10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not trying to be pedantic but there's a couple of games on Steam that are Steam-exclusive. Valve's games, but also a few others - particularly older games. Perhaps a bit ironic to the discussion but games like Call of Duty used to be Steam-exclusive until Activision launched their own store front, ditto for many other games.

That said, I'm not really trying to defend Epic here. I think they have acted worse than other storefronts and I think their CEO is a bit of a hypocritical asshat.
    Where they exclusive because steam kept them so or were the games mostly steam exclusive (excluding valve own products) because the digital market place and platform was new and there was a lack of platforms for other publishers?

That to me points out the rather significant difference in both.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Steam Sale is on. Anyone see some nice bargains?

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I dislike the concept, exclusives is far from my main issue with Epic. I understand why they did it (to draw gamers and developers to the platform) and it's arguable they wouldn't have been able to survive as a store platform if they didn't. They certainly aren't the first or last to use exclusives, either. Plus, competition is good and they give a better cut to the devs than Steam, which is may force other platforms to do the same. But I don't like using them from a user perspective. Their client is awful, the store is awful and underdeveloped. Even if they fixed the problems with the platform, I don't really like having my library segmented amongst multiple clients. I get the free games but the only thing I'll intentionally buy there is stuff where I didn't have a choice if I wanted the game at release (Control, RDR2, BL3).

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Quite a lot of my Wishlist is on sale, but I don't see anything in particular that is hugely or uniquely discounted. I might buy Darksburg because its $5 and a bunch of my friends (and spouse) have from Choice and other bundles, and its coop. Mixed reviews but... $5.

is there really not a community event?!
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Quite a lot of my Wishlist is on sale, but I don't see anything in particular that is hugely or uniquely discounted. I might buy Darksburg because its $5 and a bunch of my friends (and spouse) have from Choice and other bundles, and its coop. Mixed reviews but... $5.

I haven't played since the latest update, though I think it improved matchmaking a bit, but it's good! Shiro are good peeps and for $5 it's a very solid little ARPG. It need more map variety, but other than that it was a blast. If you've got a few folks to play with then heck yeah, it's a lot more fun in groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jump Force is 80% off. Bought a game based off an anime called Shachibato at 90% off. Otherwise I'm waiting for isthereanydeal.com to stop being broken to check for the best deals. Looking at Rogue Heroes, Lenna's Inception (oddly both seem inspired by A Link to the Past). I'm still intrigued by Clicker Heroes 2, which is 50% off, but not sure I wanna dive back into that kind of thing. Raft at 33% off, seen so many streamers play this and it looks fun, but not sure it would be as fun playing alone. Curse of the Dead Gods because I must own every roguelike. Phoenotopia at 25% off. Afterparty is 60% off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I haven't played since the latest update, though I think it improved matchmaking a bit, but it's good! Shiro are good peeps and for $5 it's a very solid little ARPG. It need more map variety, but other than that it was a blast. If you've got a few folks to play with then heck yeah, it's a lot more fun in groups.
    Oh awesome, I will definitely pick it up then. I'm always looking for coop games to play with friends and $5 seemed like a safe gamble especially since they already have and and I don't need to con others into buying it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Afterparty is 60% off.
    Already own this but will chime in to recommend Afterparty.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not trying to be pedantic but there's a couple of games on Steam that are Steam-exclusive. Valve's games, but also a few others - particularly older games. Perhaps a bit ironic to the discussion but games like Call of Duty used to be Steam-exclusive until Activision launched their own store front, ditto for many other games.

That said, I'm not really trying to defend Epic here. I think they have acted worse than other storefronts and I think their CEO is a bit of a hypocritical asshat.
    Eh, I wouldn't really call those exclusives. It's not like Valve said "You can't sell them anywhere else" like Epic is. I think it's just more that is where the developers went. Personally, I think there is a big difference between the developers sticking to a platform versus being told they can't sell elsewhere. Now if Valve refuses to let them sell elsewhere then I'd agree.

Also, this is my personal opinion, but I don't really count Valve's own games as being exclusives. They just chose to not sell them elsewhere. Just like I'd be ok if Epic developed games and did the same. It's the whole "got to control everyone so they can't sell anywhere but ours".

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Where they exclusive because steam kept them so or were the games mostly steam exclusive (excluding valve own products) because the digital market place and platform was new and there was a lack of platforms for other publishers?

