Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Another Hotfix Destro Buff Incoming . . .

This is buried in the 5.4 thread. Thought it deserved some visibility since there's been so much negative talk about Destro.

They're going to hotfix in more embers generation to Incinerate and Conflag . . .

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 19m
    Re: Destro. We're going to hotfix an increase to Incinerate and Conflag chance to produce embers.

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 22m
    Re: Destro. We wanted to monitor the situation, but agree the rotation feels a little too slow at the moment. Obviously this buff DPS too.
    Obviously we'll want to see the numbers, but good news none-the-less to Destro lovers.

EDIT: Thought I'd list all the recent hotfixes since launch

Incinerate +10%

Incinerate +5%

Fel Flame +100% mana cost

Incinerate/Conflag - (Incoming hotfix) increased chance to generate burning emberbits
    Last edited by jason1975; 2013-09-13 at 09:27 PM.

Yeah good news for destro lovers. I wouldn't mind playing destro here and there myself.

That was pretty much obvious at PTR, Blizzard really have a problem for balacing some thing.

Really makes you wonder what the hell Bliz does in terms of 'testing'. RoF nerf -> months of dead silence -> seemingly random/thoughtless buffs (CB, incin, incin), and now a week into Live, 'oh, maybe destro does feel too slow'. Whatever the reasons are that their QA department is fail and that dev understanding of spec nuances is abysmal, there is simply no excuse to be this bad/slow at balancing with 4M+ x $15/mo rolling in. Man up and hire extra people if you have to, that's not our problem.

Bliz really does deserve a lot of the bitching that they get.

Deleted
    Blizzard do want to hire, the problem is recruitment you dont just hire anyone and say "here you're incharge of X class balance go" you need a proven history of knowledge and understanding to be a balance team member

Deleted
    Would this mean it'll be useful again?

if incinerate have > chance to generate burning emberbits , i HOPE fel flame's mana cost will be lowered... now is a absurb nerf for destruction and demonology PVP side...

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Warlocks
    Destruction
    Conflagrate now has a 15% chance to generate an additional Burning Ember.
    Incinerate now has a 15% chance to generate an additional Burning Ember.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/268613-54-hotfixes-september-13/

There you go. However do they REALLY mean Burning Embers? Or Ember Bits?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why, but I feel like I do better with affliction build (9800 haste > mastery > crit) than I do going mastery > crit > haste :c

Deleted
    A very welcome ember regeneration buff, I hope it'll be enough to make ember feel like energy again , not like a 20 second cooldown
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2013-09-14 at 04:15 AM.

Did this get implemented already or am I waiting for a restart?

Either way, very excited - my Demo spec hasn't seen any action this patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still won't be enough. Demo/affliction will scale much better than destro, once again it's just a band-aid fix and blizzard won't fool me with these little 5-10% buffs to a spell.
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

with this little buff to ember generation and incinerate damage... fel flame need a reduction to mana cost.

Deleted
    Time to spend hours and hours to verify those " words ".... you have 15 % chance to find out a devs' lie.

Deleted
    it's already live, checked my ember bits, sometimes get 2 bits on conflag/incin non crits

Quote Originally Posted by Sothis View Post
    it's already live, checked my ember bits, sometimes get 2 bits on conflag/incin non crits
    and no re-tune fel flame's mana cost

edit: yes is live, sometime incinerate/conflagrate crit give me 3 emberbits, and incinerate/conflagrate NO crit give me sometime 2 emberbits.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-09-14 at 09:15 AM.

Isnt this pretty low? 200 Incinerates and 40 Conflagrates give you 3.6 Emberbits. Its pretty much nothing compared to the old rain of fire. But atleast it will help to get us enough embers to maintain fnb usage on smaller trash packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Isnt this pretty low? 200 Incinerates and 40 Conflagrates give you 3.6 Emberbits. Its pretty much nothing compared to the old rain of fire. But atleast it will help to get us enough embers to maintain fnb usage on smaller trash packs.
    Yes is very low