Deleted

Which class which prof? And gathering profs?

Hello,

I've never been into professions, but I want to change that. I've also never been an alts person, but I want to changed that also. So I have a question, how do I choose which class I want when I want to level a certain prof? It seems like all profs provide more or less the same buffs to your class for raiding, but some are better than others, like in the case of warriors, engineering and blacksmithing are noted as better than the rest. What if I wanted to role a hunter with alchemy? I want alchemy because it compliments my main, but is it the best for a hunter?

Also another question, alchemy requires herbalism, but gathering profs don't provide as good a raid buff. How do you choose which char will be the...'gathering character'. I mean, if I wanted to raid with the hunter with alchemy, I'd probably want to drop the gathering prof, but then I will have to level another char to have herbalism on.

Please help me out here, thanks.

Hi,
    I found that frost Mages benefit from herbalism, since they like haste. Also every tank likes mining, with other profs(alch, jc, blacks) you can swap from mastery, dodge, stam or whatever so you can adapt into your progression, and mining limits you to only stamina, but I find it's a good choice, since overall, stamina is always useful and a priority stat.

My gathering character is a 90 druid with 310 flying and the gather-speed gloves off of Korda Torros.

My raid character has Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting for flexible perks. Most classes benefit so much more from primary stats that the BS/JC combo outweighs anything you might get from gathering professions.

Aside from that, I take alchemy on every character I possibly can (for transmutes) and weave Engi/Tailor/LW in with those for extra daily CDs.

Generally speaking you want to have crafting professions on your main character, because they give the best bonusses. Which crafting professions that are depends on your class. But Blacksmithing is allways high on the list, simply because it provides an extra two gem slots. Those slots allow it to match or exceed (in the case of secondary stats) any other profession that awards passive stats, which are every profession except Engineering and Tailoring. Engineering gives an on use effect that can end up being better than passive stats because you can stack it with cooldowns. Tailoring gives a proc that can also be stacked with cooldowns, but it has some RNG to it.

Professions in general have a very low effect on your DPS, but I'd recommend to stay away from Mining in all cases. If you are a tank you're better of with Blacksmithing, because that allows more freedom on your part and it still has uses for off-specs.

Deleted
    Fury warr: JC + BS (boosted crit gems, extra socket slot for crit gem) since u favor crit mostly.
    Ele shaman: same as warrior for mastery gems / extra gem slot