Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You can upgrade them to 535 ilvl with Burdens of eternity.
    The time it's going to take someone to do that for every available item slot isn't going to be something you see hardly anyone bother with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Have you discovered a hidden skull NPC that takes you on a spirit world chest treasure hunt?
    Did you notice the skull was zarhym? And that he says... "Am I really that snarky?" among other things...

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    were they that good? I know I ended up wtih teh 2h axe and the speed was a bit fast, but then again, the 2.3 and 2.4 boj's were mainly aimed at folks not even doing 25 mans, I suspect.

ok looking at the xbow, for a bm hunter using steady shot, maybe this would have simmed out to just about the same, given the speed dif? I remember they made the melee weapons a bit non-optimum in speed for teh various classes.
    the fist weapons from TBC badge gear were as good as a lot of t5 items and were only replaced really by sunwell items and some BT items (well for my shaman anyways)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    My only complaint is that the epics are disenchantable.
    Oh ya I am stocking up on Sha Crystals, I'm gunna be rich !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    It's hardly surprising that Blizzard have implemented an end of expansion catch up mechanism with easy to obtain epics, as they have done the same at the end of every single expansion.

TBC - Faceroll easy Magisters Terrace normal mode 5 man that dropped epics comparable to Kara. There were also lots of end game epics available for justice points (or whatever they used to be called) from IQD vendors.
    This made me laugh - if you could actually use the t4ish gear from normal mgt, and claim it was faceroll, one of the two claims is false (unless you were being carried).

who are these people who found normal mgt faceroll easy on release yet could use the gear it dropped?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why has the OP failed to realize they do this on every expansion? And how they did this on vanilla was unlock the rank requirements for PVP weapons. So what? This catch-up time is how they've been preparing people for the next expansion. Every. Single. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Oh ya I am stocking up on Sha Crystals, I'm gunna be rich !!!
    It takes 3 of those shitty epics to even make one sha crystal lol

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    High level enchanting is completely enabled at the moment.
    Fixed that for you.

Whats the fucking problem if there was no catch up mechanism most guilds would still be on Heart of Fear and would blizz waste time making a raid as large as Siege if only 1 to 5 percent could see it?

People need to stop putting prestige on epics if you want to wave your little penis then show us your achieves, Mounts, Challenge mode gear, titles etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Why has the OP failed to realize they do this on every expansion? And how they did this on vanilla was unlock the rank requirements for PVP weapons. So what? This catch-up time is how they've been preparing people for the next expansion. Every. Single. Time.
    Thats what ive been trying to say! glad im not the only one. The method is slightly different each time but its something they have done everytime. They make it easier to get some pieces of gear near the end of an xpac. it has gotten a lot easier this time around but the gear is still WAY behind anything you can get from TOT/SOO

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I get "furious" because first you grind your ass off to get gear and then they do a 360 and almost mail a full set to you.

What has the item squish have to do with that? It's still more powerful gear.
    360 Would mean that they're exactly where they were before, 180 would mean they've turned around and went in another direction, which they have.

Every expansion, you replace the gear you've "grinded your ass off to get" with greens and blues, what does it matter? You should already be expecting things like this, it should be no surprise, especially with the impending end of the expansion, this is just a way for people to catch-up on their main, or gear up on their alt. I don't care how long it took you to grind for a piece of gear, it's always going to be replaced.

I have been away from the game this expansion and recently returned. My friends are in a decent progression guild and want me to raid with them. Their raid leader tested me out and wants me to raid with them. But my ilvl was just too low to be able to step into SoO. Thanks to the Isle I can join them this weekend. So hate all you want, but I will be able to work on current content without having to grind old content for a few months just to do the current stuff. Its. Its not lidke the isle is dropping SoO gear. Your anger at it is very sad.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait so let me get this straight...your complaint is that if you don't want to go do old raids that have been out a year, or LFRs of the same, or buy/make crafted stuff, or do heroic scenarios, or buy carries...you have ANOTHER option to gear up fresh alts without doing those fun and amazing forms of content? You mean I don't have to run endless heroics to get JP to gear my alts up fairly quickly? I can just farm endless mobs for them instead? Oh no, Blizzard...why do you make this game so hard to get geared up...
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    This made me laugh - if you could actually use the t4ish gear from normal mgt, and claim it was faceroll, one of the two claims is false (unless you were being carried).

who are these people who found normal mgt faceroll easy on release yet could use the gear it dropped?
    Still reliving your BC moments eh? It's so long ago, we're talking about the island now. You should really play wow again instead of just coming here to talk about BC. And btw, normal Magister's was pretty easy, you might wipe once or twice, but i've died alot on the island in 2 days... the mobs are pretty fun/challenging to fight... much more fun than MT ever was.

I don't understand why OP isn't just doing the first raids instead of complaining about stuff other people do like.........

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    I don't understand why OP isn't just doing the first raids instead of complaining about stuff other people do like.........
    Because he spent a lot of time and effort getting his porche and goes on a nerd rage rampage when he sees someone in a POS pinto.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

The timeless isle feels more like fast food than actual content. Sure it filled that hunger to gear your characters but after you're done the process in as little as an hour or 2 whats next for you? Obviously you're not going to pursue normal modes you missed out on with your alts, no... you need the gear now to get into the next LFR.....

So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)

anyway the Isle will get boring fast when people realize fast food content isn't good for the game.

Quality over quantity.
    Should we expect a similar QQ post at the launch of the next xpac when greens are 10x better than your epics? You earned your stats, these peons that are questing didn't. They should be far behind you!

Sha Crystal prices will go back up once everyone hits the majority of the treasure chests as a large majority are one time only and about 4 respawn on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    My only complaint is that the epics are disenchantable.
    WoW. I hadn't tried yet. I imagine the price of Sha Crystals is going to be plummeting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Sha Crystal prices will go back up once everyone hits the majority of the treasure chests as a large majority are one time only and about 4 respawn on a weekly basis.
    Are the little chests coins-only after the first loot?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"