Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Gamestop Manager out of line

Sad part is this woman is a manager i can't stand gamestop even worse are the white knights defending her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGtajCKkO0

For those who do not want to look guy forgot his ID when he went to buy GTA5 tried to use his business card, she then offered to give his name and email to the customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you use a Business card when asked for a VALID PHOTO ID? One of the other customers was acting like a dick but the customer making a fit should not be using a business card as a valid ID. It's IMO very silly. Sure the woman was snarky about it and probably should be given a warning IMO. Now, it doesn't vindicate what the guy did.

Personally I only dislike the video because it's so freaking quiet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

...and?

Are you suggesting that every retail company doesn't have someone like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    im not sure business cards count as valid ID's
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    "you just threatened to give my public information out".

Do I need to watch the video any further?

Looks like we missed the bit with him being a twat and just got the bit of her being snarky and him going off on one.

He had his Receipt an ID should not even be required, they never card me. And that is besides the point this is about a manager acting out of line threatining to reveal info that could harm this guy.

M rated games require Photo ID. Im 25 and still get carded for buying them. Business card is not a valid ID form. They were both out of line. She should have bit her tongue and just continued on instead of threatening/joking? about revealing his personal information. He shouldn't have come back and caused a bigger scene.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just following orders. It's an M rated game, he looks like a chubby 16 year old, AKA someone even people who don't even card would card. They both were pretty stupid though. he just wants his game, was an idiot for "forgetting his ID to pick up a 17+ rated game" and she was just being a sarcastic ass, then again, i'd be saying the same stuff, cause that's just how I talk. :| No lines crossed, just people being people.

People still buy physical copies of video games?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    People still buy physical copies of video games?
    Yes, is that so bad?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Sad part is this woman is a manager i can't stand gamestop even worse are the white knights defending her.
    The way one employee acts at a Gamestop is the same way that every employee that works at a Gamestop acts, you are correct. (Sarcasm for those who can't tell)

10+ Year Old Account
    In the UK they do something called Challenge 25, whereby if you look under 25 and want to buy any age restricted product, they will ask for proof.

Not sure if all places are required to do this by law, but everywhere I live does it.

I'm on her side, probably because I had to work so many shitty retail jobs in the past and deal with so many shitty, bratty customers (especially when I worked at Gamestop) that I'm almost always going to be inclined to side with the worker.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was a new employee for gamestop I carded everyone. A regular came in and was buying a M-rated game but didnt have his ID. I told him I couldnt sell it to him without it but the manager let him get it anyway. I had a big argument with her that either everyone gets carded or no one. She argued that certain people dont have to, so after that I just stopped carding everyone. I have never been carded for anything ever and besides the ID for M-rated games is a company policy since most states dont have a law against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yes, is that so bad?
    Well, do they know about the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    The cameraman is the worst-part of the video and how on earth does he have 56k subs?

- - - Updated - - -

Some simply prefer to have a physical copy for various reasons such as re-sale, collection, shelf art.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    Some simply prefer to have a physical copy for various reasons such as re-sale, collection, shelf art.
    Isn't that what amazon is for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    In the UK they do something called Challenge 25, whereby if you look under 25 and want to buy any age restricted product, they will ask for proof.

Not sure if all places are required to do this by law, but everywhere I live does it.
    Generally i don't bother unless they look 18 or below, i mean you can tell the difference between an 18 year old and 22 year old most of the time, its probably just 25 to save yourself a bit if you do ask someone who is 20 for I.D

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize some people simply prefer having physical copies of things. Also its is a console game that the guy was buying.

Either way, both were in the wrong. Lady should've just kept her tongue but the guy should've brought his ID. My parents taught me to always have my id on me no matter what so forgetting it is a pretty dumb thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    What's the worst that happens, they send him dick pics, or pizzas to his house?
    hey there's that harassment he was talking about. She was out of line
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2013-09-19 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.