Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hidden folks and Dungeons 3 are the early unlocks for Humble Monthly. That's tempting, but I already have Overwatch...

I just read about that, it's a shame. I played Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future and they gave me that old point and click games vibe. Then i played A Wolf Among Us, which was a nice story but.... i felt it was a bit too much on rail, too little interaction and my choices at the end didn't matter; same story with Tales of the Borderlands... I guess they reused way too much the same formula, in an already niche market, and the inevitable happened.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Tiny Bang Story is free on Steam atm, ends tomorrow morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reviews on that game are the exact reason why I don't bother to read reviews anymore. One person downvoted it because HE is colorblind. Are you fucking serious? "I don't have any hands so I'm going to downvote every game on steam because they don't cater to paraplegics!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The reviews on that game are the exact reason why I don't bother to read reviews anymore.
    I tend to ignore the reviews as well. However...

One person downvoted it because HE is colorblind. Are you fucking serious?
    Pointing out that the game is "difficult to the point of impossibility" if you're colorblind is a good piece of information to point out to potential buyers. Also, it is worth stating that he isn't "downvoting" the game; when you leave a review, you are asked the following question: "Do you recommend this game? Yes/No". If I had his experience, I would not recommend it, either.

Also, worth noting:

Colour (color) blindness (colour vision deficiency, or CVD) affects approximately 1 in 12 men (8%) and 1 in 200 women in the world. In Britain this means that there are approximately 3 million colour blind people (about 4.5% of the entire population), most of whom are male.
    Color blindness is, uh, a bit more common than being paraplegic.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2018-09-25 at 02:13 AM.

I don't like games that use hard to distinguish colors in puzzles... How hard is it to use something like red/yellow/blue when using 3 colours, instead of orangishgreen/green/yellowishgreen. Or, when you insist on that second option, at least use symbols. Luckily more and more developers realize this.
    So, yes, if you can't finish a game because of something as common as red-green colorblindness, it really deserves a negative review.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, colourblindness is super common so I think that's a useful negative review. I mean, it's not a review that would influence my own purchase as someone who isn't colourblind, but it's a good one to put up for those that are.

I do read and care about reviews on games, I just read them with a perspective that weighs what actually matters to me personally in game. If a person rates a game low because they didn't like the puzzles, or it didn't meet their personal expectations, or the aesthetics weren't their taste... then those mean very little to me. If a person didn't like the games because it was buggy or the gameplay wasn't responsive or there's some aspect of the design I know would bother me too, then that is more likely to make me hesitate.

Useless reviews certainly exist and should be ignored. I've seen some amazingly stupid and awful ones over the years.

But I think reading reviews can be valuable no matter what, you just need to know how to filter out the stuff that won't actually be important or relevant to you.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I don't like games that use hard to distinguish colors in puzzles... How hard is it to use something like red/yellow/blue when using 3 colours, instead of orangishgreen/green/yellowishgreen. Or, when you insist on that second option, at least use symbols. Luckily more and more developers realize this.
    So, yes, if you can't finish a game because of something as common as red-green colorblindness, it really deserves a negative review.
    If I'm not mistaken there's quite a few games out there nowadays that have a color-blind mode to help with the issues you're talking about.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I forgot to cancel my Humble Monthly sub and I already own Overwatch. Send me a PM if you want it.

The code doesn't work in these countries:
    BU
    BY
    CN
    CU
    ER
    IR
    KP
    LY
    MM
    SD
    SY
    VE

Deleted
    Hello all,

I'm a very long time lurker (like a decade + only made this account after losing my previous one) and one of my regular pleasures after quitting wow and still coming to this site was viewing this thread.

I would just like to say that whoever changed the title from the charming "Humble Bundle & Other Bundle Paloozas" to the cold "other digital sales" is a savage and no gentleman/lady!

That being said, I've been informed of many good deals here over time so if anyone is interested in a key for Tales of Berseria, Zombie Night Terror or Figment send me a pm.

