Deleted

War of the Ancients Gamebreaking Lore Miss

Something that has bothered me since the release of the War of the Ancients dungeons and Dragon Soul is the fact that we travel 10,000 years back in time to get the Dragon Soul from Deathwing and then returning with it to the present to fight Deathwing. What happens to all the important lore in the 10,000 years inbetween, like the fact that Sinestra uses the Dragon Soul to make the Twilight Dragons which have a huge role in the Dragon Soul raid.

I no longer have a paid subscription to WoW so I can't post on the forums there, but maybe someone from these forums could somehow get the attention of a Blizzard Lore guy to explain it. ^^

Irrc, Nossy returns it to its place after we're done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bronze dragon flight took it back to where we stole it from.

To add. The aspects are the ones that lost there power. The bronze flight can still time travel.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-09-11 at 11:34 PM.
    Aye mate

From wowpedia:
    With the Aspect's power loss, the Dragon Soul was returned to exact time in history.

Deleted
    But wouldn't that still not work, sure we return it after we're done with it but it should still have been gone for those 10,000 years shouldn't it? I mean it can't be in both times at the same time.

Deleted
    I wouldn't bother trying to make sense of time travel, your brain will explode eventually (or you'll come very close). I'd imagine the reasoning for nothing major changing would be some parallel universe explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erav View Post
    But wouldn't that still not work, sure we return it after we're done with it but it should still have been gone for those 10,000 years shouldn't it? I mean it can't be in both times at the same time.
    As Doc Brown once said, "You're just not thinking fourth dimensionally".

Timeline is linear, time changing events are not parallel to the timeline.

Well it doesn't exist in the current timeline as it was destroyed by Rhonin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically is was the biggest deus ex machina in wow history
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Ya know, it's funny how you say that it's somehow lore breaking, when you yourself don't know the lore in place.

From wowpedia:

The Soul was used as part of a portal to be opened within the depths of the Well of Eternity itself. Before the portal could be opened, however, the Soul's spellwork was disrupted and back in the possession of the resistors. After the Legion was banished from Azeroth and the Sundering of the World finished, Malfurion and the four remaining Aspects placed a spell on the Demon Soul that would prevent Deathwing from ever using it again, and then hid the foul disk in a place where only the four dragons would find it...but not Deathwing.
    The Power Unleashed

Ten thousand years later, Deathwing - seeking to rebuild his shattered Dragonflight using the eggs of his archnemesis, Alexstrasza - found the Demon Soul and led the orcs of the Dragonmaw Clan to it.
    So no, it's not lore breaking.

No. We only had it for a few days, tops. It wasn't gone for more than a few moments, either. "Both times at the same time" doesn't even make sense.