Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Timeless Isle (5.4) = Most Fun I've Had All Expansion

Reputation - I've already grinded Emperor Shaohao to exalted and I loved the grind. Made around 170,000 timeless coins in the process.

Achievements - I honestly wish there was more of these and that things like Rolo's Riddle went more into depth because it wasn't much of a riddle. It basically gave you the area and the last part was painfully obvious. Zarhym's Body was a fun little break too but there needs to be more achievements.

Proving Grounds - I've been wishing and praising about a system like this ever since Cataclysm came out. The very fact that I saw a thread on the official forums about people having difficulty with Silver is mind boggling to me. Does it make me a bad person to require people to have gold in their specific role to come to my raids now?

Flex Raids - A bigger hit than I thought they would be. However, if you run them with a pug.. be warned.. headaches will ensue. If you run them with a guild or a coordinated group, then it's a pushover. I'm not a huge fan of the LFR loot system, but oh well, it's an extra gear up opportunity.

World PvP - The Bloody Coin farming is the most hilarious thing i've seen in this expansion so far. The rage that comes from General chat when people get killed is beyond hilarious, especially the people on PvP servers.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got bored after 2 days =/ now world pvp though that shit is funny as hell especially on my server which is Ma'ganis lol HORDE KILLING HORDE ON A PVP SERVER SAY IT ISN'T SO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, i can't manage to hit a rare boss with 154 millions health in time to get loot.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Proving Grounds - I've been wishing and praising about a system like this ever since Cataclysm came out. The very fact that I saw a thread on the official forums about people having difficulty with Silver is mind boggling to me. Does it make me a bad person to require people to have gold in their specific role to come to my raids now?
    Based on the fact on how completely Silver is by Blizzard considered to be "ready for normal" a little bit unless you are doing heroics which is impossible at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post

why would u require a none raid achievement from ppl to join raids? i sure as hell am not doing proving grounds i hate all stuff that decreases ur ilvl makes the whole idea of having good gear pointless they could have atleast chosen a decent ilvl to decrease to. barely bothered to drag my self thru challenge modes and only cos they atleast rewarded something other than an achievement

The isle is good but my only complaint is the Shaohao rep. I just got the quest today to reach honored and then I discovered how much of a grind that rep is. I seen that I was getting 10-20 rep per kill and I needed about 7.5k and just stopped. I don't know if I am missing some awesome method of grinding rep or not but it was just off putting.

Thinking about it today, I wish they had done more zone events in the Timeless Isle. The Ship for example could be so much more than just a boat that comes up and gets nuked to oblivion every hour. It could have been an open world scenario where Ship crashes on the shore, you need to kill X pirates, rescue X prisoners, disable X cannons and kill the captain. Events like that would be more engaging and I can only hope they reach that point in future.

How can u already be exalted lol?

Deleted
    I hate that its a patch with the liitlest "CONTENT" ever in 10 years....

What class do you play that you've grinded exalted already? Did you group or solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Bots and/or enough sugar to give a dinosaur diabeetus. I ground out honored in 2 days and that was approx 10 hours of "why the hell am I doing this?" I've since stopped and worked on opening chests on alts to get gear for all my alts.

Timeless isle is amazing for people with ADD. All the random shit to do and explore.

Deleted
    Timeless Isle is a griefing zone. Yes, it really is.

Killing your own faction is the turd upon this Isle.

Deleted
    i mindcontroll people on the rope all day and throw them to death :P

Ganking and counter-ganking on the isle has been a blast.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    i mindcontroll people on the rope all day and throw them to death :P
    best idea today thank you kind sir!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    How can u already be exalted lol?
    Yeah jesus christ. That's a LOT of farming.

OT: I do actually agree with you about Timeless Isle and how fun it is. The world pvp is hillarious. I haven't found people to be rude either, since you basically chose if you want to be tagged. I absolutely love this (and have been neglecting some homework I should have done :S)

Deleted
    The PVP against the other faction is fun and this is why I signed up for a PVP server.

But the PVP against own faction is simply stupid beyond words.

The frustration of a raid group killing your 2 man group when you are just farming rep and then they are being annoying about it..... I would like to meet the brain dead moron who implemented the own faction pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    why would u require a none raid achievement from ppl to join raids?
    The DPS one at least is important because it tests your ability to spot which adds are more dangerous, which can be interrupted, which should be stunned and how to prioritize as to avoid wiping the raid.

i sure as hell am not doing proving grounds i hate all stuff that decreases ur ilvl makes the whole idea of having good gear pointless
    The ilvl drop is the same reason as challenge and something you're clearly not interested in: proving you have skills that aren't tied to outgearing the enemy. That's all it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    The frustration of a raid group killing your 2 man group when you are just farming rep and then they are being annoying about it..... I would like to meet the brain dead moron who implemented the own faction pvp.
    So, exactly like being in the minority of a PVP server but General Chat spamming instead of just /spit /laugh /rude /flirt /spit(again) spamming? Sounds fine to me. That's why I moved to a PVE server.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-09-15 at 12:28 AM. Reason: avoiding double posting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The DPS one at least is important because it tests your ability to spot which adds are more dangerous, which can be interrupted, which should be stunned and how to prioritize as to avoid wiping the raid.

The ilvl drop is the same reason as challenge and something you're clearly not interested in: proving you have skills that aren't tied to outgearing the enemy. That's all it really is.

So, exactly like being in the minority of a PVP server but General Chat spamming instead of just /spit /laugh /rude /flirt /spit(again) spamming? Sounds fine to me. That's why I moved to a PVE server.
    Oh yes that makes it so much more reasonable.

-_-

I have heard it's barely any better on PvE servers btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I have heard it's barely any better on PvE servers btw.
    They can't attack you on PvE servers unless you've flagged yourself (for whatever reason) or attack them first. I've seen plenty of people using the Censer around the Blazing Way while I've been farming rep and have never seen them cause problems for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    This is factually wrong. Quit the game if you're so clearly sick of everything Blizzard does, because your, and the people like yourself's, negative attitudes are what is ruining this game.