Would like to make enough gold to be "comfortable"

As the title says I'm not looking to break the gold cap multiple times, I just want to make enough gold to be able to supply myself with the enchants I need as well as some new gear without breaking the bank. I currently have around 26k on my 2 90s, and I just feel that isn't enough.

I'm just curious if anyone could help me with some suggestions that would help make some money.

I have access to a 600 JC, Miner, Enchanting, Tailoring and Alchemist. I'm not sure beyond selling ore really how to go about making money, any suggestions would be helpful.

The way I earned big cash back in the day was to do GDKP runs in ICC. Not sure if you can really do that anymore tho. I earned rougly 20-30k gold a week just raiding, since i did not require any gear, but was just there to help boost the group.

Deleted
    During Wrath and Cataclysm I made all my money with disenchanting and selling scrolls and all that stuff. I bought every single piece of ore from my Chinese friends. Really friendly people. Money talks. Everybody had something from the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Except actual nonchinese players who had no fun and no profit, and some of who quit the Game becase of things like that. Not judging or anything, did something similair myself.

OT: to be *comfortable* you do not actually have to make much gold, but instead may come up with methods to preserve some of it. For Exampe, you need to enhance your Belt Items with Blacksmithing which you lack. You can search your Guild Members' Professions who has blacksmithing and get it from them. You could also ask in trade chat for a while until you find some nolifers always on players with Blacksmithing which you can add friends as battletag and then buy cheap from them instead of overprized AH.
    The Example was for belt enhancements but you can do it like that with all craftable Itemss.
    How much is enough depends on the person. I really don't spend any gold except on large purchases. I have over 600k right now but am planning on blowing around 250k this week on an achievement run in Ogrimmar. For me around 500k is what I need to feel comfortable to buy something large and still have a good chunk in the bank.

If you're just looking to have enough that you'll never have to worry about gemmin/enchanting then what you have is plenty. If you want to make a little each day and just let it save up you should just make your alch a trans master and mine enough each day to be able to do his living steel transmute. If you don't get a proc and just have 1 bar that's still around 400 - 500 gold a day for about 10 min worth of mining.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Hello,
    Making enough is not a normal thing everybody is having this dream....
    If you are dedicated enough it's not difficult to make enough money.
    My goal was to reach 1 million from basically having nothing to start with, now I have close to a million a Swift Spectral Tiger and a Magic Rooster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaul5895 View Post
    As the title says I'm not looking to break the gold cap multiple times, I just want to make enough gold to be able to supply myself with the enchants I need as well as some new gear without breaking the bank. I currently have around 26k on my 2 90s, and I just feel that isn't enough.

I'm just curious if anyone could help me with some suggestions that would help make some money.

I have access to a 600 JC, Miner, Enchanting, Tailoring and Alchemist. I'm not sure beyond selling ore really how to go about making money, any suggestions would be helpful.
    Personally I'm a dailies nut, it's an easy 15k+ a week for about an hour - hour and halfs work :P

By this I mean clearing all dailies in all the pandaria zones + isle of thunder. Also you'll get a load of cloth and drops out of it, usually get the mrs to de all the drops for me to sell or use the mats and as my toon has tailoring, I just make up a load of the higher end cloths with my cd each day, make bags and sell those too (royal satchel).

Not a lot of people like dailies like me though rofl so I don't recommend this as the best way to make gold but it's definitely the most reliable.

JC: prospect ore. Cut rare gems. Send green gems to Alcemist (which I hope is a transmute spec, if not, make it so). Any left over greens send back to JC. Make rings; send rings to Enchanter.
    Miner: farm ore while out and about killing stuff. Make bars to send to Alchemist.
    Enchanting: DE rings from JC. DE crappy cloth items from tailor. Make enchants or sell raw mats.
    Tailoring: Do the daily cloth. Make royal satchels for yourself or to sell. Extra cloth make crappy greens to send to Enchanter.
    Alchemist: daily living steel transmute. Check AH for price of golden lotus vs cut rare gems. If you can buy golden lotus cheaper than cut rare gems, buy golden lotus and use golden lotus plus green gems to transmute into rare gems. Send rare gems back to JC to cut.
    Last edited by Marema; 2013-10-10 at 03:31 PM.

The best way I've learned to make gold is to kill the rare's in Townlong Stepps (especially with an enchanter). Warbringer's & Warscouts are also a great way. If you farm all of those, you'll have no problem making dat gold

If you have access to an enchanter, you shouldn't really be hurting for enchanting mats. I'm not sure I see a problem for OP here; he's got money in he bank and unless he's just not looting (or never doing anything apart from raiding), then he should disenchanting enough green drops to sustain enchants on gear upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylinaa View Post
    The best way I've learned to make gold is to kill the rare's in Townlong Stepps (especially with an enchanter). Warbringer's & Warscouts are also a great way. If you farm all of those, you'll have no problem making dat gold
    yes...Yes.. this is what i have been doing it since

Deleted
    Making gold is not an issue, not spending it is!

