10+ Year Old Account

Any way to copy the new patch to another computer?

So, being the responsible raider that I am, I had the latest patch fully downloaded before the servers came back up from maintenance. My casual little brother still can't even play, and he's getting an astoundingly low ~2 kB/s download speed using the blizzard launcher. Is there a way I can copy the update files over to him? Where would they be stored? Unfortunately, we don't have a portable device large enough to simply copy the entire WoW install over.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I would normally would say updating would be the best way, you could copy your wow folder, have him have a copy of his WTF and interface folder to another safe place,delete his wow then put your copy of it and then delete the interface/wtf folder and put his in there might work.

Though gl trying to log in right now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Open your the Data folder, as well as any other folders within the Data folder, from your wow directory. Change your folder view to Details. Copy each file with data modified 9/10/2013 to a flash drive or send it through your network. Then paste those files in the same directories. I don't guarantee that this will work, but it should.

Go into wow launcher's settings and check/uncheck peer to peer transfer. it should skyrocket the dl speed.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Open your the Data folder, as well as any other folders within the Data folder, from your wow directory. Change your folder view to Details. Copy each file with data modified 9/10/2013 to a flash drive or send it through your network. Then paste those files in the same directories. I don't guarantee that this will work, but it should.
    Thanks, this didn't quite complete the process, but the ~10kB it had left to do afterwards didn't take very long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Go into wow launcher's settings and check/uncheck peer to peer transfer. it should skyrocket the dl speed.
    Confirmed, this helped too.