Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Vol'jin has literally done nothing making him worthy of this title.

He made a rebellion, woo, well, he wasn't able to rescue his people. Even when he returned to sen'jin, he just stood by well Thrall and Chen faught off the kor'kohn.
    You know who it was fighting to take back undercity in wrath days well vol'jin sat outside and did nothing? Thrall and Sylvanas.

For years, Vol'jins done nothing but stand around in grommash hold. He's not done anything worthy to validate this. And honestly, all this feels like it was done for shock value, almost as if the devs were saying 'here, we're show you we can choose someone else beside an orc', and thats it.

Maybe if the developers had spent more time developing him over the years, instead of just paying a writer to write a novel for him, and claim that as development (which from all accounts, it had nothing in it as far as development went for vol'jin) then maybe I might have felt far less diappointed in this.
    Seriously, Rexxar has done more for the horde then vol'jin.
    Let the hate flow through you..... vote "I'm Horde and I hate it".

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    ^ This, so much this
    If your going to make a warchief, he needs to have done something worthy of it. You remember the trails Thrall went though in lord of the clans (that book seems to meaningless now), well that established Thrall as being a character prepared to fight, step up, and do what he could for his people. He earned the title from doomhammer because, if it wasn't for him, the orcs would still be living in camps.

The bigger question here though is.. why should the orcs follow Vol'jin? See, Thrall actually saved the orcs from there imprisonment. Vol'jin, has done nothing for the orcs, ever. He didn't even rescue his people from the echo isles for years, and now suddenly he gets forced on everyone, and that makes him an established character?
    Newsflash, it doesn't.
    #boycottchina

Saw it coming.

Would've been happy if it was Lor'themar.

Nice to see both Factions are ending the expansion on a high note though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I would have liked lorthemar. It would have been the interesting choice in that people would be less likely to accept him. Could have made for some interesting story telling of how he would have to win over the races. I like voljin but its to effortless a transition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    As opposed to Garrosh, the lazy-ass who sat out defending his people in Nagrand because he had daddy issues. Vol'Jin had a legitimate reason for resting.

I hate this unwritten rule that only an Orc can be Warchief. Thrall established the Horde and he requested that Vol'Jin lead them.
    Not to mention Vol'Jin was one of Thralls trusted advisers when he was warchief so it makes sense.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Not to mention Vol'Jin was one of Thralls trusted advisers when he was warchief so it makes sense.
    oh you mean the advisor who sat around in grommash hold well his people were out on echo isles, held as mind zombies for a witch doctor, for what, 5-6 years?
    Thats great leadership.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is alive, and Thrall didn't take the mantle of warchief again. What's not to like? This was a good patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    I hate it..

Voljin is only good as a side character and thats it.. He dosent have the aura of a warchief.. You can see it very clearly in the cinematic.. When thrall gets stoped by varian and says "I wont let you have him" you know he means bizness.. He would go wack a mole in varians face if the pandarean didnt appear.. Thrall has that wachief aura that makes enemies tremble and allys follow.. Voljin in the other hand just looks weak when he's face to face to varian..

Also we had to help voljin with pretty much everything he did.. Dude get's poisoned and makes us do all his work.. And he literally begged the aliance for help for SoO.. Same thing he did in 4.1 in the first zandalari insurrection.. The dude is a tool..

There were so many better candidates.. Saurufang.. Rexxar.. Nazgrim!!

Very very sad day for the horde..

10+ Year Old Account
    Im horde and i hate it. He's not warchief of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Also we had to help voljin with pretty much everything he did..
    Get used to helping NPCs. That's kinda what the game is about...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Wanted Vol'jin to take the title since the Zandalari Patch in Cataclysm. He has done nothing but grow on me since. Very happy. Who cares if he didn't do some "heroic deed" in the past? His trial was standing up to Garrosh and spearheading the rebellion and keeping as much of the Horde's honor as possible, and it seems he did it well.

If your going to make a warchief, he needs to have done something worthy of it. You remember the trails Thrall went though in lord of the clans (that book seems to meaningless now), well that established Thrall as being a character prepared to fight, step up, and do what he could for his people. He earned the title from doomhammer because, if it wasn't for him, the orcs would still be living in camps.

The bigger question here though is.. why should the orcs follow Vol'jin? See, Thrall actually saved the orcs from there imprisonment. Vol'jin, has done nothing for the orcs, ever. He didn't even rescue his people from the echo isles for years, and now suddenly he gets forced on everyone, and that makes him an established character?
    Newsflash, it doesn't.
    Not to mention that Thrall was the first Shaman in over a generation, him becoming one meant that the spirits had forgiven the Orcs as a race. He was the face of Orc redemption, something Blizzard has pissed on by first turning Garrosh maniacal and now handing over the reigns to a Troll with no accomplishment in life. I feel like punching a horse...

Something I thought interesting in the Horde cinematic was the different gestures of the other racial leaders, as they made their obedience to the new Warchief. Particularly, I actually chuckled when Sylvanas basically give him a chin-nod after all the others bowed or knelt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    Not to mention that Thrall was the first Shaman in over a generation, him becoming one meant that the spirits had forgiven the Orcs as a race. He was the face of Orc redemption, something Blizzard has pissed on by first turning Garrosh maniacal and now handing over the reigns to a Troll with no accomplishment in life. I feel like punching a horse...
    I mean just look at how he handeled the situation in his home island.. Lol.. 6 years to take the dude that his controlling your island out of power?

Thrall was bad ass from the first time we saw him.. And is to this day and probably until this game ends the best warchief ever..

Satisfying moment for the Alliance. The horde players actually cry, because they've got Vol'Jin for Warchief.. Now who is whiny? I love those salty tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    I mean just look at how he handeled the situation in his home island.. Lol.. 6 years to take the dude that his controlling your island out of power?

Thrall was bad ass from the first time we saw him.. And is to this day and probably until this game ends the best warchief ever..
    What I don't understand is how is it going to work? If Thrall is still involved in the Horde who is going to take Vol'jin's supremacy seriously? It's like having a freshly prepared gourmet meal be put in front of you but for some reason you pick a big Mac to eat...

I like Vol'jin. He is a pretty level headed person. He should make a good leader for the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    I think he is worthy, he has proven him self loyal to the Horde for as long as I can remember, more than any other candidate. Like Thrall said, it's because of Vol'jin's efforts that the Horde held together during the latest events.

He has been one of my favorite characters since I played WC3 all those years ago, I'm happy to see him get this great role!

And we all see how well Thrall's last Warchief decision went.

Vol'jin's accomplishments in the Zandalari patch were actually pretty legit, I think they make a decent resume in and of themselves. And in hindsight, they are actually made more significant, because imagine if the Zandalari had been successful in Cataclysm, the kind of power they might have found realigning with the Mogu under those circumstances?

Vol'jin is probably the most universally respected current, official race leader (i.e. not Thrall, not Malfurion) -- and that's respect by both enemies and allies.

Newsflash, it doesn't.
    This is what happens when you put bad writers to develop an epic story. Even now in MoP where he was forced on everything, he accomplished NOTHING by its own.

All his deeds before MoP was escaping a Naga with some murloc followers...
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.