That to me points out the rather significant difference in both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't really call those exclusives. It's not like Valve said "You can't sell them anywhere else" like Epic is. I think it's just more that is where the developers went. Personally, I think there is a big difference between the developers sticking to a platform versus being told they can't sell elsewhere. Now if Valve refuses to let them sell elsewhere then I'd agree.

Also, this is my personal opinion, but I don't really count Valve's own games as being exclusives. They just chose to not sell them elsewhere. Just like I'd be ok if Epic developed games and did the same. It's the whole "got to control everyone so they can't sell anywhere but ours".
    Yeah, for sure.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Forge Your Fate appears to be the event thing this sale. While it's basically reading a paragraph or two and choosing one of two options, I actually found myself enjoying it more than I perhaps should. For every choice you get an animated "sticker" (basically a .gif you can send in Steam chat), and based on your choices, you'll get one of five badges for your profile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up Darksburg (thanks Edge!) and a few games from my wishlist: Death and Taxes, Tangle Tower, and Roki.

I also bought Detroit because it was half off. I'm a few years late to the party, and I've never played any of their other well known games but it seems up my alley. I know it's a very polarising game though; everyone seems to either love it or hate it. Some of the criques seem like something that would bother me but decided to pull the trigger and risk it. If I like it, that's a lot of hours of gameplay at least.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    https://store.steampowered.com/bundl..._games_bundle/

only 2 cents for 2 games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Buying VR games while not having a VR setup feels wrong though ;D

Almost 100 games in my wish list i am reluctant to buy certain ones like Disco Elysium as those might end up on the humble monthly.

Keep adding and subtracting things from my cart do not want to end up with a too large bill
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowrun trilogy for free on GoG. Great isometric RPGs, first one is kinda mediocre story wise, but second and third are excellent.

https://www.gog.com/game/shadowrun_trilogy
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-06-25 at 04:27 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Shadowrun trilogy for free on GoG. Great isometric RPGs, first one is kinda mediocre story wise, but second and third are excellent.

https://www.gog.com/game/shadowrun_trilogy
    Awesome! Thanks for the notice, I'd have missed it otherwise.

@ steam sale: Thinking about buying some random things from my wishlist, and maybe complete some games via DLCs which I got in some bundles and enjoyed. Those games I was keeping an eye on already before have already been discounted a bit higher in the past. I'm also on a very limited budget this year due to buying a new laptop recently. Not that I'd really need new games, having around 200 games in my Steam and 100 in my gog backlog...

In case anyone is having difficulty getting rid of their duplicate summer sale 2021 cards,
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffe...token=PNAB7Ogr

There's a public bot that will take any card in the set, and you can select any card you want from the same set.
    This bot is active all year around - but is specifically set up for events such as the summer sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    In case anyone is having difficulty getting rid of their duplicate summer sale 2021 cards,
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffe...token=PNAB7Ogr

There's a public bot that will take any card in the set, and you can select any card you want from the same set.
    This bot is active all year around - but is specifically set up for events such as the summer sale.
    That is pretty sweet thanks for sharing!
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

Like CPR made a Cyberpunk which can be bought everywhere?

The only reason for a company to sell game on x platform and not on x,y,z, whatever platforms is because x platform offered them A LOT of money. Because why would you not like to sell you product for as broad audience as possible? You would actively damage your ravenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Like CPR made a Cyberpunk which can be bought everywhere?

The only reason for a company to sell game on x platform and not on x,y,z, whatever platforms is because x platform offered them A LOT of money. Because why would you not like to sell you product for as broad audience as possible? You would actively damage your ravenue.
    speaking of.
    https://www.gamestop.com/video-games.../11094594.html

it's 18$ at gamestop right now

- - - Updated - - -

New choice is up
    https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/july-2021

Yakuza 3 remastered
    The surge 2
    Dirt 5
    Hammerting
    Numbatus - the space drone construction
    Paradise killer
    Kill it with fire
    Bee simulator
    Elderborn
    S.w.i.n.e. hd remaster
    Deadly days
    Adom (ancient domains of mystery)
    Last edited by bbr; 2021-07-06 at 05:04 PM.

Paradise Killer, nice. That was on my Steam wishlist, glad I waited before doing my sale purchases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next month being my last cheap month better be godly or it will absolutely be the last time they bait me into it. This is levels of bad I didn't expect from them after basically begging people to subscribe.