Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    May i ask why are you STILL doing ToT LFR?

Spend this week farming on timeless isle / doing proving grounds.

SoO LFR opens next reset
    I'm still doing ToT LFR as well Reason 1: I need to gear my off off spec for my druid (just because), 2: Look at my sig they need hawt lewts too
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this seriously a thread? Lmao.

This has happened since LFR was released in cata. When new content out, hardly anyone will que into older content. It's just how it is, you will see people que in for weapon drops and tier set bonus drops. That's about it, just like the previous tier raids. This isn't "blizzard trying to kill" anything, this what happens when a consumer is shown new content/product...they instantly grab on to the new one and then later on they might look back on the older ones, for many reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

I think it's a combination of people not feeling comfortable with their alts specs, people queuing heals for the bag and not knowing how to heal, "prior teir is faceroll now" attitude.

I will confess I got almost every 496 for my Druid from the isle and I jumped right into tot LFR as kitty, with a 435 weap, no gems or enchants, reformed to bear stat priorities, having 429 tank trinkets and not having 2 bits of idea on how to play kitty. Needless to say I wasn't too high on the meters.

a few people in my guild are behind on the legendary chain but none of them had any problems with tot lfr. The drop rates for secrets and runestones is damm high as well. I did flex and tot normal on my alt and got 12 secrets this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Really? They dropped it like a hot potato the day after 5.4 came out.

Kind of anecdotal that they like the loot it drops but not lfr itself.

They dropped ToT LFR . Which has been out for 6 months. For new content. Guess what, lots of ppl will run SoO LFr when the first wing drops next week.

OP - come on, think for a moment. People are obviously going to go do new content in preference to old content they've done a million times.

I agree that the isle drops have screwed up ToT, I tryed doing 2nd part today on my tank and it was just the biggest mess i ever seen.
    The healers clearly had no clue how to heal and dps dident know how to interupt the trash bats so wipe on them about 4 times befor it was cleared..
    Then on to the boss healers still dident heal us tanks at all barly adn the dps was standing in everything pulling a woping 40-60k dps on AOE with only a good hunter at around 350k dps.

After we finelly got tortos down we moved on to the next trash still healers doing nothing and some smart ass ret pala thinks he's god and pulls EVERY single trash mob he could find guess how that went?
    So i just said "fuck this" and left and i really dont think im even gona try to keep going ToT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Tot lfr we had 16 people die at durumu a new record, BUT good news everybody, it's lfr we 9 manned the last 40% np.

i would say yes ToT lfr probably has more bads than ever in it.
    i wouldnt say thats anything really new.. most of my LFR Duru fights end with only like 9 or 10 people alive. and thats been the norm since after the first month. obviously the first month was just wipefests. i just did the last 3 bosses of LFR and it went really, really smooth despite the trolls best efforts in ruining it.

i dont think its the pit of despair. but ToT is more inline with MSV, HoF and ToES now, in terms of participation. still wish we had a random LFR option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

This happened in cataclysm, this happened with wrath, and to an extent with TBC.

You must be new to this game. The last patch of any raid content tier for the expansion has always made catch-up easier in some way shape or form. TBC brought the new 5 man which wasn't exactly easy, but none of the dungeons in TBC were what we call easy to nowadays dungeons. Karazhan was nerfed to the ground as well.

Wrath had the icc 5 mans. Once you were able to do them, it was a matter of time spent & drops that got you into icc 10m and 25m and so on.

Cataclysm brought the 3 new 5 mans as well as LFR.

And here we have timeless. This should not come to a surprise to anyone honestly. If it is, this must be your first expansion experience with blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    This happened in cataclysm, this happened with wrath, and to an extent with TBC.

You must be new to this game. The last patch of any raid content tier for the expansion has always made catch-up easier in some way shape or form. TBC brought the new 5 man which wasn't exactly easy, but none of the dungeons in TBC were what we call easy to nowadays dungeons. Karazhan was nerfed to the ground as well.

Wrath had the icc 5 mans. Once you were able to do them, it was a matter of time spent & drops that got you into icc 10m and 25m and so on.

Cataclysm brought the 3 new 5 mans as well as LFR.

And here we have timeless. This should not come to a surprise to anyone honestly. If it is, this must be your first expansion experience with blizzard.
    TBC also introduced badges with which you bought T6 level gear. LK brought not only the ICC 5 mans but badges that bought you T9 gear. Cata had stupidly easy 5 mans. Now we have free BoA 496 gear. The only reason to run the prior tier, especially in LFR, is for VP or some other reason (i.e. stuff needed for legendary).

