Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Favourite LFR player quotes

Yesterday, we walked into the Sha of Pride room huddled together and 75% of the raid got one shotted by the incoming blue missiles which most of us failed to notice. (lol)

"HAVE NONE OF YOU EVER DONE THIS BEFORE?!!" someone shouted

My reply: "Um, this is week 1 day 1 of LFR so... no." The raid kind of told him to shut up then ;-)

We did actually one shot every LFR boss apart from Norushen with the DPS bug. Thankfully we had one or two normal mode raiders who offered enough direction to get us through it.

Deleted
    My day 1 raid finder experience was pretty good tbh, I think I was lucky enough to get into a raid that was mostly full of people that didn't have wild expectations for people to know the tactics straight away, me and a couple of others had also done the bosses on flexi/normal and gave tactics and we only wiped once on sha of pride.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seemed alot easier than ToT was on the first raid finder week.

Deleted
    "i have a wife and kidz! 3 jobs! i dont have time for this blizz!!! bosses just just die in my presence!" - A typical LFR raider excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back befor ToT LFR, I was in ToES, on Tsulong, and a mage (maybe a warlock or priest?) said "please hurry up befor this takes tsulong" craked me up for a few moments

A non LFR moment, I think it was late (few months prior to Cata) or maybe early-mid cata, I was in ICC25, and prior to LK pull, rather than saying cloak (I hope), someone said "I hope he drops his cock" needless to say the whole group was silent for a while there...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    "i have a wife and kidz! 3 jobs! i dont have time for this blizz!!! bosses just just die in my presence!" - A typical LFR raider excuse.
    You forgot to add that this quote was invented in your head and never actually happened. There's plenty of stuff that I have seen that was stupid in LFR, there is no reason to make stuff up just because your LFR hater rash is flaring up.

This thread is going to turn into an LFR insult thread way too easily.

On the other hand I have seen a ToT Heroic geared person in Mogushan Vaults screaming at the tank that he had more life as a warlock than the tank and was doing 10x's the damage as anyone else, that he was carrying everyone else that were barely in 460 gear. Imagine that, someone nearly 100 ilevels higher than everyone else having better performance.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-09-19 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    "just go"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post

"HAVE NONE OF YOU EVER DONE THIS BEFORE?!!" someone shouted

My reply: "Um, this is week 1 day 1 of LFR so... no." The raid kind of told him to shut up then ;-)
    That boss has actually been available on Flex and Normal for a week so maybe he expected people to have tried it there? High expectations, maybe, but it certainly isn't impossible for people to have seen that fight before it came out on LFR.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    My day 1 raid finder experience was pretty good tbh, I think I was lucky enough to get into a raid that was mostly full of people that didn't have wild expectations for people to know the tactics straight away, me and a couple of others had also done the bosses on flexi/normal and gave tactics and we only wiped once on sha of pride.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seemed alot easier than ToT was on the first raid finder week.
    LFR always seems better at the start of the week for me, and of course if you have someone helping the raid (rather than just complaining after wipes), then it makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You forgot to add that this quote was invented in your head and never actually happened. There's plenty of stuff that I have seen that was stupid in LFR, there is no reason to make stuff up just because your LFR hater rash is flaring up.

This thread is going to turn into an LFR insult thread way too easily.
    Yup, my bad. :-(

The funniest one I heard (a while back):

The group was not doing very well and 1 player just was yelling and shouting.. then he said: "Oh, I forgot, lfr = looking for retard".
    A player replied on that with: "And we found you".

10+ Year Old Account
    A shaman was the first on heal meters. He started bragging about his uberskill, and the fact he could soloheal it or something, and other healers felt insulted. So he said "Lol i don't have to be in this group, bye" because his uberskill apparently allowed him to talk shit to others. To which i promptly replied "See ya!" before he left.

On Sunday doing ToT, spot a "healer" doing 8k healing. I am new to healing on my shaman as ive not done it since Vanilla. I notice other healers struggling and im doing okish. We killed the boss but we lost a few people on Iron qon when we couldnt aoe heal everyone quickly when things got a bit messy.

I thought it might be me not pulling my weight so i quickly checked recount saw I was doing OK on healing the people who died were ranged and so i figured maybe I just could not heal them in time. Then I noticed the 8k heals from one healer a priest.

So I say to the healer, hey why are you so low on healing and how come your 9th on DPS? He said "im heal through smite as im a priest"

Another person in LFR pipes in: "but you are in shadowform"

The guy got kicked shortly after. Damn DPS queuing as healer :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    The funniest one I heard (a while back):

The group was not doing very well and 1 player just was yelling and shouting.. then he said: "Oh, I forgot, lfr = looking for retard".
    A player replied on that with: "And we found you".
    This is amazing, it bugs me when people say that and this is the perfect response.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    On Sunday doing ToT, spot a "healer" doing 8k healing. I am new to healing on my shaman as ive not done it since Vanilla. I notice other healers struggling and im doing okish. We killed the boss but we lost a few people on Iron qon when we couldnt aoe heal everyone quickly when things got a bit messy.

I thought it might be me not pulling my weight so i quickly checked recount saw I was doing OK on healing the people who died were ranged and so i figured maybe I just could not heal them in time. Then I noticed the 8k heals from one healer a priest.

So I say to the healer, hey why are you so low on healing and how come your 9th on DPS? He said "im heal through smite as im a priest"

Another person in LFR pipes in: "but you are in shadowform"

The guy got kicked shortly after. Damn DPS queuing as healer :/
    Nothing will ever beat rocking up to a ToT LFR one day and finding out after the first wipe that only one druid was Resto and all five of the other "healers" were Spriests and Ele shamans looking to queue jump.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Was talking to a friend while he was in a LFR group struggling to kill the Protectors due to DPS not understanding they had to die together. He tells the raid to attack the one with the most health rather than always focusing the one with the least, to which some genius replied, 'but then they'd never die...'

10+ Year Old Account
    An LFR insult thread... How nice!
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Nothing will ever beat rocking up to a ToT LFR one day and finding out after the first wipe that only one druid was Resto and all five of the other "healers" were Spriests and Ele shamans looking to queue jump.
    ouch thats brutal.

I don't mind if someone asked to go DPS after first boss and we're rocking healing but it was the "lol im healing with smite bro" THEN WHY ARE YOU SHADOW!? XD I enjoy playing a healer its a different play style and a lot of fun on my shaman now. I am admittedly not that brilliant atm im OK I know to keep healing rain down on some groups of people healing stream totem placed where it will do some good etc my gears 496 and yet im there trying my best to heal and some scum bag DPS wants to queue jump¬ :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Any time people claim they don't have time to read the boss tactics, but do have time to wipe repeatedly because they haven't read the boss tactics.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

"Yo warrior, you got bad dps"
    "You are epic geared for level 85 epics, shut, your, mouth"
    "I'm still pulling better dps then you"
    Me vs a warrior tank that I was with in HoF

From a tank: "The dps is too low, I cant hold aggro."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Any time people claim they don't have time to read the boss tactics, but do have time to wipe repeatedly because they haven't read the boss tactics.
    Or don't want to? I hardcore raided for almost 7 years. I read up on every boss fight to a minor detail. For 2 years I lead a guild so I had to even plan how we would do raid fights. Now days all I do is LFR because I got over raiding and I sure as hell can't be bothered to look up boss fights for something as simple as LFR.

That being said blizzards raid team has ran out of ideas so it is not hard to workout a boss fight that has mechanics that were used years ago just by doing the fight. Shit is so predictable in raids now days it's boring.
    Aye mate