Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    TL;DR: I earned my epics the long and painful way THEREFORE YOU SHOULD ALL DO THAT TO OMG HOW DARE THEY.

It's the end of the x-pack, it's catch up time, what difference does it make?
    Pretty much this.

The epics that you get from quests and the chests barely outweigh tyrannical gear and have base stats, no sockets or set bonuses. To even cry about "Free epics" makes me think about the idiocy that used to be "welfare epics" and that retarded debate.

They need to have catch up mechanics. If a new player or an alt just dinged 90, how is he supposed to see current content? The iLevel disparity is just too much. They either have to have something like the Isle or they can do something like give decent gear with crafting so a person is ready for the current LFR at the very least.

I dont see how any making catch up gear available for alts make any different on how your game a affected. If you are a normal/heroic raider you will never see any of the players that are wearing this gear playing with you. I think the game is good as it is and has evolved in a better system that takes in to account a wide variety of players with different amount of play time to dedicate. Making stuff available for casuals doesnt not impact anyones game play.

The way I see it, there are 3 groups of players. casual, mediocre and hardcore. I myself am in the mediocre group and would love to raid as a hardcore but life happens and time restriction doesnt allow me. LFR and gear catch up allows me to see all the content. Me doing LFRs doesnt affect any ones normal/raiding raiding experience. I find that casuals are happy and hardcore players are happy as well. You dont see any of those complaining about casuals ruining they game for them. Its the mediocre players that do and I,myself being one, think they are the ones that flood these forums with pointless threads like this.

Once again these changes never impacts your normal/heroic raid.

Stop crying like a baby. It's not even ToT LFR itemlevel.

I swear people will cry about anything in this game.

Oh no, my alts are now two patches behind. That's such a massive change from the last patch, where they were still two patches behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    TL;DR: Blizzard can't please everyone. SOMEONE will complain, regardless of what they do.
    That's silly, they HAVE to cater to everyone, since we're entitled to have everything we want done the way we want.

Amiright?

Anyone?

(I'm being sarcastic btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That's silly, they HAVE to cater to everyone, since we're entitled to have everything we want done the way we want.

Amiright?

Anyone?

(I'm being sarcastic btw)
    this guy knows whats up

Deleted
    this has absolutely no effect on mains but makes playing an alt fun. 100% behind the catchup, but I wish there wasn't such a crazy itemlevel disparity to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

You yourself answered your question in the first sentence. The keyword being "alt." Why would anyone in their right mind want to go through the same grind you have to go through on your main. It is not meant for alts to have any sense of accomplishments hence why they made most of them account wide.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about the gear that drops being completely useless :S wish you could merge 20 of them to get a 535 item >.<

I wish theyd go back to good old ilvl model from vanilla and tbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I wish theyd go to good old ilvl model from vanilla and tbc.
    what ever happened to gearscore..i can remember it being all the rage in wotlk for some reason 0o

the items are fine, but i think they shoudlve been Rare rather than epic. I mean i have about 7-9 of each and I havent even done the turtle/chest hunting too much

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    what ever happened to gearscore..i can remember it being all the rage in wotlk for some reason 0o
    I preferred the E.P.E.E.N. addon.

it drops 496 gear......for horde it actually easier to farm honor for 496

Not talking bout gearscore itself (which was retarded side-product). Talking more about small ilvl differences in tiers. The current ilvl jumps are just absurd and as retarded as gear score. The gear trade mill does not make me even want to do HCs... what for? Very soon HC gear will be just tiny bit better than loot pinata LFR one.
    All it is now is ilvl that matters (kind of same shit as gear score was to begin with). In vanilla you had guilds doing all tiers of content: 5-10man dungeons which were fun to do even in better gear, MC/BWL/AQ/ZG/NAXX and in TBC you had tons of Kara and t5/t6 guilds as well. Now its skip it all... focus on new tier only and the more super power sayan 2911 ilvl gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post

The Cataclysm HoT heroics dropped 378 gear. Dragon Soul dropped 397.
    Now that's fucking catch up. Couple with valor gear that doesn't exist this patch it was REAL gearing not this bullshit they call catch up. The TI gear may as well be lvl 60 blues and greens.

I don't see the big deal... It's a pretty rng-based catch-up mechanic, unless you want to grind away 5k coins at a pop for the cache. I've hauled 3 90's over to the island so far, one of which can't actually use anything dropped there aside from the buffed 535s (I have 1 of these) or the higher tier stuff dropped by celestials (I have none of these). While I have gotten some gear my alts can use, I've also gotten a lot of the same things (dear blizz, stop with the mail belts, thanks).

While the place is a tremendously obvious GW2 ripoff, I find it quite enjoyable so far. Once the crowding dies down a bit (which is by far the worst element of it), it will be a pretty fun place, and a step in the right direction for a portion of upcoming content.

Timeless Isle doesn't need to stay interesting for a year.

This is an awesome way to gear my alts without the rep crap - and I refuse to do any rep on an alt again. Which I haven't - I've got two level 90 alts (so three level 90s total) and neither alt is geared in any way. I do not play them. I do not enjoy them. Timeless Isle might just change that, and that's huge. That's "Maybe I won't quit wow at the end of MOP after all" huge.

I don't need you or anybody else to nod approval at an epic drop I get and stick on an alt. Have you actually made any of them yet? They suck - 496 ilvl, no gem slots. OH NOES AN ALT GOT A BAD EPIC THE SKY IS FALLING. Not. If they weren't BOA they'd be vendor trash, might as well just drop gold instead. At least this way they found a way to make me actually happy to see inferior gear dropping from mobs I've killed or chests I've looted. Very smart of them, actually.

It was the rage prior to ilvl being a visible stat on gear / characters. So while it thankfully died, the community's hilarious approach to group requirements for it have not.