Thread: Pvp nerfs inc?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pvp nerfs inc?

After doing a bunch of bgs this week to grab some gear( been gone for a bit ), Ive got a bad feeling nerfs are coming for us. My damage shot through the roof once I got my 2 hander pvp sword, on top in dmg and kills most times, with other warriors above or below me. I know dmg done doesnt matter much, and I go for objectives*. With the changes to shield wall/reflect, Dstance/last stand when pressured, I think were sitting at nice spot. With our gear scaling, I think we'll be getting the nerf bat soon. Only real problem I had was resto druids and Hpallys. Thoughts?

Coming to the warrior forum wont get much discussion about warriors being too good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

They sneaked in an MS buff right before patch went live. It's probably going to be reverted and Blizzard will act like it wasn't a nerf. Just to be "safe" they'll nerf slam too and we'll be right back where we started.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Coming to the warrior forum wont get much discussion about warriors being too good.
    probably because its too much effort to give a crap about the state of the warrior class

you're either good enough to be called overpowered or you're dogshit

whenever warrior is good, people complain about them because they take a shit on healers. whenever they are bad, people just complain about being charge stunned, "how dare a fucking warrior charge stun focus interrupt, what a piece of shit! at least im not dying in a stun like i do to every other class in the game, warriors are fine l2p!"

As long as they don't nerf fury...

Deleted
    Warriors are effectivelly back to godmode again. Expect comps as KFC, TSG and the likes to dominate everything in arenas.

Its safe to assume there will be no nerfs for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the nerf will be coming in anytime soon, I am going to guess Blizzard will wait till a few weeks into the new season once people are more "equipped", to get a better gauge on things. Cant really work out how things will be until the new season gets into full swing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They sneaked in an MS buff right before patch went live. It's probably going to be reverted and Blizzard will act like it wasn't a nerf. Just to be "safe" they'll nerf slam too and we'll be right back where we started.
    I actually feel like if they make any changes now, it will be PVP only changes. Arms is finally in a good spot as far as PVE is concerned and I don't get the impression that Blizzard wants to continuously make changes and balance like a yo-yo.

I also feel strong as a warrior in PVP, but I feel if they try to fix us, we are going to end up weak.

I honestly don't see this "god mode" you guys are talking about, I see it being competitive, unlike last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    I honestly don't see this "god mode" you guys are talking about, I see it being competitive, unlike last patch.
    Rogues dks ferals enhance shamans all fall with no issues. with dbts, shield wall/spell ref/mass ref and last stand, im not even beating them, im making fools of them. Same with frost mages when I use the silence heroic throw. Our tool kit is huge, it always has been, but for most of the life of wow warriors, you use a def cd, ur dmg drops. you use a offensive cd, defense drops. Now its not the case. Im not complaining or anything, and I dont think it will be god mode against a skilled comp in rated pvp...but lets be honest, we all remember what happens when we can easily beat rogues and mages 1v1. How dare we do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    I play a Warrior and tbh I do expect a nerf to be coming in anytime soon. Although I dont mind ripping through Alliance scum I find our current situation a little too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Rogues dks ferals enhance shamans all fall with no issues. with dbts, shield wall/spell ref/mass ref and last stand, im not even beating them, im making fools of them. Same with frost mages when I use the silence heroic throw. Our tool kit is huge, it always has been, but for most of the life of wow warriors, you use a def cd, ur dmg drops. you use a offensive cd, defense drops. Now its not the case. Im not complaining or anything, and I dont think it will be god mode against a skilled comp in rated pvp...but lets be honest, we all remember what happens when we can easily beat rogues and mages 1v1. How dare we do that!
    Ugh, its hard to take people talking about warriors seriously (see bolded). Warriors are competetive now; people don't get it, warriors are supposed to feel strong when they are on a target. They are the only melee with absolutely 0 meaningful ranged abilities and are completely punished being offtarget (rogues at least generate energy and can generate CPs with HaT) as we won't generate rage aside from unbridled wrath. We have a large self-sufficient toolkit which makes sense since we have 0 abilities that assist teammates outside of intervene which is used for a self-rootbreak anyway; we are like rogues in that way. Warriors got the buffs they needed to be competitive in rated play, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Ugh, its hard to take people talking about warriors seriously (see bolded). Warriors are competetive now; people don't get it, warriors are supposed to feel strong when they are on a target. They are the only melee with absolutely 0 meaningful ranged abilities and are completely punished being offtarget (rogues at least generate energy and can generate CPs with HaT) as we won't generate rage aside from unbridled wrath. We have a large self-sufficient toolkit which makes sense since we have 0 abilities that assist teammates outside of intervene which is used for a self-rootbreak anyway; we are like rogues in that way. Warriors got the buffs they needed to be competitive in rated play, thats it.
    Im sorry...I dont see the cause of the UGH /EYE ROLL you has there. Is it because I play every class at max level and forgot if heroic throw silence was a glyph or talent at the time I posted this? Or the fact that I use rallying cry when an ally's hp gets low or fear or stun an enemy putting pressure on someone else, thus negating the whole "we only have intervene to help our teammates" theory?