Edit: Somehow my HB keys are showing as duplicates to those who try to use them, although I haven't claimed them on steam. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Last edited by mmoc145976e08f; 2018-09-29 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PromiscuousPelican View Post
    Edit: Somehow my HB keys are showing as duplicates to those who try to use them, although I haven't claimed them on steam. Has this happened to anyone else?
    I haven't had that personally happen to me, but I have heard of such cases happening for different sites. Contact HB and they should investigate and fix the problem for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I haven't had that personally happen to me, but I have heard of such cases happening for different sites. Contact HB and they should investigate and fix the problem for you.
    Ticket sent!

If anyone doesn't have Zombie Night Terror or Figment let me know as I'd quite like to see if more than just one was already claimed...

edit: Figment was claimed and worked, Zombie Night Terror is still up for grabs.
    Last edited by mmoc145976e08f; 2018-09-29 at 09:45 PM.

GOG have their 10th birthday sale on at the moment. Some pretty good deals. Among them are these:

https://www.gog.com/game/collection_iii - $25

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (cheapest on Steam is $35.99)
    Battle Chasers: Nightwar
    Shadows Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

https://www.gog.com/game/collection_ii - $10

Dragon Age: Origins
    Owlboy
    Homeworld Remastered Collection

https://www.gog.com/game/collection_i - $5

Theme Hospital
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Another World
    System Shock 2

They are also giving away a free game but you need to vote which one:

https://www.gog.com/10years

Choices are: Shadow Warrior 2, Superhot and Firewatch
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2018-10-02 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    GOG have their 10th birthday sale on at the moment. Some pretty good deals. Among them are these:

https://www.gog.com/game/collection_iii - $25

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (cheapest on Steam is $35.99)
    Battle Chasers: Nightwar
    Shadows Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

https://www.gog.com/game/collection_ii - $10

Dragon Age: Origins
    Owlboy
    Homeworld Remastered Collection

https://www.gog.com/game/collection_i - $5

Theme Hospital
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Another World
    System Shock 2

They are also giving away a free game but you need to vote which one:

https://www.gog.com/10years

Choices are: Shadow Warrior 2, Superhot and Firewatch
    The only thing on that whole list I actually want is Battle Chasers...not worth spending $25 for it and a game I have and I game I will never play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...s_tile_index_2

Hb is have a female protag sale. I picked up remake even if ive played through it 6 times in the past month and a half on ps4. But they also got bayo and VA-11 HALL-A, so yay.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-10-02 at 06:42 AM.

The only thing on that whole list I actually want is Battle Chasers...not worth spending $25 for it and a game I have and I game I will never play.
    I have most of the games so I'm not getting any of the bundles. I believe Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a bit buggy but the bundle is cheaper than the game has ever been so it's a good deal if you are interested in that type of stuff. The Owlboy bundle is pretty good value.

They have also started selling Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Stellaris and Soldier of Fortune if any of those are your cup of tea.

I am debating whether to get Original Sin 2 but it's still really expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...s_tile_index_2

Hb is have a frmale protag sale. I picked up remake even if ive played through it 6 times in the past month and a half on ps4. But they also got bayo and VA-11 HALL-A, so yay.
    Beyond good and evil is a great game, especially for $2 and some change. Child of light has been on my wish list for ages. Tempting....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I have most of the games so I'm not getting any of the bundles. I believe Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a bit buggy but the bundle is cheaper than the game has ever been so it's a good deal if you are interested in that type of stuff. The Owlboy bundle is pretty good value.

They have also started selling Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Stellaris and Soldier of Fortune if any of those are your cup of tea.

I am debating whether to get Original Sin 2 but it's still really expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond good and evil is a great game, especially for $2 and some change. Child of light has been on my wish list for ages. Tempting....
    Col is worth it for the boss theme alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Col is worth it for the boss theme alone.
    Arrgh. I just bought it from them and now they want me to link my UPlay account before they will give me the game. Lets see what support comes back and says. Looking at GreenManGaming, they are also doing the link thing now so I am guessing this might be UPlay being pig headed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird question involving Steam sales. Do anime series ever go on sale on Steam? I've been meaning to get one, but I kinda wanted to wait for a sale on it. Then again, it seems to be permanently 15% off.