Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The game is better with it then without it.
    TCCY has encouraged people to make turtle setups. It's boring.

Considering that 2v2 is extremely popular, Blizz need to remove the debuff ASAP. They can't force people to do 3v3.

Deleted
    TCCY is complete and utterl bull****. It has completly changed how people play the game and largely not for the positive. There's so many turtle comps now around and most healer + dps teams are also playing extremly defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    And this obtuse implementation bases on what in order to grant the buff exactly?

The team that once had the lowest life 15 min. WONT get the buff. Its not a percantage, its just raw numbers.

@revolutions: yea because 60% is low. ..

I like the idea of the buff being applied only when a team has more players remaining, but if both teams have an equal number of players left at the end of the match, it has to be a loss for both. A team can be getting dramatically outplayed and recognize this and still turtle because it is better than a loss. Another instance would be a team encountering a counter comp and just drawing the match out instead of facing a very likely loss.

I don't know how plausible it is, but it would be nice to see a similar mechanic but with a lot more contributing factors or something to make it a lot less predictable.

Deleted
    Instead of doing it like this, why can't they just buff both teams after the 15 minute mark to speed up the process. Both teams will gain xxx % (100) damage and xxx % (50) healing after 15 minutes increasing by xxx % (50) every minute. This will result into both teams being able to put out a lot more damage but also a lot more healing. This will make the team that manages to CC / swap / interrupt the winner. Imo those things show which team is the better one. The team that does the best cc / swaps / interrupts should win. This also gives both teams an equal chance to win. The team that was doing the best will most likely still win.

Teams wont be able to build around this since it slowly adds up. You wont be able to build a insta-gib-15-minute-mark team as it is only 100% then and the healing has gone up aswel. Dragging the match out for the buff to stack isn't possible either because kiting someone that does 100% / 150% / 200% damage is tricky, especially without a healer.

(In Worms this is called 'Sudden Death')
    Last edited by mmoc9a58471c62; 2013-09-27 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    TCCY has encouraged people to make turtle setups. It's boring.

Considering that 2v2 is extremely popular, Blizz need to remove the debuff ASAP. They can't force people to do 3v3.
    healer/dps vs healer/dps is tie always if both or other team play turtle. Some teams dont even try kill anything they just hope that other team leave before 45 min . I rather play 3 arena games whit new system than 1 tie in same time in old system.

the rank 1 and 2 players in the 2v2 bracket are currently 2 blood deathknight (200 points ahead of the next highest)

lets take a moment here guys.. yeah this buff is great..

/end thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    the rank 1 and 2 players in the 2v2 bracket are currently 2 blood deathknight (200 points ahead of the next highest)

/end thread
    I see the problem but i bet the mouth breathers will just respond to your post with "omg 2s lol who cares gtfo!"

Im hoping blizzard will come with a fix sooner than later.

Another dumb mechanic implemented by clueless idiots. Personally im done with WoW at this point (not specifically because of TCCY but because of PvP overall)

It's so disappointing, WoW's gameplay is crisp, its reactive and fast paced.. its too bad the people behind the wheel have no idea what they are doing. (I don't PvE anymore so I won't comment on that, but its pretty clear the people behind the PvP side of things have either their hands tied, or their brains missing) Until they separate PvE from PvP it will always be imbalanced and adding in mechanics like TCCY is just straight up retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I see the problem but i bet the mouth breathers will just respond to your post with "omg 2s lol who cares gtfo!"

Im hoping blizzard will come with a fix sooner than later.
    Old system was really bad . Whit new resi whitout crowd choose buff 2v2 would be hell to play as healer. Against other healer team nothing would ever die.
    Buff is not perfect but its better than old system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post

/end thread
    yeah right first blood dk i found was rank 765 whit 2k rating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t3180 View Post

yeah right first blood dk i found was rank 765 whit 2k rating
    Try harder;
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/2v2

Deleted
    I'm not a hardcore PvPer, but here is the thing I don't understand:

Cutting the game length to 15min is perfectly fine. Why not make every 15min game a draw (but nobody looses rating for the team with the higher MMR looses some points)?
    Seems much better than the game arbitrarily deciding this or that team "deserves" to win (because obviously every mechanic that arbitrarily picks a victor can be abused by the players)

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Look at all them Holy Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    I'm not a hardcore PvPer, but here is the thing I don't understand:

Cutting the game length to 15min is perfectly fine. Why not make every 15min game a draw (but nobody looses rating for the team with the higher MMR looses some points)?
    Seems much better than the game arbitrarily deciding this or that team "deserves" to win (because obviously every mechanic that arbitrarily picks a victor can be abused by the players)
    I'd rather have a 15 minute tie then go back to how it was in TBC. I still remember my friend (H.Pally), playing a match for 5 hours after it was down to just him and a mage in 5v5.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    If both teams cant manage to land a killing blow, then it must be a tie.
    Playing with a healer must have a downside, not this nobrainer mechanic.

With the current resilience/pvpower values there has to be a crowd chooses you mechanic, at least in 2s.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t3180 View Post
    healer/dps vs healer/dps is tie always if both or other team play turtle. Some teams dont even try kill anything they just hope that other team leave before 45 min . I rather play 3 arena games whit new system than 1 tie in same time in old system.
    All that will happen is the meta game will change and adapt to this new environment. So all you will see now are healer + DPS teams, and the healer DPS team that can turtle the best, then something that can counter that if there is such a setup.

So now most players have to play with a healer. Are healers popular? Do you expect millions of players to make healers just to play 2v2? I very much doubt it.

Like I said before, 2v2 is extremely popular. If Blizzard ruin 2v2 that's one less reason to subscribe to WoW which is already dying.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2013-09-27 at 01:42 PM.

this buff just turns high rated 3v3 into a 15 minute turtle. and 2v2 into double blood dk's. seriously blizzard, get your heads out of your ass, stop spending money and time on new expansions and other games and fix the current problems, thanks.

Feel like the warning is too long also. 3 minutes... why not just last 15 seconds so if both teams were really close you never know and just turtle last 3 minutes. It is so painful to cap all my points with 15 minutes games and hoping I get the buff when playing against another dps healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    So far for me in 2s its worked in my favour to have the buff possibility rather than not.

Deleted
    Is there still no word on this? TCCY has without a doubt changed how people play 2v2.