Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    When you can brute force most of the mechanics because A. They don't do enough damage or B. They just simply don't matter, Then the content is too easy, and you go from 14 interesting bosses with various mechanics to 14 training dummies. Idk which you prefer but I can say I would rather have the former.
    I don't know how the actual difficulty is of the first quarter of Flex on Live. However, I know Malkorok, Spoils, and Thok in Quarter 3 on the PTR were far from easy. They took heroic guilds multiple attempts per boss, and that's sad and also saying something.

Several heroic guilds didn't even get through Thok.

I know they nerfed it from that, but I think i'll withhold judgement until all of Flex is out and I've actually seen people who AREN'T decked out the ass in gear/skill try it. Heroic raiders are notorious when it comes to having no perspective.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-11 at 07:44 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I did a flex raid with a full pug yesterday and it was actually enjoyable. It doesn't just roll over and die unless your geared to the teeth. I really think this mode is awesome.

Really makes me want to get back into raiding...Anyone need a ShadowPriest ?!
    Hi Sephurik

When you can brute force most of the mechanics because A. They don't do enough damage or B. They just simply don't matter, Then the content is too easy, and you go from 14 interesting bosses with various mechanics to 14 training dummies. Idk which you prefer but I can say I would rather have the former.
    Good thing the majority of people can't brute force most of the mechanics then, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Even as a heroic raider I love how it's set up. Fun to do outside of main raid and mess around with friends. I hope it becomes a huge success in the casual community. I like that all the mechanics can't be ignored like in LFR.
    This is how I feel. When I first went in I was disappointed with how easy they were, but then again I went on a 540 ilvl. When I went with a PuG though, it seemed tuned just about right. For people with little to no normal experience, the difficulty is challenging but still killable. The DPS and heal checks are about on par with LFR, but unlike LFR most of the mechanics must be executed to some degree (Inferno Strike WILL one-shot still in Flex with less than 3 people standing in it, Protectors have enough health that Bond of the Golden Lotus needs to be handled properly, Norushen enrage WILL NOT be beaten without purifying at least half of your raid's dps, Remnants must be soaked or the raid will die, etc.). I think Flex is what LFR should have been: An easy mode that helps you learn the fight without being frustrating to people who don't have the gear or time to min/max or defeat most end-game content in an organized guild.

Flex = LFR that drops better loot

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why you'd rather the former, because obviously you've pushed yourself in this game and seem to enjoy the challenge (hence being an heroic raider). You have to remember that the people flex is aimed at still have difficulties in LFR (ie the ones that still die to the maze, which last night 2/3rds of my LFR group died).

For me my all time favourite raid is TB. Because it was only available from time to time, it was almost a guaranteed kill unless your group really sucked and I only had to commit at most half an hour. I loved that place and I wish there was still a single raid boss out there (other than the world bosses which don't feel very organized to me), it was a taste of raiding without having to commit tons of time to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I can see why you'd rather the former, because obviously you've pushed yourself in this game and seem to enjoy the challenge (hence being an heroic raider). You have to remember that the people flex is aimed at still have difficulties in LFR (ie the ones that still die to the maze, which last night 2/3rds of my LFR group died).

For me my all time favourite raid is TB. Because it was only available from time to time, it was almost a guaranteed kill unless your group really sucked and I only had to commit at most half an hour. I loved that place and I wish there was still a single raid boss out there (other than the world bosses which don't feel very organized to me), it was a taste of raiding without having to commit tons of time to it.
    I would rather a boss like durumu where the dps check was completely no existent, but where mechanics like beam are very deadly. Performing the dance for each fight is what is fun.

Don't get me wrong flex is awesome and I wish they would get rid of lfr now, but thats not happening.

I love Heroic groups that say Flex is piss easy. Of course it is, you vastly out gear it. Blizzard have stated if you've cleared 6 of 12 ToT ON NORMAL you should be able to clear the first Flex wing without much difficulty. ie. 510-520 average ilvl?
    - http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...os-first-wing/

My guild ran Flex last night with 9 ~530 and 3 non-raiders around 510. We one shot the first two bosses, killed Norushen after 5-6 tries (getting people to rotate properly and soak pain balls was a bit of a pain) and 2 shot Sha of Pride. We felt it was easy. Our lesser geared 3 died quite often though simply due to low stamina, so less tolerance for standing in bad.

I thought it was much easier simply because you are not grouped with 24 jokers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather a boss like durumu where the dps check was completely no existent, but where mechanics like beam are very deadly. Performing the dance for each fight is what is fun.

Don't get me wrong flex is awesome and I wish they would get rid of lfr now, but thats not happening.
    All the non social trolls can go hang in LFR now instead. Flex is for people who want to be there. Thus they are rewarded with slightly higher ilevel because mechanics will kill you if you ignore them.

Deleted
    It's pretty tough actually

it's good practice for normal mode.
    I would say that it's tuned just perfect for its target audience
    It was fun being able to raid with friends from other guilds
    It takes some coordination, but not enough that pugs will struggle too bad.
    I like that all the mechanics can't be ignored.
    I did a flex raid with a full pug yesterday and it was actually enjoyable.
    I thought it was much easier simply because you are not grouped with 24 jokers.
    These are examples of what LFR should have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it with my old raid team yesterday before there raid time. They are all in heroic gear so it was over before it started lol.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty fun IMO. Not as hard as normal, but its about getting people out of LFR and into higher tiers. I had log out but we got to Norushan in a hour or so.

I think its a great idea.

after todays flex clear - for HC raiders quite easy , for target audience of flex - it will be geniunie progress for them there if they will go in there with 520 itlv not 540-550 -_- tbh flex felt exackly as normal should be tuned -_- nand peopel who expect to be able to carry their weaker performing guildies will be severly dissapointed unless they will be overgearing it -_-

I did the first wing yesterday with an oQueue pug.

12 people (2 tanks, 3 healers, 7 dps). Avg ilvl would of been around 510 with 2 people (1 tank, 1 dps up at like 540).

We 1 shot the first 3 bosses. 4th boss we wiped once trying to wing it with no strat. Wiped a second time due to dps not switching to adds. Kicked our two lowest dps and set up markers and it was cake.

I did enjoy it though and found it a lot better than LFR. I was very very lucky and won loot off 3/4 bosses.

Seemed quite fun
    Last edited by pocky_rin; 2013-09-11 at 11:27 PM.

Flex is very easy. Already cleared it!

Deleted
    Flex is what they said it was, somewhere in between lfr and normals. Something really bad raiders can progress in. A 13/13hc raider isn't going to find challenge there and he shouldn't, a casual lfr raider that barely enchants gear and knows nothing about stats priorities and so on will find it a huge step up. For the first 4 blizz did a good job tuning it IMHO

10+ Year Old Account
    Flex was VERY easy with the exception of Norushen. We 3-healed it with 13 people and the outgoing damage was pretty substantial. You could probably 3-heal with 10 or 4-heal with 13-15 and be fine though.

Norushen felt overtuned for the intended audience though.