Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    The cloak in MoP actually takes a lot more work from individuals than any other legendary in the past. Wanted glaives? Wait for them to drop! Want the healing mace from Ulduar or Shadowmourne? Leadership just picks you! Want the FL staff or DS daggers? Same thing!

With the cloak you've got tons to collect 72 items from a raid, which can easily be compared to the others because they were simply clearing the instance every week, spend 3 weeks (6 for some of us) doing nothing but farming valor, and grind a rep to exalted. That doesn't count the solo scenarios. A lot more personal accountability where in the past you just had to be the guy/gal the guild decided to give it to.
    what this guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Ok I know what they said, thanks for re saying something I already know.

I got all my 5.0 legendary quest sigils in TWO LFR RUNS

Lol just because I'm good and don't need a legendary to progress doesn't mean its not easy and that anyone could get it

Your argument is very silly. You think everyone just got handed Warglavies from quests that they've been doing all xpac?
    Honestly, you let a couple of bg's hold you back from maximizing your character's potential and you call that 'good'?

I don't see where all the complaints about the legendary being 'easy to get' come from, really. They've always been easy to get. Raiding is a time-sink too, this time around Blizzard decided to go about it differently and made the time-sink take place outside normal/hc raiding instead. It still requires people to commit to getting it, just doesn't force others into helping one person out. A typical 25m raid group in TBC was carrying atleast 5 not-so-great players, some of those even ended up with Warglaives, go figure!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    I think the reasoning behind it is because anybody can get them, as long as they put in enough time to do so.
    You mean like:

Sulfaras
    Thundefury
    Glaives
    Thoridal
    mace of whatever from Ulduar
    Shadowmourne
    Dragonrwrath
    Fangs of the father.

None of them required any difficult things to be done. And RNG doesnt make something legendary.

if anything, the first 4 legendaries are wellfare, because you dont need to put any effort into acquiring them, they're totally luck based
    And no. Molten bore was not hard.
    neither was BT. The hard part was maintaining your raid roster. Failure would mean you have to drag a new recruit through all the previous tiers and attunements.

Out of all of them, the cloak requires the most effort to obtain.

Because the cloak is brain dead simple to get

and everyone could also get it first day to 5.4

in short you don't have to be good to get it

I wont be getting mine for a while because I can't be bothered to do the pvp part of the quest
    Apparently the people that got it are better than you. At least we're not scared of a couple of bgs.

Stop trying to rationalize your fail by putting other people down. :P
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that is abundantly clear from reading this thread : Lots of so-called "elite players" are being carried through LFR by the "baddies" and "casuals" that they despise so much.

It's incredible how many posters have proudly claimed that they go afk in LFR a few times every month to collect the tokens and progress this questline.

No wonder that LFR has more than its fair share of wipes. No wonder that the cloak is perceived as being a welfare handout. But who are the real "baddies" and who is really getting the welfare? HINT : it's not the casual players. They are the ones who are putting in all the effort to carry your worthless asses.

Deleted
    As someone that got the legendary staff from firelands before DS was released via specialized moves in a guild that wasn't exactly "world first", and I was told it was "easy" back then, I will not just call this welfare, I will call it a prank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because all the other legendaries were harder to get right? All you had to do to get Dragonwrath was farm a bunch of Firelands. All you had to do to get the Fangs of the Father was farm a bunch of Dragon Soul.

For this cloak, you had to go through 4 patches and 2 raids. Not to mention do a couple BGs, valor cap for over a month, and do a bunch of quests.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Yes. I did every step of the quest you did. You chose to do it via heroic raiding, I chose to do it in LFR. I had the same bad RNG luck that you did, I had to rep grind like you did, I had to beat Wrathion like you did. Sorry you aren't a server celebrity for having a legendary, but mine didn't just appear in my mailbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Because all the other legendaries were harder to get right? All you had to do to get Dragonwrath was farm a bunch of Firelands. All you had to do to get the Fangs of the Father was farm a bunch of Dragon Soul.
    Ridiculous. To get the legendary staff in firelands before dragon soul was released in a 10man that wasn't exactly "world first" was an achievement. And if you think otherwise you are delusional.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    This is fucking ridiculous.

Welfare Legendary? It took us from the start of the expansion up until a few days ago to get that Legendary; nearly a whole year!

Even with the drop rates of quest items being buffed, it still takes a while to get the things necessary. The following times are calculated if every boss drops what you need.

Sigils - Minimum of 2 weeks
    Crystallized Fear - 1 day
    Test of Valor - Minimum of 3 weeks
    PvP Wins - 1 day
    Change of Command - 1 day if you can get some people to help (or maybe soloable now, not sure)
    Secrets of the Empire - Minimum 2 weeks
    Scenarios - 1 day
    Tempered Lightning Staff - 1 day if you can get someone to either help you, do it while in a group, or if you can successfully bug it to solo it
    Titan Runestone - Minimum of 2 weeks

So, y'know, even if someone were to come back it'd still take them a minimum of two months IF every boss drops a sigil / secret / runestone.
    Is that really true? With all of Throne and Siege having the potential to drop all of it (well not the first 6 in throne for runestones) you could do what? 26 drop chances give or take a week in lfr so would it not be
    Sigils 1 week
    Crystalized fear 1 day
    Test of Valor 3 weeks
    PvP + Change 1 day
    Secrets 1 week
    Scenarios+ tempered 1 day
    Titan Runestones 1 week
    Heart 1 day
    For a total of maybe 6 weeks minimum (actual experience may be longer) ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subbie View Post
    Honestly, you let a couple of bg's hold you back from maximizing your character's potential and you call that 'good'?
    It can be much more than a couple of BGs.

