Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Oh shit, Varian said something about rebuilding Gilneas.

SYLVANAS WE COMIN' FOR YOU BITCH!

I am satisfied with my fist-pump. People crying that Varian didn't kill the whole Horde or whatever were never realistic.
    Sure, wiping the Horde out isn't realistic, but either is walking away with nothing to show for it. Considering the Alliance could have wiped the whole Horde leadership out right then and there, it's pathetic to just walk away. There's nothing to show for it, just a threat and a Horde left to strengthen itself. A forced surrender of Gilneas would have been the least they could have done.

Instead, they stuck a big middle finger up to the Alliance players and told them to spin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    I'm the only one here thinking about Sylvanas ? She is doing her thing alone and she the one who doesn't always fight in honor..
    One thing is for certain, Sylvanas is already pissing off multiple factions which include the Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade (if word of her followers using the plague again reached Tirion's ears). A retaliation strike against her would probably involve a lot of people

Problem is, Blizzard is lazy and made Sylvanas the 'one who got away with everything' . The Alliance are made to look like AFKs who don't even do anything to at least stop her except in WPL

Would be quite satisfying if we could give Sylvanas and her Forsaken followers their just desserts (or at least do something instead of nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post

Horde or Alliance don't define a person. As a matter of fact, it has nothing at all to do with it. You're the one who is delusional. And you take this game too seriously. Time to quit and take a step back.
    In a way it does because their faction choice says a lot about their personalities. There have been papers written about it. But I am not the one spazzing out and calling people vile names. Perhaps the person who did so is who you should tell to stop taking it so seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else shocked that Thrall was about to splatter garrosh's brains all over the floor? Doesnt really seem like a Thrall thing to do...

In this case, I think Thrall's anger was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Is anyone else shocked that Thrall was about to splatter garrosh's brains all over the floor? Doesnt really seem like a Thrall thing to do...
    Nah, that was actually the old WC3 Thrall shining through for the first time in years.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    So the Alliance gift is liberating the Horde so they can rise up again to stir shit? Alright.
    They rose up because of their corrupted leader. But, as you can see, true members of the Horde stood up against their corrupted leader. They're not as evil as you think.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I don't get the criticism; did people here actually expect Varian to deliver a killing blow to the Horde? I'm sure that'd be fun when Horde players find out that in the next expansion they all get free faction transfers because theirs no longer exists......../rolleyes.

Deleted
    Watching the Alliance version first i was a little disappointed. Watched it a couple times again and it got better. After having seen the Horde version just now, i am actually really happy with it. I didn't think Varian would still have such a threatening presence in the Horde version... but he still does!

Link to horde version?

Deleted
    It was just downed on a stream on the front page, don't know when they will have a video up

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    We wouldn't have a game without both factions
    Why not?
    All of the past expansions really had nothing to do with the Horde fighting the Alliance. If it were just the Horde (or just the Alliance), feels like most major events would go roughly the same. For gameplay purposes I know I virtually never interact with the Alliance, and in fact it's just an annoyance that I can't play with a number of my friends because they're on the opposite faction.

The main difference in the lore would be that we would have never gotten pandas. And you know what? I'd be totally okay with that.

I think you're all being silly.

Just because the Horde tried to wipe out life on Azeroth three times thus far, that does not mean that they're gonna do it again.

Just kidding, the alliance is retarded for letting Garrosh live and the Horde survive.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    In a way it does because their faction choice says a lot about their personalities. There have been papers written about it. But I am not the one spazzing out and calling people vile names. Perhaps the person who did so is who you should tell to stop taking it so seriously.
    I'm curious, did you actually read the 'paper(s) written about it' that you linked?

The data does not support the hypothesis that player faction and class selection are dependent on player
    personality traits. In fact there is no data to support this and it appears that faction and class selection is entirely
    random.

What that paper says is not what you appear to think it says. In fact, it says precisely the opposite of what you think it says, merely quantifying various personality traits across the varied things one can do in the game. Risk-taking personalities in PvP, personality traits that encourage competitive play, etcetera. It's unwise to link to material you aren't actually familiar with!

Accusing someone of 'spazzing out' is name-calling too, by the way, as well as stereotyping spasticity.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2013-09-12 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Alliance players may complain, but even as a Hordie I'm pretty pumped - Varian's vow to rebuild Alliance holdings on Kalimdor and take steps to curtail Sylvanas' ambitions means there will be plenty of conflict in the future and the Alliance will be taking a proactive role instead of fighting defensive actions.

'bout time they started to turn things around. Get the dwarves to the forefront with new Dark Iron weapons and things will start getting really interesting on the battlefield again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Nah, that was actually the old WC3 Thrall shining through for the first time in years.
    It was glorious if only he would shed the robes and dawn the Doomhammer plate again.

Comparing Varian and Jaina now to how they were during the Wrath of the Lich King era, it's like their stance on the Horde has reversed.

I'm Alliance, those alliance that thought that the siege of orgrimmar was neither horde centric nor alliance centric, however I did rant when I read the quest text from the rebellion that said "we will let you guys (alliance) help us because we're so chill" instead of "we really have to stand together against this", I also thought that 5.1 was crazy Jaina fist pumping moment, i felt good for her but not for the alliance as a whole (THAT "A Little Patience" scenario was worse than the devil and the one who came up with the idea should die in a fire).

I liked the end of SoO, the threat and how Varian shows that the Alliance has a much more favorable position in the moment and how we have "mercy" on the horde for the better interest for all.
    Also the fact that the world first kill was an Alliance guild is AWESOME

Taran Zhu saying that the Pandaren suffered more than any others by Garrosh made me lol. What a douchebag.

I am very, very happy with this ending. It's quite a perfect ending in my opinion.