Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    So you're saying that Blizzard won't do this? I would bet pretty much everything I own that they will.
    I'm going to hold you to this. When character model updates are not put in the Blizzard store, you'll be hearing from me. Cheers.

this is the single dumbest thing i have ever heard. EVER. People like you with these stupid dumb ass ideas is what is ruining everything. the backlash from this would be incredible. I for one have never and will never buy anything from the store. and if they did this i would unsub immediately and never buy another one of their games

Blizzard would never do this for the same reason they didn't make you pay when they updated spell graphics.

I don;t understand why so many people care about the higher res char models, let alone would pay a cent for it. 90% of the time you are covered in gear, and staring at anything on the screen aside from your character, trying to avoid and control the game. I wouldn't even pay a cent for them if they were on the store, or care for that matter, because once im in game and not on the loading screen, I'd never notice the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Ignore the topic, he is trying to troll. He does this all the time. New character models should not be put into the cash shop, plain and simple.
    That was my take on it too, but for the sake of argument I think it is imperative that everyone has the same race models.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks... I think in the hundreds of dollars I've spent on WoW through the years I deserve better models for fucking free.

The worst proposal ever. Why would they put a price on character models? It is Blizzard's job to update their game, without a fee. Character models aren't your normal transaction payment like a mount or pet. There would be inconsistent models among all players, and it will disturb the balance a lot. Maybe if you proposed hairstyles,then yes that may be a much better option. But a whole model? No.

I feel like the OP's proposal is purely troll bait. Seems to be indicated through his responses too. I really hope this gets closed if this is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward in the near future to have my Troll toons getting updated models... I probably would pay for its updated model just because most of my toons are Trolls as an altoholic, but i extremely hope Blizzard won't put updated models in the cash shop because why should improving graphics become another part of Blizzard's microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    I don;t understand why so many people care about the higher res char models, let alone would pay a cent for it. 90% of the time you are covered in gear, and staring at anything on the screen aside from your character, trying to avoid and control the game. I wouldn't even pay a cent for them if they were on the store, or care for that matter, because once im in game and not on the loading screen, I'd never notice the difference
    It's kind of nice to get updated graphics. You're horribly mistaken when you say you won't notice it. A new model isn't just someone hiding under gear; gear is changed by the model too. While the actual gear textures won't get updated, the way they're animated will be. Seems noticeable, but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Selling raids would be dumb because only 10% of the population are in normal raiding guilds, probably less. Maybe... 20-30% do LFR. It wouldn't make sense to put effort into selling raids.

Character models are a different story though. EVERYONE would be interested in it. 100% of the player base would be the target. Elitists, horrible players, people of all skill levels, pvper's, people who just sit in SW all day running around would all be interested in it, not just a small percentage.
    It's a bad idea because many players wouldn't stand for it is the point.

Implementing character models as store-only is not on the same footing as "a store mount or pet" every few months.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A win for Blizzard maybe, the playerbase no way. Charging cash for something that would take up so much development time would open a nasty can of worms. One of the biggest reasons they have been so slow switching things out is the programing and art that goes into it. It is highly unlikely it would be worth that time if they only got money from cash shop people. If they change the art work for orcs they don't just do the ones we play they do all or most of the NPCs also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    You wouldn't see it as much on your character, you would see it on the NPCs all over since they aren't covered the same way.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop calling the OP a troll just because you don't like the idea

I've lurked for a while, but OP is actually trolling. He has posted this EXACT same post in the past. The last time he posted it was directly after Blizzard put the Store helms on sale.

Its funny, cause I made a thread saying they would sell it, and people said they would be okay with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amashatola View Post
    this is the single dumbest thing i have ever heard. EVER. People like you with these stupid dumb ass ideas is what is ruining everything. the backlash from this would be incredible. I for one have never and will never buy anything from the store. and if they did this i would unsub immediately and never buy another one of their games
    no you would keep playing and continue to pay them more money, like every other player in this thread.

The new models should be an option in some way. It could be a simple Interface menu toggle... or, sure, if they wanted to monetize it, charge a nominal fee for the new models. I'd pay it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Stop calling the OP a troll just because you don't like the idea
    Indeed.

I would actually be in support of the idea. The Transmog helms are proof folks would pay for the aesthetics if given the option.

I would not be surprised at all if Blizzard goes this route though I doubt they actually would.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    The new models should be an option in some way. It could be a simple Interface menu toggle... or, sure, if they wanted to monetize it, charge a nominal fee for the new models. I'd pay it.
    Now that I think about it. I would rather they set the price to 50$, release the best models ever and buy it. If these thread reactions are any indication, I would enjoy seeing people rage at my pixels.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is pretty pricey as is. I wouldn't pay for the new models meaning I would use the old skin among all the new models which would make the game look very weird. Also whats the point of a subscription fee if something that you deal with 24/7 now comes at a cost? The mounts and the helms are not something you are required to deal with 24/7.

- - - Updated - - -

From a players and consumers stand point it is a terrible idea. Remember hurting your consumers in such a way is bad for your company

Look at Microsoft's Xbone as an example. Rebuying old games, unable to buy used games, etc. Amazon/Game stop/other sources of pre orders showed that well.... Microsoft messed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say let them do it. A stupid idea like this would hurt them more than Diablo III, CRZ, and all other issues / bug fixes combined.