Poll: Does it exist?

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    So, someone asking you to try harder is a shitback. cool.

No, absolutely its the manner the message is delivered in. Just something that seems to fly over a lot of peoples heads, people aren't logging in for their LFR run to have some normal/heroic raider or captain try-hard tell them they aren't pulling their weight. Likewise, if you're carrying the group what are you gaining from spreading your superiority bullshit over to other people. Sit there doing 15% of the damage, get your VP and move on.

It is absolutely being a shitbag when you tell someone "u mad cuz u bad" in the LFR environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Or has you have seen the OP if you wish to stay as part of the group it is better to keep your criticism to yourself. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."
    Again, I always call people out for slacking. AFKing, Only AAing the boss etc. I've never been kicked for it. I don;t insult, or curse when I do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    then you shouln't call it 'being a child', it leads to mistakes
    Fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    No but calling someone a child when they are probably classed as an adult certainly is an insult.

You need to read my posts a little better before trying to claim the high ground here. I have worked for over 12+ years and in that time yeh i've been shouted at insulted etc. I took it on the chin but doesnt mean its not nice. Most jobs I work in now I know my rights and if I make a mistake or do something wrong etc I will get pulled up on it by my boss. I would get told what went wrong and whats expected of me but I would not expect personal insults. Anything like you fucked up get it right etc yeh fine thats OK I can take that. But if they said something like you fucking cunt get it together they just made it personal. The latter was something that happened to me when I was new at a job and the manager just snapped as he was having a bad day. HR got involved and he quickly apologized.

The fact you don't even see you calling someone else a child as not an insult is a bit odd though to me.
    Being a child isn't a bad thing. Its not like I'm calling you a moron. We are all children at some point in time. Some of us just haven't grown up enough yet. Taking criticism is part of life. AGain, LFR isn't a job, it isn;t work, and there are no policies regarding "criticism in the raiding places."

This is precisely the target audience for LFR if you hadn't noticed. Don't buy the PR bullshit from Blizzard.

After my LFR last night I have lost all Faith in Hunters. We had 3 separate hunters all face pull the boss before the raid was ready. Causing 3 wipes we wiped a total of 5 times on the boss. But after our first wipe at 3% we decided to boot anyone under 100k DPS, getting rid of 4 dps that were lower than the tank on DPS helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I did LFR the other day and called out a guy that was doing 30k dps. Immediately, the guy responded with a "STFU" and I told the guy that he needed to up his dps, he was pretty upset about it and I said "you're mad because you're bad" or something along those lines. Long story short, I got the boot from the run, despite carrying it up to that point. I talked with some of my other guildies and they told me they encountered something very similar, they would carry the run, and if someone wasn't performing well, anyone that called that person out would get the boot, and the bad player wouldn't be touched. You'd get lots of responses like "it's only LFR", but yeah, we only wiped 5 times lol.

My guild and I speculated, there's almost like a union when it comes to bad players, you call one out, and the others will get angry with you, as opposed to the under performing guy, just because they are angry from all of the years that they themselves were called out for underperforming. Because of this, they will boot the guy who was actually helping them down the boss, because it's their way of getting revenge against all of the players that used to kick them back in the day. Anyone else ever have an experience like this? Does the bad player union exist?
    The reason I would have voted to kick you or even initiated the vote is because maybe you are "carrying" the raid, but just as the 30k dps is dispensible, so is high dps. Maybe itll take more attempts, but the satisfaction of kicking someone out of a raid and knowing theyre pissed off and confused why you would ever take a 30k dps player over them is priceless.

Theres also the issue of how you're "calling" someone out. You're in the LFR. No matter what you tell them they're not going to be doing better, and its not like they probably think at all that theyre actuall doing well. The calling out is redundant then unless you are trying to get votes for a kick, which, well, then the irony of being kicked instead of the person you were trying to kick, is again, priceless.
    Last edited by Uvwaex; 2013-09-24 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    hahah bad player union. Does one pay dues to get into the bad player union? do you get benefits and vacation pay for the bad player union? do I get a bad union mandated 15 minute lfr afk break? Do I have to go on bad union strike for a barganing agreement?

Seriously though if your asking is their solidarity among players I hope so. One player talking down to another shouldn't really engender praise for the asshole talking down to others. In fact my suspicion is that the player in the OPS little story there did a little bit mroe than simple point out the guy doing 30k dps...
    So your saying hes an asshole because hes telling the player whos hardly contributing to the raid to help a bit more? Dat logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You can say whatever you like about my cock in public, I do not care at all. I would even let you see it if you wanted to.

Again, asking someone to pull their weight isn't an insult. LFR isn't an office. You owe it to your fellow raiders to pull your weight.
    Is it or isn't it? If it isn't, why do you want people to perform their best and not let them have "fun". Contradictions all the time. But some people argue for the sake of argueing...

