https://www.humblebundle.com/games/totally-tropico

in case anyone didnt have enough tropico yet - there's a whole bundle now !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    https://www.humblebundle.com/games/totally-tropico

in case anyone didnt have enough tropico yet - there's a whole bundle now !
    But it doesn't include Tropico 6, which is the newest one..

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any experience with this language learning software and how good it actually is from this bundle?

clicky

And does the year subscription start from once i buy the key or add it? Probably the latter but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this language learning software and how good it actually is from this bundle?
    Having been through 4 years of german in highschool and then also doing a few months of japanese with rosetta stone, I can say I vastly preferred rosetta. If you stay dedicated, it was definitely my type of learning tool. High quality, high engagement, logically structured, just as practical. I can't write or read japanese as well as I can german, but I can hold conversations relatively far better than I could at the end of my 1st year of german.

As for the subscription, sorry I don't know that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know HB doesn't do "build your own" type bundles but I feel like it's a weird choice not to for language bundles since most people probably only care about 2-3 specific languages and will never touch the rest. What tier your desired one is in seems almost arbitrary. Seems like it would have been better to just do higher minimum and let people pick a few things of their choice than the standard tiered approach.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account

clicky

And does the year subscription start from once i buy the key or add it? Probably the latter but you never know.
    Haven't tried it I'm afraid. But online reviews seem to rank it highly for the most part.

There also seems to be a free trial period on their site if you want to try it out before spending money.
    That said, it's super expensive if you miss the bundle (25 dollars a month)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know HB doesn't do "build your own" type bundles but I feel like it's a weird choice not to for language bundles since most people probably only care about 2-3 specific languages and will never touch the rest. What tier your desired one is in seems almost arbitrary. Seems like it would have been better to just do higher minimum and let people pick a few things of their choice than the standard tiered approach.
    Yeah that'd make sense.. I'd only be interested in 1 of their courses, and the rest would be pointless fluff for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Having been through 4 years of german in highschool and then also doing a few months of japanese with rosetta stone, I can say I vastly preferred rosetta. If you stay dedicated, it was definitely my type of learning tool. High quality, high engagement, logically structured, just as practical. I can't write or read japanese as well as I can german, but I can hold conversations relatively far better than I could at the end of my 1st year of german.

As for the subscription, sorry I don't know that one.
    Heard good things about rosetta stone also, generally i want to vastly improve what i do know so that's my German for work and family related events, French i just like to speak more confidently all the rest is just bonus for now. This deal offers all of them so was wondering if anyone actually used them as it's the first time i heard of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Haven't tried it I'm afraid. But online reviews seem to rank it highly for the most part.

There also seems to be a free trial period on their site if you want to try it out before spending money.
    That said, it's super expensive if you miss the bundle (25 dollars a month)
    Yeah read the reviews and they all seem rather positive and exactly outside of the bundle all this is very expensive, in general the bundle ain't that big of an investment but i do wonder if it's not something like use it all in this year cause that would mean quite a lot of value of the bundle would get lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found this: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/utalk-single-language

Is it the same software? This one lets you pick the language and apparently for lifetime access.

Edit: No, not the same. The HB is called Transparent Language Online and this one is uTalk.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found this: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/utalk-single-language

Is it the same software? This one lets you pick the language and apparently for lifetime access.
    Sounds like different software

This is how the HB one should've been done where you can pick certain languages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is how the HB one should've been done where you can pick certain languages.
    Yeah, the tiers corresponding (mostly) with length of service is fine, but that some languages are only at some tiers is dumb. I would happily pay a higher minimum if it let you have more control over what languages you got at what length. I imagine there's very few people that will make use of more than a couple languages in that bundle.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yeah, the tiers corresponding (mostly) with length of service is fine, but that some languages are only at some tiers is dumb. I would happily pay a higher minimum if it let you have more control over what languages you got at what length. I imagine there's very few people that will make use of more than a couple languages in that bundle.
    Yeah for instance I have no interest in the $1 or $19.51 (BTA tier I think?). $25 is the one I'd be interested in and that's only for 1-2 languages.

Though I guess in sense for business it's better to put the popular languages in at the max tier because you know people will want them. Otherwise you would have people just paying the $1 or BTA tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah for instance I have no interest in the $1 or $19.51 (BTA tier I think?). $25 is the one I'd be interested in and that's only for 1-2 languages.

Though I guess in sense for business it's better to put the popular languages in at the max tier because you know people will want them. Otherwise you would have people just paying the $1 or BTA tiers.
    You could offset that by making a higher minimum and/or giving less (but more control) at the higher tiers. The tiers also do correlate with length of time, too, so sure maybe everyone would buy the lowest tier if they could get any language there, but it would still be a shorter access time.

I'd rather have few languages I cared about for slightly less than a zillion languages I don't, even if the savings was minimal. But I'd still probably buy the highest tier just because it's a whole year vs a few months.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've been enjoying the hell out of Forager, which was in the current Humble Choice or whatever they call it. I've had it for like, four days or so and I may or may not have 21 hours logged already. I have a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap. I know this was discussed recently, but I kinda stopped paying attention to Choice. 15 bucks for three choices is crazy bad. At that point I'd just go buy the game I was looking for.

clicky

There was once already a bundle from this site. I checked out Japanese and Korean (only very beginner), and few friends of mine French, Spanish, Italian and German. We didn't like it. The interface and layout didn't seem very intuitive, and it didn't seem to have many easily accessible features. Maybe it gets better later on, when you're used to the program, and has more advanced-level content. The reviews were generally quite nice, that's why I bought it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Holy crap. I know this was discussed recently, but I kinda stopped paying attention to Choice. 15 bucks for three choices is crazy bad. At that point I'd just go buy the game I was looking for.
    people have been getting promotional deals offering 12 choices for a whole year for 10 euros i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if I hadn't been grandfathered in from the og monthly, it wouldn't be worth the cost IMO.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is free on Epic this week. I'm mentioning it because it's a unique, interesting little game. I actually bought it for dollars last year. If the genre of game looks at all like something you'd enjoy (it's basically a story game), I highly recommend claiming it.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    There was once already a bundle from this site. I checked out Japanese and Korean (only very beginner), and few friends of mine French, Spanish, Italian and German. We didn't like it. The interface and layout didn't seem very intuitive, and it didn't seem to have many easily accessible features. Maybe it gets better later on, when you're used to the program, and has more advanced-level content. The reviews were generally quite nice, that's why I bought it back then.
    Yes i think i am going to hold off on it and just go for one of the more know programs. Can't fully trust reviews in this day an age any how.

Thanks for your opinion