long it took for other guilds to kill the same boss. Sure bosses might be harder today and players better, but who knows? Saying that people got better because they've played longer isnt that good of an argument since wow has changed alot during the years, maybe it got easier so players are "better now in comparison to past.

Feel free to discuss
    fueling the fire like a baws

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacteh View Post
    A really amazing tier again for us. I can only give credit to our extremely stable roster throughout this expansion, the core team of method is so strong in terms of personal skill then mixed with an insane raiding atmosphere has brought us success. The guild is nothing without the leadership which has been exceptional for all of MoP.

In terms of difficulty I would argue with anyone that these final 3 bosses of SoO are the hardest encounters in WoW to date, there is no question about that. The quality of the raiding guilds pushing for world firsts nowadays is so insanely good that the time it takes to down these bosses cannot be a judge on their difficulty. I have no doubts in saying Garrosh was harder than both Ragnaros and Lich King.

My housemate actually recorded me as we downed garrosh, heres what it looked like.

[/I]

I dont know why you have to write after every raid that this raid was the hardest. Even if its true i dont get what you wanna say with it. How long did you need to down ragnaros hc? 1,5 weeks? and how many for lk hc? months? (y i know limited trys, but there wer a lot of guilds who killed it way earlier?) so did you feel lk and ragna was to easy but you didnt feel like killing it?
    I do understand that your roster was bad back in the day, even thats not really true for ragnaros.

But still i do believe even without you writing this kind of stuff after every raid that your guild is awesome, facts dont lie, so no need to try to proof anything. Your the world best guild without doubt.

Deleted

Sure bosses might be harder today and players better, but who knows? Saying that people got better because they've played longer isnt that good of an argument since wow has changed alot during the years, maybe it got easier so players are "better" now in comparison to past.

Feel free to discuss

Agree heavily, especially with the bolded part. That time makes people better is not an axiom, far from it - it is an illusion - something that must be scrutinized with criticism as something TOO obvious. Upon contemplation we may find that the opposite is true.

[...]
    [...]
    Tbh I'd go for Siegecrafter (3), Paragons (2, maybe 2,5 in first id - was tuned tightly with enrage and all things considered), and Garrosh as (1). On the other hand I'm thinking we're the only guild who didn't exploit Siegecrafter so maybe opinions differ.

I think with the current amount of personal mitigation and raid wide cd's available things have gotten easier for the "Player"; and the bosses have been tuned harder both mechanically and numbers wise to compensate. I think that Lich King would have been significantly easier with Life grips and warlock portals, along with aura mastery for infest and whatever else.

Deleted

1) dps (gear) checks

Al'akir pre-nerff(2)
    Ragnaross (3)
    Sha of Fear (1)
    Lei-shen (3)
    Ra-den (1)

Feel free to discuss
    This sounds like a butthurt ex 25 man raider who is trying to bash Method for their accomplishments for no other reason than jealousy.

The sad fact is Paragon are a nothing guild now. I used to like them but in my opinion, they saw Method were becoming a real threat so they decided to go down to 10 mans where the competition is a lot easier.

Paragon are just like Kungen, used to be good but spend their time bashing the current competition instead of acknowledging they are past their best and just can't keep up with the new guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    This sounds like a butthurt ex 25 man raider who is trying to bash Method for their accomplishments for no other reason than jealousy.

The sad fact is Paragon are a nothing guild now. I used to like them but in my opinion, they saw Method were becoming a real threat so they decided to go down to 10 mans where the competition is a lot easier.

Paragon are just like Kungen, used to be good but spend their time bashing the current competition instead of acknowledging they are past their best and just can't keep up with the new guys.
    Obvious troll is obvious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious
    Of course.

Because nothing I said was true was it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I think with the current amount of personal mitigation and raid wide cd's available things have gotten easier for the "Player"; and the bosses have been tuned harder both mechanically and numbers wise to compensate. I think that Lich King would have been significantly easier with Life grips and warlock portals, along with aura mastery for infest and whatever else.
    Aura mastery was definitley there in wotlk but rest is okay ^^ i played holy in icc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritisch View Post
    Aura mastery was definitley there in wotlk but rest is okay ^^ i played holy in icc
    It wasnt -20% magical damage back then, and it was a holy talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Tbh I'd go for Siegecrafter (3), Paragons (2, maybe 2,5 in first id - was tuned tightly with enrage and all things considered), and Garrosh as (1). On the other hand I'm thinking we're the only guild who didn't exploit Siegecrafter so maybe opinions differ.
    my bad, meant to say siegecrafter as (2) but true, i never went on the belt so might be 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post

Huh? Paragon 25m was never defeated by anyone, only by blizzard pulling off the funniest ban ever in wow history. But Method didnt beat para not even close with anything. I think alot of members got pissed off about the ban and decided to leave the game, because thir worldfirst got robbed by blizzard and a noname guild got it (lets say a onehit wonder guild). Actually the same thing happened to ensidia, alot of their members were really pissed and demotivated after getting banned in icc.

Deleted

1) dps (gear) checks

Al'akir pre-nerff(2)
    Ragnaross (3)
    Sha of Fear (1)
    Lei-shen (3)
    Ra-den (1)

Siegecrafter Blackfuse (2)

Feel free to discuss
    How is siegecrafter heroic not a 3? From the looks of it, a lot of coordination and personal skill is needed to get things done properly.

edit: nvm saw your other post

Deleted
    my bad, meant to say siegecrafter as (2) but true, i never went on the belt so might be 3
    Why cant you guys just merge with depraved and show people how its done, once again ? Plz, pretty plz ? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Why cant you guys just merge with depraved and show people how its done, once again ? Plz, pretty plz ? :P
    Oh yeah, please do this