Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    because acquiring legendary cloak wasn't as easy as buying bis daggers for 10k

There are several people in my raid group who either had to swap to a different toon for SoO or who recently came back to the game and have not yet completed the Legendary questline. I have no problem with there being cloaks on the loot table, and SoO was tuned around players not having the cloak. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    would of been nice if cloaks where from a vendor but nop! oh well que sera, sera
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Gets me, at least for heroic mode - Why the fuck would an alt be clearign heroic mode unless you're cutting high end progression, at which point you'd have legendary anyway.

We've had 12 CLOAKS. TWELVE. In the past 2 resets. Absolutely retarded we've DE'd so much. (This is 10 man too) - A lot of it is trash, but it should be ONLY trash imo, dropping from bosses, especially on hc, is just ridiculous.

I never plan on getting that Legendary cloak, so it's for people like myself.

Deleted
    3 heroic kills this week and 2 cloaks. What a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Because you don't need legendary cloak to beat the game, and because not everyone spent the whole expansion farming the game for the legendary cloak.
    ^This statement pretty much sums up the answer to the OPs question. Some people may have made the cloak (even if then only ran LFR) but that doesn't mean that they had the time to make it on their alts, assuming they have alts, as well. The cloaks are there for people who need an upgrade for their back slot and nothing more, if you have a legendary cloak on EVERY one of your alts then more power too you.

I'd personally like to see cloaks taken off of the bosses and possibly put them up strictly as boe epics from trash drops or available for VP. Nothing was worse last tier than when you kill ra-den and he drops a cloak lol.

They should have made a cloak available through alternate means (valor, rep, raid quest, whatever) and not put them on boss loot tables. I ran my shaman alt with a different guild and their first dark shaman kill (which took them two nights of dedicated progression) ended up with a cloak drop. Pretty disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    You seem angry. Calm down, maybe go for a walk?
    It's just a whiny, bitchy heroic raider. Ignore it and it will eventually stop making the strange noises.

Infracted: Please don't insult other posters. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-09-23 at 08:18 PM.

There will always be loot that is shitty for the whole group. Dont make like it is something new. I have down progression bosses that the guild spent days on that ends up dropping nothing that anyone wants. Sure you might want to reduce the amount of unwanted loot in the tables but it is not something new. This is in Blizzards favor as well to keep you running content longer and a large part why LFR was introduced after LFD greatly accelerated content consumption.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-09-23 at 08:20 PM.

This is the same, tired old "my raid doesn't have X class, but Y item only X can use dropped" complaint, dressed up in a new suit. Raids that don't need paladin gear still get paladin gear drops. Raids that don't need agility leather still get agility leather. And raids that don't need cloaks still get cloaks. As long as there are raids out there who can use the drops (and believe it or not there are, and will be more over the course of the patch, heroic groups lacking some cloaks), the system will be working precisely as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There are several people in my raid group who either had to swap to a different toon for SoO or who recently came back to the game and have not yet completed the Legendary questline. I have no problem with there being cloaks on the loot table, and SoO was tuned around players not having the cloak. :|
    Why do people keep saying this like it's true.

Deleted
    It's good for guilds like mine, we are raiding in 5.4 for the first time since Lich King mainly due to us being an all out PvP guild. Now that we enjoy hc raiding again, it can be good if cloaks drop :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    Typical elitest thinking everyone is going to have a cloak. jeez
    After a year farming towards it it's easy to forget for anyone, not just elitists, unlike the next thing you're going to forget....

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    and SoO was tuned around players not having the cloak. :|
    If that were true all the world first race guilds would be 14/14H right now due to having dps boosts on their characters above what the instance is tuned for.

Cloaks dropping in normal isn't a big deal. If you're seriously pushing Heroics without a 600 cloak, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    It's not elitist at all, Blizz themself stated that the content is tuned for people having the cloak.
    Probably the reason why the only (?) cloaks are trashdrops, instead of bossloot.
    The content is tuned under the assumption that the majority of the raid has a cloak, but that doesn't mean that Blizzard expects 100% of all raiding characters to have cloaks. People have alts and rerolls and the like happen.

Hell, in my ten man raid we have three people without them - two are on alts because they switched characters mid-expac, and one just came back to the game after a long haitus and is too far behind to realistically catch up.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    This would have been the best solution. On 10s we've had 3 cloak drops in 2 weeks from bosses (including 1 hc) that all went to shards. Gutting when only 2 drops per boss and 1 is useless.

This is my main issue with these damn cloaks as well. Specially at the beginning on Heroic content where every upgrade counts relatively much compared to Normal, it's just so annoying when one out of two drops is a fucking cloak. Everyone of our raiders have the Legendary cloak and we'd never recruit someone who didn't have it. So there we go, GG at DE'ing valuable loot that not a single fucking person can use.

I get it, that not everyone will have a Legendary cloak and that's fine. But wouldn't a better idea have been to tie them to the Timeless Isle rep or let them be the reward for killing the Celestials or all rare mobs or anything like that. Cause honestly it feels like Blizz is just being wankers towards those who did in fact do the entire Legendary quest line from the beginning to obtain their cloaks as fast as humanly possible.

We only have 2 legendary cloaks (actually 3, one raider has two chars with the cloak but that doesn't really count!) in our 10m guild as we started raiding two weeks ago after an 8-9 month break. Until we've caught up with the meta gems and legendary cloaks which really hold us back DPS/HPS wise we appreciate any upgrades, even in the form of cloaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They certainly shouldn't drop from heroics and they should have a valor vendor for them for the lazy people (yeah, I did say lazy)
    Good to know you consider me lazy because I had to take a break during Tier 14 to deal with real life matters. I guess I should expect to not get the Legendary because I missed a few months, and then suffered bad RNG / Luck with the Sigils, right?

On the other hand, chances are I do more raiding then you now, put more effort in, and will be doing a higher level of content, but I'm the lazy guy who shouldn't be allowed nice things!