[Anime] Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

So I'm not really that into anime (I'll watch a series if somebody pressures me into watching it, but I don't actively seek new series), but recently a friend of mine has gotten me to watch this, and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed by it. The animation style is wonderful, and the way that the characters speak and interact with each other is just great. All of it is so goofy, but so great at the same time. Also, Dio is probably one of the most convincing villains I've ever seen in an anime.

I got through Part 1 pretty quickly and I'm getting through Part 2 now, but I know that the anime currently doesn't go any further than that. I couldn't find any official confirmation about whether they are continuing on to make a Part 3, does anybody know? I'm planning on reading the manga regardless, but I would love for them to continue the show. It's made so well.

Anybody else totally love this show like I do?

I really tried to like the show, but like the manga, it's just too goofy for me. It really is like the Parodius of the Fist of the North Star/fighting manga genre: IE, it's an absolutely excellent representation of the genre, while also making fun of it and being as silly as it wants to be.

Probably the most fun anime I've ever watched, good shit.

I personally own the most awesome sketch of Jotaro from the character designer.

I actually think this is one of the better animes you can watch and because they are done in discreet OAV's you're not going to get alot of stupid filler or 5-10 minute recaps every episode. Some of the most bang for the buck IMO.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove JOJO, I read like 35 different series and its in my top 3 for most satisfying, its just so different from everything else, hopefully the series gets continued so u can get to the more epic parts man. part 3 is amazing, don't watch the oav in my opinion it doesn't do it any justice.. u can if you wan tho.. but it seriously skips like 30 different encounters.
    naruto, bleach,one piece, toriko, beelezebub, jojos bizarre adventure, uzumaki , shingeki no kyojin, historys strongest disciple, katekyo hitman reborn, the breaker, veritas, gantz, dgrayman, claymore, fairy tail, kekkaishi, cage of eden, magi, hajime no ippo, kuroko no basuke, gamaran, eyeshield, hunter x hunter, noblesse, defense devil, blue exorcist, deadman wonderland, hungry joker, fist of the blue sky, terraformars, psyren, tough, soul eater, saint seiya

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyDtroll View Post
    I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove JOJO, I read like 35 different series and its in my top 3 for most satisfying, its just so different from everything else, hopefully the series gets continued so u can get to the more epic parts man. part 3 is amazing, don't watch the oav in my opinion it doesn't do it any justice.. u can if you wan tho.. but it seriously skips like 30 different encounters.
    Yeah, I wasn't planning on watching it after reading about it. It doesn't seem like the quality is anywhere close to what I would get just by reading the manga, so I'm just going to do that for the time being since the anime isn't going any further for the time being.

The original ova? (2000 + 1993 series)
    I thought that was pretty dull besides the last couple episodes. Was a bunch of buff men standing around in tight clothing most of the time. I remember an old picture of what I expected - Something like fist of the north star; What I got - picture from a gay bar.

Haven't seen the newer series but heard it's better.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Newer one is what OP is talking about.

Well, it has epic music, when the Nazi's appear.
    Like realy epic.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    the manga series is currently plagued with terrible translations right now and only part 3 (stardust crusaders) came out to America. funimation just recently said on they fb page that they are thinkin of rereleasing the manga digitally which can potentially get the rest of the series out here as well. considering the fighting game just got announced to be released out here im having really high hopes.

- - - Updated - - -

I just thought id mention u should read part 3 as soon as possible. I hate to post spoilers on this series so I cant even link the game to u about its awesomeness hopefully the anime will start up soon again, hopefully david production finishes whatever other project they are working on currently.
    naruto, bleach,one piece, toriko, beelezebub, jojos bizarre adventure, uzumaki , shingeki no kyojin, historys strongest disciple, katekyo hitman reborn, the breaker, veritas, gantz, dgrayman, claymore, fairy tail, kekkaishi, cage of eden, magi, hajime no ippo, kuroko no basuke, gamaran, eyeshield, hunter x hunter, noblesse, defense devil, blue exorcist, deadman wonderland, hungry joker, fist of the blue sky, terraformars, psyren, tough, soul eater, saint seiya

Deleted
    Brilliant manga series and the old ova's were great but last years full length anime series which included parts 1 & 2 was awesome.. and now finally we've had confirmation that Part 3: Stardust Crusaders will be coming in 2014.

Official confirmation? Hell yeah. I can totally dig that. Really looking forward to it.

Deleted
    Yeah we got a teaser at the end of season 1 but now its official

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    The original ova? (2000 + 1993 series)
    I thought that was pretty dull besides the last couple episodes. Was a bunch of buff men standing around in tight clothing most of the time. I remember an old picture of what I expected - Something like fist of the north star; What I got - picture from a gay bar.

I think the word you are looking for is homoerotic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I think the word you are looking for is homoerotic.
    he might have found it homoerotic but it isnt. It would be like saying the same about predator because its about a bunch of men sweating in a jungle... although there is that intimate arm wrestle...
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-10-25 at 10:40 PM.

Jojo

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    So I'm not really that into anime (I'll watch a series if somebody pressures me into watching it, but I don't actively seek new series), but recently a friend of mine has gotten me to watch this, and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed by it. The animation style is wonderful, and the way that the characters speak and interact with each other is just great. All of it is so goofy, but so great at the same time. Also, Dio is probably one of the most convincing villains I've ever seen in an anime.

I got through Part 1 pretty quickly and I'm getting through Part 2 now, but I know that the anime currently doesn't go any further than that. I couldn't find any official confirmation about whether they are continuing on to make a Part 3, does anybody know? I'm planning on reading the manga regardless, but I would love for them to continue the show. It's made so well.

Anybody else totally love this show like I do?
    I love JoJo, and I can confirm that there are 8 seasons, in case you haven't watched the rest. It gets much better. I do realize this may be six years late, but you really should watch it.