Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Droprate seems to be around 1% - with that in mind, I wouldn't talk about "worst luck ever" after just 46 kills.
    The 1% droprate is likely skewed by the fact that it's much less likely to drop after the first kill each day.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    It finally dropped.

Take my advice, don't do this achievement.

geez man I hate that rain stone too, no secret reward? brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    So I am on kill #46 for Houlon. There is something seriously wrong, when nearly everyone I know has the mount and has gotten it on their 10th and below kill. I am farming this rare with 2 toons, also. I know RNG is RNG, but my luck has to be the worst ever.
    5 toons, multiple kills a day, been doing it since day one, no mount....someone kill me.

Deleted
    No secret reward, no anything. Ten achievement points. I feel hollow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    No secret reward, no anything. Ten achievement points. I feel hollow.
    I have been sitting on the island around 15 hours a day since 5.4 hit.
    Missing Houlon's mount and Jadefire's pet for exactly 1 week now.
    I even don't join Celestials/Ordos groups cause I fear I might miss the spawn...
    Refusing to do pvp cap, or weekly Ulduar/ICC runs.
    Houlon's been killed around 300 times, Jadefire around 250.

Want to kill myself.

Gayia: took me 82 kills for mount, ironically in next couple of kills (5-6 I'd say) I got another 2 drop ...
    But yeah, this achivment is pathetic, stuck on warning sign + rainstone + bufo's pet for 3 days. Killing them all day long to no avail (even people around either cba replying or also get no drops).

I'm the type of person that the Huolon farmers hate.

Run by his spawn point exploring and see a huge group of people. (US-Sargeras...LOTS of people)

/s "Why is everyone hanging out here?
    /reply "Huolon spawn"
    /s "Who?"

Huolon spawns almost immediately and dies in about 15 seconds, I loot a mount. O__O!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    It finally dropped.

Take my advice, don't do this achievement.
    My turn now
    Just need that god damn rain stone.

Quote Originally Posted by gayia View Post
    I have been sitting on the island around 15 hours a day since 5.4 hit.
    Missing Houlon's mount and Jadefire's pet for exactly 1 week now.
    I even don't join Celestials/Ordos groups cause I fear I might miss the spawn...
    Refusing to do pvp cap, or weekly Ulduar/ICC runs.
    Houlon's been killed around 300 times, Jadefire around 250.

Want to kill myself.
    oh man you make my 60~ something kills feel not that bad in comparison.

Deleted
    second kill. it's definitely not 1%, look how many here get it on their first kills. seems more like you've got a 1% chance to be one of the unlucky souls farming it with no luck.

Is there a better chance to get the mount if you kill Houlon in a smaller group maybe? I killed him in large groups and the mount never dropped, then I killed him in a small group early in the morning and it dropped for me.

Got Huolon's mount just now on the fourth or fifth tagged kill of the day. While his coin amount drops drastically after the first kill and stayed down, like with Evermaw and Dreadship Vazuvius, the mount % might not move at all.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
    Is there a better chance to get the mount if you kill Houlon in a smaller group maybe? I killed him in large groups and the mount never dropped, then I killed him in a small group early in the morning and it dropped for me.
    I wasn't in any group and it finally dropped for me the other day. Took about 50+ kills of Houlon for me.

I've killed it solo a couple times on first day with no luck on mount, now I just kill it 1-2 times a day and still nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am up to 160 kills and still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    My turn now
    Just need that god damn rain stone.
    Annd I just got it! GG

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    I am up to 160 kills and still nothing.
    I feel your pain. I've killed him about 200 times now spread across a few times since some realms have him spawning like 10 minutes later than others so I can get in a back to back kill.

Just returned to WoW about two weeks ago and I'm up to about 60 kills on him so far. No mount yet. It makes me cringe when people link it in general after a kill. >.>

Guys, the first daily kill only affects timeless items. Such as armors, rings, burdens, etc. Meaning you can only obtain/loot those items on your first kill of that rare for the day. It has no effect on vanity items.