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Yet you can play the game for fun and not be a burden to your team. If you indeed do play for fun then you must know your basic rotation and situational awarness- if you suck in those in a lfr and you do love this game then you seriously do deserve every criticizm and rudness; so that in the future you will actually l2p and not be the one that is getting called out, which means enjoying the game even more.
    You seem to be labouring under the impression that people get their gratification from this game by exclusively being good at playing it. Are you new to MMOs?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No, absolutely its the manner the message is delivered in. Just something that seems to fly over a lot of peoples heads, people aren't logging in for their LFR run to have some normal/heroic raider or captain try-hard tell them they aren't pulling their weight. Likewise, if you're carrying the group what are you gaining from spreading your superiority bullshit over to other people. Sit there doing 15% of the damage, get your VP and move on.

It is absolutely being a shitbag when you tell someone "u mad cuz u bad" in the LFR environment.
    I am not an normal raider and I hate Heroic mode with a passion. I do however run flex with my guild and LFR on my own, I despise people who go into LFR and AFK, auto attack, or just plain suck. Why do you need better gear if all you are going to do is be a waste of a raid spot?

You can say whatever you like about my cock in public, I do not care at all. I would even let you see it if you wanted to.

Again, asking someone to pull their weight isn't an insult. LFR isn't an office. You owe it to your fellow raiders to pull your weight.
    You owe it to them to participate, nothing more. Besides, the whole point of raid finder is to have a chance to do things for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    So your saying hes an asshole because hes telling the player whos hardly contributing to the raid to help a bit more? Dat logic.
    How would a player that obviously cant contribute much contribute more?

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Is it or isn't it? If it isn't, why do you want people to perform their best and not let them have "fun". Contradictions all the time. But some people argue for the sake of argueing...
    Well, it can't literally be an office. I want others to try their best, because killing the boss is the point of the raid, and to do that, people need to try to reach that goal. If you aren't having fun while trying your best to kill that boss, WoW isn't for you. No contradictions at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    You owe it to them to participate, nothing more. Besides, the whole point of raid finder is to have a chance to do things for yourself.
    By participate, that means, pull your weight, and not just AFK... right? Yes? Then we agree?

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I am not an normal raider and I hate Heroic mode with a passion. I do however run flex with my guild and LFR on my own, I despise people who go into LFR and AFK, auto attack, or just plain suck. Why do you need better gear if all you are going to do is be a waste of a raid spot?
    Why is gear a factor? Someone plays the game, they are crap at it but they aren't an asshole. In my mind I'd rather my server, hell ALL servers were populated with likeminded people. You really think achieving shit in WoW means anything? So why the need to trash talk someone who has other priorities.

Any LFR encounter can be carried by 3-4 players. The rest only have to do 30k DpS. So why get so annoyed by it, you're not going to convince the LFR audience that they should be taking this game more seriously, if anything you just make the people who take this game seriously look like a bunch of fuck wits.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    How would a player that obviously cant contribute much contribute more?
    You are mistaking CAN't with WON'T. That player literally refuses to do much. Thats the problem here.

Wrong union...you fell prey to the anti-asshole union.

Like so many posters already have said: why even bother with LFR if you get worked up that much that you feel to insult people. But I guess it says more about those people, because they have the need to "be" superior to others. They are as bad as the majority of the players, but now they can think they are better for once...

Well, it can't literally be an office. I want others to try their best, because killing the boss is the point of the raid, and to do that, people need to try to reach that goal. If you aren't having fun while trying your best to kill that boss, WoW isn't for you. No contradictions at all.

- - - Updated - - -

By participate, that means, pull your weight, and not just AFK... right? Yes? Then we agree?
    We aren't talking about AKFers, we're talking about people who simply aren't that good for one reason or another. Call out the first all you want, but if you do it to the second, you're being an ass. End of story.

Deleted
    You are mistaking CAN't with WON'T. That player literally refuses to do much. Thats the problem here.
    Why would that be a problem?

If you are saying LFR is overtuned for it's intended audience, then I can see that. otherwise I';m not sure what point you are making.

As regards to the OP, all those people who are defending him saying it is fair enough that he gives people grief for poor play are ignoring the really crucial thing - giving people shit doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You seem to be labouring under the impression that people get their gratification from this game by exclusively being good at playing it. Are you new to MMOs?
    http://www.learntocounter.com/i-play-for-fun-the-four-dumbest-words-in-video-games

For the most part, I agree with this article. There's no point playing a multiplayer game if all you're going to do is be a burden on everyone you encounter.
    Last edited by Shahad; 2013-09-24 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying that wow isn't for them just because they are not supper excited about maximizing their dps is debatable :P I see LFR as a means to an end once I've ran it a couple of times- to get better gear so it's easier to do other things i enjoy.