Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Can you speak to the Warchief to ask what next, like what we did with Varian in SoO

Hey, as the title says, I was just wondering, because I haven't seen anything and i searched quiet a while now.

Deleted
    We have one picture from Thrall:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    snip
    Wow...so it kinda like Lor'themar, didn't want to take the responsibility but needed to.
    Well let's hope in 5.5 Vol'jin will make some good...choices.

Weak. Not only was Thrall told that Garrosh would start a war (by both Vol'jin and Cairne), he didn't lift a finger to stop it when everything went to hell. And all we get is 'oops, my bad'.

"But I think that will make him a better leader"

Thrall should probably hold off his judgement on anyone being a Warchief from now 'till eternity after this huge mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is kinda...stupid. I mean first he says, hey you bring the horde to it former glory, then he wants peace, then he wants to sit a while just so everything go to chaos, then just say, ooooh...my bad, let's make Vol'jin the warchief, because well I can't f anything up more right?

I just hope Vol'jin is a good choice...

Deleted
    So although Vol'jin is the lead, only Thrall gets a line. Doesn't that just say everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    So although Vol'jin is the lead, only Thrall gets a line. Doesn't that just say everything.
    I don't care what the devs tell us with this cinematic. Thrall is still the strongest presence in the horde, and in a way, that is always going to undermine Vol'jins rule of it.. which i'm glad for.

I mean seriously, can you honestly expect to see Vol'jin, talking down to Thrall, if Thrall makes a decision vol'jin disagrees with?

This reversal of roles in this story is just so bullshit. They reverse the roles between vol'jin and thrall, they reverse the roles between jaina and varian, its pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-09-13 at 10:46 AM.
    #boycottchina

What did the other horde leaders say?
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't care what the devs tell us with this cinematic. Thrall is still the strongest presence in the horde, and in a way, that is always going to undermine Vol'jins rule of it.. which i'm glad for.

I mean seriously, can you honestly expect to see Vol'jin, talking down to Thrall, if Thrall makes a decision vol'jin disagrees with?

This reversal of roles in this story is just so bullshit. They reverse the roles between vol'jin and thrall, they reverse the roles between jaina and varian, its pretty obvious.
    I can't, Vol'jin is kinda...well i wanan see him fight. I really never have seen Vol'jin fight, and i can't recall that he has. In the book i heard he does, but visually we never seen him fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I do find it comical. Theres vol'jin in the cinematic saying "I speak for dah 'orde" (yeah, get use to being called the 'orde from now on), and yet when its all over with, its Thrall you speak to horde side, much like how you speak to Varian alliance side.

Call vol'jin whatever you want, he's no warchief.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Actually I do find it comical. Theres vol'jin in the cinematic saying "I speak for dah 'orde" (yeah, get use to being called the 'orde from now on), and yet when its all over with, its Thrall you speak to horde side, much like how you speak to Varian alliance side.

Call vol'jin whatever you want, he's no warchief.

He's the Vol'chief :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    I can't, Vol'jin is kinda...well i wanan see him fight. I really never have seen Vol'jin fight, and i can't recall that he has. In the book i heard he does, but visually we never seen him fight.
    thats.. actually a good point.. I'm seriously thinking right now, but I honestly cannot think of a moment I recall Vol'jin fighting anyone, even in a one on one.

I can think of when Rexxar fought against elementals in orgrimmar. I can think of how many battles saurfang has fought. Hell, I can even recall gallywix fighting, obviously against Thrall, and in his robot, but still, he did fight.

Vol'jin... I got nothin. I mean he uses a lot of words, but when it comes to actually fighting anymore.. ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    [/B]

He's the Vol'chief :P
    "vol'chief of the 'orde" (what have we been reduced to..)
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    But still...Vol'jin hasn't proven that he is a vol'chief and i think blizzard got this maybe under control, but still...they could atleast say Vol'jin, you gotta compete to be a warchief. Because they could of elected people. wouldn't that be cool, we can elect Vol'jin, or Rexxar, Garrosh if we wanna fuck up everything, Thrall. I think that Guild Wars 2 made a great way to elect people, now it was a long time i played, but i liked that idea.
    Oh well...

"vol'chief of the 'orde" (what have we been reduced to..)
    We ain't want no war wit te alliance. We just wanna smoke dat sweet ganja.

BAINE pass de pipe
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    That's weak.

So alliance gets to declare peace on one hand then proclaim to the player "oh don't worry we're going off to re-conquer Gilneas".
    Where do we go from here? Nowhere, just the Alliance's vassal state now. If we step out of line we will be "ended".

Interesting picture. Based on that and the video, I think it's got more to do with Thrall's unwillingness to take back the responsibility, than thinking Vol'jin's going to benefit from not wanting it. I think everyone else knows Thrall's the only true Warchief, but he doesn't think he's worthy to take it back after this mistake. So now we've got the only true leader bowing down, by choice, to an inferior and reluctant leader, who happens to have bad grammar. What a mess we're in.

Deleted
    Vol'jin's only fight I ever can think of is killing that Naga princess at the end of questing line in trolls starting zone.
    It is weak, anyway. Just hunter-like, and yeah, Vol'jin is not a warchief, he is not a fighter at all imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Interesting picture. Based on that and the video, I think it's got more to do with Thrall's unwillingness to take back the responsibility, than thinking Vol'jin's going to benefit from not wanting it. I think everyone else knows Thrall's the only true Warchief, but he doesn't think he's worthy to take it back after this mistake. So now we've got the only true leader bowing down, by choice, to an inferior and reluctant leader, who happens to have bad grammar. What a mess we're in.
    tell me about it.

Its funny, before Garrosh fell, the alliance were moaning about everything, but there faction is solid, with leaders in the right place and with a clear idea of themselves.
    The horde, it was regarded that because of Garrosh is was fragmented and falling apart, but in this resolution, its very clear.. its still fragmented, its a complete mess of an ending for horde.
    its like having batman declaring robin the main hero of the comics now, well batman stands in the background looking brooding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by malotka View Post
    Vol'jin's only fight I ever can think of is killing that Naga princess at the end of questing line in trolls starting zone.
    It is weak, anyway. Just hunter-like, and yeah, Vol'jin is not a warchief, he is not a fighter at all imo.
    exactly.

Nearly every other faction leader has fought against someone and shown the prowess, Thrall obviously fought many battles, Sylvanas in her battles in WC3, undercity, in icc and all over. Lor'themar fought some on the isle of thunder and in the manga stories about him. Baine fought against the grimtotem to retake thunderbluff from magatha, and even gallywix fought, for himself obviously, but showed he's not afraid to get his hands dirty.

Vol'jins done nothing to be worthy of this, so he started a rebellion, it was other people fighting on the front line, god, even Chen stormstout did more fighting in vol'jins rebellion then he did -_-

- - - Updated - - -

I think if they spent some years developing vol'jin up in all the time he's been in the story, in a meaningful way, I'd believe he was capable of defending the horde. As it stands.. no, I don't think he's capable of doing anything significant for it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'Jin is a leader, he doesn't have to fight himself as long as he leads his people well. I don't see why his figthing skills or feats matter. Matter of fact is that without him the horde wouldn't exist anymore. So while Thrall created the horde he than abandoned it, but Vol'Jin is the one who kept it from crumbling afterwards. If it wasn't for him we'd see very1 impaled on the spikes in stormwind harbor like in that visions of time cinematic.