And come on... ToT LFR is *six months old*. I get that people might have alts etc that can use it but the VAST majority of people don't need anything from ToT LFR. They'll wait for SoO LFR and run that as it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    TBC also introduced badges with which you bought T6 level gear. LK brought not only the ICC 5 mans but badges that bought you T9 gear. Cata had stupidly easy 5 mans. Now we have free BoA 496 gear. The only reason to run the prior tier, especially in LFR, is for VP or some other reason (i.e. stuff needed for legendary).

And come on... ToT LFR is *six months old*. I get that people might have alts etc that can use it but the VAST majority of people don't need anything from ToT LFR. They'll wait for SoO LFR and run that as it opens.
    I'm not saying its the exact same thing word for word, but its the same concept. As I said earlier, if this surprises you, then honestly you just might be new. I will agree though that you can acquire a full set of 496's with a little luck and very little time/effort. Literally all I did on my paladin was run around, tag a few rares and pick every chest up I saw and had quite a few 496's. I still haven't done it with my shaman, lock, or monk.

Thats all I'm saying, just isn't really new, the idea is there, exact's are new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I'm not saying its the exact same thing word for word, but its the same concept. As I said earlier, if this surprises you, then honestly you just might be new. I will agree though that you can acquire a full set of 496's with a little luck and very little time/effort. Literally all I did on my paladin was run around, tag a few rares and pick every chest up I saw and had quite a few 496's. I still haven't done it with my shaman, lock, or monk.

Thats all I'm saying, just isn't really new, the idea is there, exact's are new.
    Right. I'm agreeing with you - this isn't new and it's fine. People who are outraged that ToT LFR is getting fewer people who know what they're doing simply need to remind themselves that it's 5-6 month old content and that, given the choice between doing new things or old, boring things, most people will unsurprisingly pick the new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToT LFR got a 20% nerf debuff applied and shit is dying way faster and seems way easier so far this week.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    ToT LFR got a 20% nerf debuff applied and shit is dying way faster and seems way easier so far this week.
    I haven't seen debuffs on any mobs in ToT LFR. Pretty sure LFR was not nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All enemies in Throne of Thunder now have a debuff called Shado-Pan Onslaught, which reduces their health and damage by 20%.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cial-PTR-Notes

Lack of specification leads me to believe it encompasses all difficulties, may not be the case, but given the speeds we've downed bosses. Ji'Khun downed quite a few nests early, Horridon was a piece of piss, hell, the groups I've done Lei Shen with haven't even bothered assigning quadrants and just "going to the corner that looks a bit empty".

It's not the Isle that killed ToT LFR. It's the fact that with new content out, Normal/Heroic geared raiders who used to carry LFR groups have no more reason to queue for it. So it's chock full of less geared/less competent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    Or the fact some of us have spent an entire patch trying to get the 4 piece tier bonus, while being snubbed week in and week out.
    heh, I gave up on that. Ironically, while just trying to get rid of the last of my mogu runes of fate I finally got piece 4/5 yesterday.

Yep, I'll confirm groups are terrible.

Was doing ToT LFR yesterday just for legendary quest drops on an alt. My group hit enrage on Jin Rokh because the dps was so poor. Average dps was 63K. I was the only one in the raid doing above 100K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Gemming and enchanting barely affects DPS actually. The difference is less than 10%. The problem isn't that.
    On the other side, I have to agree. I tried to do LFR on few of my alts, but gave up for now. But with time the attitude of LFR runs might change, and make it less of a disaster.

EDIT:
    Doing it primarily for VP and gold. As it is one of the better sources.
    You say "barely" and "10%" in the same post. Insane stuff. Gemming and enchanting do impact performance. Quick experiment. Try to app to any decently progressed guild without gems and enchants and see how fast they laugh at you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    If SoO LFR still have that 490 ilvl req. i fear how it will go.

Edit: yes, i realize that majority of LFR raiders are just shit but now it's even easier to bring your "i have zero clue how to play that alt i just fed with isle epics"-toons in.
    I can tell ya...Dint kill any boss in PTR with ppl who was with 4pts tr16 there gear was downed to 496
    Anyway its normal now to see such bad players just like pervious LFR.The good players just do normal who becomes inasane easy we just kill Ji`kun starting ignoring nests after number 2 with group where average gear was around 515- 520

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatryxx View Post
    It's not the Isle that killed ToT LFR. It's the fact that with new content out, Normal/Heroic geared raiders who used to carry LFR groups have no more reason to queue for it. So it's chock full of less geared/less competent people.
    Pretty much, without at least a few good players lfr wouldn't be able to kill any bosses. I did one for proving grounds gear on my main healer and lei shen went up to 3 lvl3 pillars with everyone doing 40k dps its pretty sad how blizzard think this is helping the game.