Feral opener question (omen proc)

So one of the things which kind of annoys me is when, during the opener i get an omen of clarity proc, because I never seem to know what to do with it.

It kind of throws me off because i'm getting ready to TF into Zerk, apply my Rip when suddenly a wild omen proc appears and I don't know what to do in this situation XD

So can someone please fill in for me, what to do for example if you get an omen proc, right when you think you're about to TF but suddenly have way more energy than you predicted you would have? (if you k now what I mean)

Cheers.

Deleted
    Last I heard it was a dps increase to use omen procs on thrash, even for single target and ignoring the lack of combo points it gives.

why it's annoying and make you lost?!..
    you preferebly do Trash, or you just keep your rotation as it's an extra attack+combopoint

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    why it's annoying and make you lost?!..
    you preferebly do Trash, or you just keep your rotation as it's an extra attack+combopoint
    It is Thrash prio (Shred if thrash is already up) I know, but this is in the opener I'm wondering about.

It's a loss because usually you get 5cp, with your Shred right as you hit 0 energy, then you would TF into a buffed rip and berzerk, however when you get an omen proc you're sitting on 5cp AND full energy.

If you TF at full energy for the buffed rip then you would lose 100 energy, if you shred to get down to 0 energy in order to FR you just wasted maybe 5cp counting crits.

If you play feral a lot in PVE you will probably understand what i mean, the problem only really presents itself in the opener and then when berzerk is off CD.

If the optimal play is just to Shred back down to 0 energy, then TF>Rip then that's fine =) but I'm wondering if there is much else you can do in that position rather than waste a potential 5cp, or buffed Rip.

Again..not talking about OOC proc priority in the usual 'rotation', I know that is Thrash then Shred, this is a very specific thing that happens in the opener =)

cheers.

Thrash unless you risk not being able to rip with procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    It is Thrash prio (Shred if thrash is already up) I know, but this is in the opener I'm wondering about.

It's a loss because usually you get 5cp, with your Shred right as you hit 0 energy, then you would TF into a buffed rip and berzerk, however when you get an omen proc you're sitting on 5cp AND full energy.

If you TF at full energy for the buffed rip then you would lose 100 energy, if you shred to get down to 0 energy in order to FR you just wasted maybe 5cp counting crits.

If you play feral a lot in PVE you will probably understand what i mean, the problem only really presents itself in the opener and then when berzerk is off CD.

If the optimal play is just to Shred back down to 0 energy, then TF>Rip then that's fine =) but I'm wondering if there is much else you can do in that position rather than waste a potential 5cp, or buffed Rip.

Again..not talking about OOC proc priority in the usual 'rotation', I know that is Thrash then Shred, this is a very specific thing that happens in the opener =)

cheers.
    do FB then, pop TF and spam Shred, Rake to build 5cp fast and reapply Rip, should be enough time till TF dmg buff wears off, especialy with T15 4 set
    are you starting openning with Trash or whats the problem you can't use on Omen proc?! what is your openning then
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-09-22 at 10:01 PM.

do FB then, pop TF and spam Shred, Rake to build 5cp fast and reapply Rip, should be enough time till TF dmg buff wears off, especialy with T15 4 set
    are you starting openning with Trash or whats the problem you can't use on Omen proc?! what is your openning then
    The usual opener as far as I know it is;

Pre cast Healing touch
    Cat form
    Pot
    Savage Roar
    Rake
    Shred to 0 energy (Omen proc happens here! so am not at 0 energy for the TF next...wasting either 5cp, or 100 energy)
    TF
    Zerk
    Rip
    Re-apply rake
    Thrash
    Spam shred until the end of Zerk

Obviously this changes because I have RoRo, and FoN, so that will proc, and I will apply a Rune buffed Rip, Rake, Thrash and Treant rakes.

The problem occurs at the rake-Shred point, because then you are at full energy (not 0) expecting to TF into berzerk/rip.

You wont really know what the specific thing feels like unless you raid a lot as feral, when you do a lot of pulls every raid night you'll notice it happening on some of those pulls. The problem isn't with "what do i do with omen" because I know it is thrash, or shred depending on the situation, it is when you get the ooc proc in this very specific situation.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2013-09-22 at 11:28 PM.

On the opener, with berserk always ignore it and do whatever, just get bleeds up and FB spam, if DoC spec you will have to get a first fast rip and then a 2nd rip and rake now with doc, right before trinkets expire. Thrash after if you can, but buffing rake and ri[ with every buff and DoC seems more important to me, this syncs nicely with Renataki. oh and FoN spam right when RoRO is about to expire, it off the GCD.
    Set 4 T16 helps a lot here
    With no T16 set 4, your first rip will have to be gamble mode with 3-4cp, try to never get parried.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2013-09-22 at 11:58 PM.

Deleted
    Burn excess energy with trash and shred, but prioritize getting your strongest dots up.

first,I guess you are not raiding alot if you don't know how abilities work,
    Omen procs doesn't give you energy back it make your ability cost no energy, it still be staying on 0
    also TF doesn't give you full bar of energy, it's only 60 , so you can be atlaest on 30-40
    yet if you playing doc, I would use FB so you get NS proc and apply DoC+TF rip
    or just Trash it/ignore
    Pre cast Healing touch
    Cat form
    Pot
    Savage Roar
    Rake
    Shred to 0 energy
    (Omen proc happens here! so am not at 0 energy for the TF next.USING TRASH<5CP SAVED,YOU STILL 0-10 ENERGY>..̶w̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶5̶c̶p̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶r̶g̶y̶)
    TF
    Zerk
    Rip
    Re-apply rake
    Thrash
    Spam shred until the end of Zerk
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-09-23 at 02:41 PM.

first,I guess you are not raiding alot if you don't know how abilities work,
    Omen procs doesn't give you energy back it make your ability cost no energy, it still be staying on 0
    also TF doesn't give you full bar of energy, it's only 60 , so you can be atlaest on 30-40
    yet if you playing doc, I would use FB so you get NS proc and apply DoC+TF rip
    or just Trash it/ignore
    Since this thread, been testing in Siege and didn't want to make a new thread about this issue, so here we are. On the topic of "not raiding a lot" and "don't know how abilities work"...well...wrong on both (my sig shows I raid quite a bit compared to most people who play wow anyway), you just obviously didn't understand the specific 'issue' I mentioned in the thread. The 'issue' was that on the pull, if you get an Omen proc whilst on full or close to full energy you would be wasting either CPs or potential energy. So when you go to shred/Rake'd down to low energy you end up sitting on close to max energy, with full CPs...so the choice here is either just TF with full/close to full energy and apply the Rip....or continue to Shred down with the energy but sit on the CPs (waste the new CPs you would've gotten from those shreds)

Anyway....since this post I've just been following the advice on fluiddruid and pretending as if the Omen proc wasn't there, and just TFing on close to max energy and applying the Rip, the potential damage loss/gain from wasting the full energy bar isn't really significant over the whole fight anyway =)