So cover all proffs and never pay a dime for anything anymore! (except herbs/ore, farming is boring!)

I'd like to get somewhere between 3-500k to feel comfortable. I'll have to start farming ore and prospecting and xmuting.

Quote Originally Posted by kansas311 View Post
    If you don't get a proc and just have 1 bar that's still around 400 - 500 gold a day for about 10 min worth of mining.
    Where can you farm 120 Ghost iron in 10 min? It usually takes me around 30 min to do it in Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylinaa View Post
    How hard are these mobs, I have a warrior (arms/prot) and a mage that I could farm with.

lol i got 1k since like 2 addons. i feel so poor sometimes.

Make use of a good crafting addon. I don't know if it still relevant as it has been a long time since i last played, but trade skill master is an amazing addon which you can make a fortune off even with a basic understanding of it.

First you scan the AH and build up a list of prices on items

Then you see which items you can craft which have a good profit margin

You buy the mats craft and sell said items.

It has shopping list modules to auto buy the materials you need, quick crafting buttons for when you gotta spam huge sets of items/scrolls and it scans cancels and re-posts auctions also. Hugely powerful tool

If you have several professions you can make a fortune, with alchemy, tailoring, jewelcrafting,enchanting and inscription i made 500k in a couple of months. Once you get the addon setup and are used to it you literally need to spend just 20-30 mins a day to do a quick scan of ah, auto buy materials craft them and list the entire lot. If you are on a while and regularly undercut your competition you can make money all day long without issue.

I just played the AH this way casually and as i said i accrued 500k in a couple of months and i used to spend a fortune on consumables and funding my alts (I had 7 active chars all at high ilvls with enchants/gems consumables)

10+ Year Old Account
    Really simple. Pick, A or B, and then proceed to # 1 through 10.

A. Mine a bunch of Ghost Iron / Kyparite
    B. Buy a bunch of Ghost Iron / Kyparite (I don't pay more than 4g/ore)
    (By a bunch, I mean 50 stacks or more)

1. Prospect the Ghost Iron / Kyparite. End up with lots of green level gems and some blue level gems.
    2. Buy a bunch of golden lotus off the AH (I don't pay more than 60g each) or use your farm.
    3. Use your farm every day to collect motes of harmony or golden lotus.
    4. Send your golden lotus and green level gems to your alchemist (hopefully transmute master) and make blue level gems.
    5. Use the blue level gems to transmute, and/or use spirits of harmony + green level gems to make primal diamonds.
    6. Cut the blue level gems into well selling cuts (Brilliant, Smooth, Purified, Reckless, Adept, etc).
    7. Cut the primal diamonds into well selling cuts (Reverberating, Austere, Burning, etc)
    8. Sell cut gems.
    9. ????
    10. Profit!

I do this on my server and have made oodles of money. Currently sitting at 140k cash, with over 1million gold made from auctions (since WotLK though).

If you want the most $/time invested, don't farm the ore yourself, just buy it.

Just don't waste your gold. You say you have 25k and your own enchanter/JC/tailor, so gearing costs you next to nothing. I don't see the problem. Just don't waste gold on stupid stuff like boe epics and sandstone drakes. If you like those things and you buy them with all the gold you have, you deserve to feel poor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    B. Buy a bunch of Ghost Iron / Kyparite (I don't pay more than 4g/ore)
    (By a bunch, I mean 50 stacks or more)
    only 4g/ore?
    then you are nuts my dear friend i sell my ore stacks for 300g each because
    LOW POP SERVER! and its like this "hmm lets see there are no ores on the AH lets put them out for terribly overpriced and see if any1 buys" AND THEY STILL DO! sold cheese loads of ore stacks for 300g each =P

People talk a lot about doing the ore shuffle. If I don't have hours to spend on the game staring at the AH is that still a viable way to make gold? What price is Ghost Iron no longer profitable if I do the shuffle? Most of the time it's 80-100g/stack on my server.

I have this fear that I'll spend all my gold on Ore and not make any money back. Is that irrational? lol

Deleted
    Currently sitting on 40k Gold, get a 5k a week (not loads but it requires little effort) by mining trillium, semlting the ore, send to Alchemist, transmute to living steel and then sell the buckles. Also i sell the exces ghost iron i farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    only 4g/ore?
    then you are nuts my dear friend i sell my ore stacks for 300g each because
    LOW POP SERVER! and its like this "hmm lets see there are no ores on the AH lets put them out for terribly overpriced and see if any1 buys" AND THEY STILL DO! sold cheese loads of ore stacks for 300g each =P
    Eh? I don't sell ore o.O I buy ore for cheap. Also I am on a low pop server too.