We got the buffs we needed in rated pvp, yup. Since when did rated pvp matter when it comes to buffs nerfs? What like...20% of wow players do rated play? Enough mages and rogues crying on the forums about how they cant beat a warrior 1v1, and the nerfs will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez7 View Post
    I don't see why nerfs are necessary. We're still plagued with problems.

In my opinion:

Double Time's benefits are cancelled out by a silly 12-sec rage-generation rule. On top of that, the DR on Charge means that classes are often able to react faster than we are because of the 'pause' at the end of a Charge.

Charge still doesn't get us to our target WHEN that target is using any noticable 50% speed increase: Burst of Speed, Feathers, Sprint, Spirit Walk, and so on.

Rage is still too low.

Everyone seems to have a movement-increasing ability on a lower CD than Charge. We still only have our 12-second Charge where as Mages now have stuff like Blazing Speed to ONCE AGAIN create another gap closer. have we been given the option of an Intercept talent? Or a freedom (that isn't poorly baked into Avatar)? No. We haven't. We're supposed to be defined by our mobility but it now ranks average at best.

Disc Priests, Druids, and Mistweavers hardly need to cast heals, and Fire Mages particularly dont' have to CAST their 100k Pyros.

We're given no quarter and no quality-of-life when it comes to abilities: If MS misses, we get no rage, no overpower, and no debuff. Whereas DKs (for example) have so many 'fail safe' devices throughout their set-bonuses and talent trees - not to mention 3-4 trinkets.

I understand that Blizzard wants people to feel like their class is the best - or the class they play NOW is better than the one they played before. But that's pathetic. Why not balance around everyone having ONE trinket mechanic - EMFH works the way it does FOR THAT VERY REASON. You can't have two trinkets because it's unfair... yet here we are with Empowered Will, Descecrated Ground, and so on.

Warriors haven't been brought up to date.... STILL. We're still sitting on the same Charge and the Same (BROKEN) Heroic Leap that we were in Wotlk. I'm not saying S9 wasn't fun. It was. But other classes have evolved. Hunters have stealth, Druids have HoJ, Priests have Stealth (of a fashion) Mages can heal through Symb and Invocation-glyphed. Classes that JUST SHOULDN'T HAVE THE STUFF THEY DO have it anyway.

Okay, so we're in the position where Druids have HoJ in any form. Rogues heal. Hunters Stealth. Monks move around the map like a Korean SC2 champion, and Warlocks can take more of a beating than plate-wearers. FINE...

FINE.

So what do we get? Apart from a broken heroic leap, under-realised banners, and some QoL macros?

A Disorientate? No. A heal? No. More movement (to keep up with Burst of Speed and Blazing Speed?) No. A more noticable contribution from armour? No. Armour affecting % of spells? No. Freedom? Vanish? Bubble? Blink? No, no, no, no, no. AND GOOD.

I don't want them and we dont' need them.

All we need is for the morons at Blizzard to stop dropping their trousers and letting all other classes take whatever kind of CC/ability they want. They need some backbone.

"No, Warlock, you can't have an independent trinket on a 1-min CD." "No, Mage, you can't have ANOTHER gap generator." "No, Hunter, you can't have stealth as good as a Rogue!" "No, STUPID Moonkin, you can't do anything you like in any form you like!"

Warriors would probably be okay in a game that was balanced around our level. Instead, many other classes (Ass/Sub Rogues, Discs, Fire Mage, Frost, Hunters to name a few) are up in the clouds.

The current Warrior/Shaman model makes sense. Classes are limited to skills that match their flavour and needs. Why do Fire mages need Roots AND Snares AND Disorientates AND (2) Stuns? This is on top of a Poly with no CD, Heroism, and for some STUPID reason a Hot Streak system that lets Pyroblast Crits contribute 'heat up'!?

