Resto druids, Timeless Isle, and off spec

My healie druid has been balance in her off spec for a while. It's okay - or rather, I'm okay with it, since I suspect the big limiting factor on my balance performance is the lump between keyboard and chair rather than the spec itself. But I feel squishier than I'd like while poking around on the Timeless Isle. Does anyone have thoughts about how that goes doing it in guardian, or perhaps feral, as compared to balance?

I should add that I've got a chronic health issue that makes a bunch of symptoms, including the kind of stiffness you'd get from severe arthritis. Optimizing my performance isn't really possible right now - instead, I'm looking at manageable rotations and good durability to make up for my weaknesses in game play.
    Last edited by Lasombria; 2013-09-13 at 01:55 PM.

IMO the best way to make this game easier is to either group up or do stuff you outgear. I died quite a lot on my rogue on the timeless isle so i suspect any dps spec can expect to die soloing stuff there.

To answer your question, yes Guardian would be easier and more durable than balance, but it would also be slower.

Personally my inclination would be to try and group up with people you see or in chat in your healing or boomkin spec. I grouped with a paladin tank and a healer in my boomkin off spec on patch day and it made farming the coins very fast and easy. You get the same coins whether you solo it or if a group of 4 kill it so a group is always going to be faster/easier/more efficient.

Definitely, grouping up is a rewarding way to go when it's available. Thanks for the reminder.

Update: I tabbed over from browser to WoW...and there was someone forming up a group. So I volunteered to heal. Wow. Amazingly productive and fun to boot. This is my way to do it, clearly.
    Last edited by Lasombria; 2013-09-13 at 04:35 PM.

I've had the best results when grouped up and chasing rare spawns. A healer is very helpful on a lot of the rares (ghost ship especially), and there will probably be enough DPS around to ensure that things actually die anyway. You don't even need to be in a group; just moonfire the mobs and then proceed to heal people who need it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Elanas! I would highly recommend that you stay resto and just get into groups that are farming what you need. I too play a resto druid, and find that farming groups will fight over a good healer, and then will usually treat you well for keeping them up. If you want to solo I would go for the elite turtles, you can easily kite them and just moonfire spam them down. Yes it takes longer, but it works.

Yes, moonkins are extremely squishy now with the 5.4 nerf to us.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

I love getting confirmation from multiple folks. And I have indeed been finding the "healer looking for a farm group to join" a good path to success, often with fun chat along the way.

Deleted
    Depends what you like.. Its not a bad idea to stick to resto and try to find a group and farm as a healer but you'll get too dependent on others and take from yourself that 'lone wolf exploring isle' part. Plus, damage on isle is quite spiky, you are or getting low normal damage which can be outhealed by any dps nowadays or you eat huge blow which is basically IK.

Anyway, I am playing all 4 druid specs and I find feral to be the best for farm, either solo or in group. You are pretty mobile, doing nice single target damage, able to do solid healing to yourself or your party..