alternate paths through SoO?

I know there was a thread on this earlier but I couldn't find it in the first few pages.

Our raid group hasn't made it past the first wing (yes, we suck compared to you world's firsters but we love each other and we're having fun).

One of the implied promises that Blizz made was that Siege would be less linear than the strings of circular rooms that were Tier 14 and Tier 15. The first 5 bosses have absolutely no alternate pathing possible. Does it open up later in the instance?

Deleted
    Its pretty much

Immerseus => panda daily quest giver NPC council => Norushen => Sha of Pride
    => Galakras => Juggernaut => Korkron Dark Shaman => Nazgrim => Malkorok
    => Spoils of Pandaria / Thok / Engineer (here you can chose which one you'll do first, but none is optional in order to unlock the last two bosses)
    => Klaxxi daily quest giver NPC council => Garrosh

Edit: just noticed that some SoO bosses are former quest givers... :O
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-09-15 at 02:05 PM.

Oh how tedious. No choice until you're 9 bosses in. Joy.

Try flex mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Try flex mode?
    Flex mode is easy for us. We're hoping for alternative paths in normal mode progression, which this raid is not well-designed with. Oh, well, at least it's not quite as terrible as Throne of Thunder. I realize that flex and LFR limit the amount of creativity you can have in raid design, but I can't believe that Blizzard doesn't have the creativity to at least figure out SOME way of opening the pathways.

I'd guess that heroic raiders would like choices in boss order as well, since it means you can alternate paths on farm modes to break up monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Its pretty much

Immerseus => panda daily quest giver NPC council => Norushen => Sha of Pride
    => Galakras => Juggernaut => Korkron Dark Shaman => Nazgrim => Malkorok
    => Spoils of Pandaria / Thok / Engineer (here you can chose which one you'll do first, but none is optional in order to unlock the last two bosses)
    => Klaxxi daily quest giver NPC council => Garrosh

Edit: just noticed that some SoO bosses are former quest givers... :O
    The only choice is between facing Siegecrafer first or Spoils first. You have to defeat Spoils to access Thok. Both Thok and Siegecrafter have to be defeated to access Paragons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    The only choice is between facing Siegecrafer first or Spoils first. You have to defeat Spoils to access Thok. Both Thok and Siegecrafter have to be defeated to access Paragons
    Is this really true? After having beaten Malkorok there were 3 doors. Left one is for Blackfuse, right one is for Spoils. We didn't try opening the middle one, but I'd expect it to lead to Thok?

Deleted
    Middle door leads you to Paragons and is only unlocked once you defeat Spoils Blacfuse, Thok. Thok is in a room behind the Spoils encounter