If they do nerf us, I can't see that they'll have a valid reason. Our damage is only ever ANY GOOD if we're on a target, and with stuff like Body and Soul, Freedom, Dispel, Leap of Faith, Displacer, Blazing Speed, Post Haste, and Deaths Advance, that uptime (considering we've been given no new reliable gap closers) is limited.

There's just too much CC in the game. And Greg Street must have lied when he said he wanted casters to cast again because Fire Mages and Discs (as two examples) don't cast unless they can move at the same time.

We're better than we were, but everyone else is still too good. Much of our utility lies in the hands of particular comp partners. The same cannot be said for Mages, Hunters, Rogues, Priests, and Druids.

Once again, this is my opinion. Maybe you disagree...

But when the balance of 'ranged-vs-melee' is tipped in favour of ranged, then there's little point in playing. HOWEVER, when it's tipped in the balance of Melee, that's okay - because we have peels in the game. Independence in WoW is killing the game. I don't mind needing a healer and someone to help me out of slows and roots... I just expect the Fire Mage to need someone to protect his stationary cast (a cast which, at the moment, doesn't exist) and someone to help him out of roots and snares too.

You say 1v1 isn't important... but what happens when a Warrior and a Fire Mage are both given a Disc Priest? The Warrior has his baseline utility and the Mage has his (which is higher than the Warrior's. Add these to even Disc Priest utility skills and the Mage team have a clear advantage. If you balance 1v1 more, you can balance 2v2 and 3v3 and so on.
    After reading ur post, and this ISNT AN INSULT, I dont think you are taking full advantage or heroic leap/spell reflect/mass reflect/piercing howl. I also think you want more homogenization, which is just kind of a bad idea in my opinion. Also, your opening MS shouldnt miss. Its very important, and very very important vs rogues and such, so id try to stick that a little harder (get behind him, fear him first, stun him first, etc.). Also, 1v1 isnt a viable thing to balance in a team based game.

as a mage id rather have tsg and warrior/rogue which is becoming quite popular than a whole jungle or godcats on my ass. warriors do feel a bit strong, but that will balance out with new gear when other peoples dmg also increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Im sorry...I dont see the cause of the UGH /EYE ROLL you has there. Is it because I play every class at max level and forgot if heroic throw silence was a glyph or talent at the time I posted this? Or the fact that I use rallying cry when an ally's hp gets low or fear or stun an enemy putting pressure on someone else, thus negating the whole "we only have intervene to help our teammates" theory?

We got the buffs we needed in rated pvp, yup. Since when did rated pvp matter when it comes to buffs nerfs? What like...20% of wow players do rated play? Enough mages and rogues crying on the forums about how they cant beat a warrior 1v1, and the nerfs will come.
    It's probably the fact that HT silence doesn't work on players since 5.1, which leads us to believe that you're just theorycrafting and making empty assertions without any actual knowledge or empirical data.

Could you link the armories of all your high level pvp competitive characters?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    It's probably the fact that HT silence doesn't work on players since 5.1, which leads us to believe that you're just theorycrafting and making empty assertions without any actual knowledge or empirical data.

Could you link the armories of all your high level pvp competitive characters?
    Guess you missed the whole "been gone for a bit". Its ok reading is hard. Nope, I havent run heroic throw silence since...shit...panda dropped? I just thought if it was still in, it would be useful in some situations, I personally roll charge,rude, and heroic leap glyphs, and havent changed in quite some time. And ya, heres my 2800 rating on all toons video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Lets keep it civil.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-09-17 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    I can definitely see D-Stance getting nerfed, though I don't see why anything else would.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

People forget that warriors and DKs don't scale well with gear with Arms being worst followed by Frost DK. Arms only scales well with Weapon damage. It's the start of a new season and it's easy to top bg damage just by thunder clapping and bladestorming on cd and since we never bladestormed before this patch, everyone suddenly think we're OP.

I did some Arenas in the PTR, before the MS buff and the damage compared to other classes was just good. Actually, I somehow felt it was lower than live, I'm not sure why. Slams were critting for 60k with CS up while on live I can easy get 75k. Either way, it's too early to start QQing. Maybe after a couple of months when people have got some of their gear and if warriors still feel as good as now, then I think we should be nerfed a little.