When I did the PvP part on my priest it did in fact take two BGs and I could only characterize it as "easy." However, if your faction/time-of-day/battlegroup fu is not good, it could take 10 or 20. Some people don't mind that. Some people mind a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Ridiculous. To get the legendary staff in firelands before dragon soul was released in a 10man that wasn't exactly "world first" was an achievement. And if you think otherwise you are delusional.
    Yeah, because it was so hard right? Not because the loot system for Dragonwrath sucked or something in 10 man. It. was. soooo. hard.

All you had to do was farming firelands normal mode. This is not harder then getting the cloak. This is not more time-consuming. This is not more of an achievement. And yes, I own the staff. And I used it for progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I think you're the one that is delusional here.
    Farming the same instance over and over is not an achievement.

My scrub guild back in the day (10m) was able to get a staff well before DS came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Secrets 1 week
    Titan Runestones 1 week
    Secrets - 20 in 1 week not possible (unless you were already late, and doing catch up). I had over a month where only Lei Shen dropped them (13/20 - 17/20)
    Runestones - 12 in 1 week not possible (unless you are behind and farming SoO too).

The fasted you could do secrets (assuming 100% drop rate) was 2 weeks, same for Runestones.

Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    The cloak in MoP actually takes a lot more work from individuals than any other legendary in the past. Wanted glaives? Wait for them to drop! Want the healing mace from Ulduar or Shadowmourne? Leadership just picks you! Want the FL staff or DS daggers? Same thing!

With the cloak you've got tons to collect 72 items from a raid, which can easily be compared to the others because they were simply clearing the instance every week, spend 3 weeks (6 for some of us) doing nothing but farming valor, and grind a rep to exalted. That doesn't count the solo scenarios. A lot more personal accountability where in the past you just had to be the guy/gal the guild decided to give it to.
    Since it's personal legendary (as in everyone in the guild can work on it at the same time), it kind of makes sense don't you think? I have no issues with the accessibility of the thing, but it feels the least legendary legendary to date, because, well, it's not so much legendary when every schmuck who happened to be afking through LFRs since beginning of the xpac can get it.
    For previous legendaries, you had to be part of a (good) raiding guild, you had to be very commited to the guild (not like guilds would give it to newcommers) and you had to attend every raid in order to get all the items. How can anyone compare possibility to afk your legendary through LFR runs to that is beyond me.

Because the cloak is brain dead simple to get

and everyone could also get it first day to 5.4

in short you don't have to be good to get it

I wont be getting mine for a while because I can't be bothered to do the pvp part of the quest
    LOL since when did you have to be good to get any of the legendary items in wow ? They all just took time to get, and the cloak so far is the most time consuming to get. The rest where easy as pie if you had an ok raid group.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Secrets - 20 in 1 week not possible (unless you were already late, and doing catch up). I had over a month where only Lei Shen dropped them (13/20 - 17/20)
    Runestones - 12 in 1 week not possible (unless you are behind and farming SoO too).

The fasted you could do secrets (assuming 100% drop rate) was 2 weeks, same for Runestones.
    Ehmn there are 12 bosses in Throne, 14 in Siege, 26 bosses that may drop secrets
    There are 6 bosses in Throne, 14 in Siege, 20 bosses that may drop runestones.

We are talking returning players who have not done the series and what they could potentially do it in once the lfr's are open

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Does that term bother you at all? I mean after all the work you put in.
    Not in the slightest. Because that's what the cloack IS - a welfare legendary.
    I didn't put any work in it at all. It was just weekly farm with GUARATEED item for anyone who wanted it.
    It didn't require you to be skilled, didn't require much of your time, and it didn't even require you to be at least lucky.
    Literally everyone got a "legendary" unless they delibirately refused the opportunity.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Not in the slightest. Because that's what the cloack IS - a welfare legendary.
    I didn't put any work in it at all. It was just weekly farm with GUARATEED item for anyone who wanted it.
    It didn't require you to be skilled, didn't require much of your time, and it didn't even require you to be at least lucky.
    Literally everyone got a "legendary" unless they delibirately refused the opportunity.
    Thunderfury did not require much that resembled skill back in the day, if you could find a bit of luck and 40 headless chickens you could mix them in a pot and come out with your guilds third thunderfury. What was so legendary about that?

As much work as walking out to your mailbox and opening the letter

Exaggeration does not an argument make.

And you were the one talking about 'terrible responses' before?

Also, seems like you hold Illidan to such a high value that you are incapable of seeing that the warglaives themselves were not hard to get in that any guild that had him on farm would randomly get it. Sure, you had to kill Illidan. Beyond that, it was just RNG - not effort. And really, who killed Illidan just for the legendary?

Rewarding people for the RNG-deities being happy with them has never been a good system for legendaries. To a certain extend, it is necessary/fine, but 1-6% drop rates on legendary materials/legendaries doesn't make it more legendary for anyone but yourself. Rewarding just RNG is quite silly, and I'm glad Blizzard has realized it since then.