Thread: When to go DW?

When to go DW?

So I want to switch from 2h to DW cause the play style is easier. Current ilvl is 567 with a 574 upgraded weapon. I can switch it out for a Hellscream's Doomblade and Xifeng (lfr version) but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nngrior/simple
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

Use simcraft to figure it out for yourself.

I'd say keep using the 2H, but simcraft will let you know for sure.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    The plusside with 2h is that you can easily swap between frost and unholy?

But yeah, you could just try dual-wielding and test it out in flex or something. You'll lose quite much damage though since it's a 1h that's a LFR version.

Deleted
    Wait until you get 2 one handed normal weapon, lfr weaps would be dps loss.

Deleted
    You shouldn't switch before you get a heroic MH. OH ilvl isn't that important though and you should be fine using a non-heroic one.

Deleted
    why should the playstyle easier in DW ? tryd it out and i find 2H much more easier. in DW i have the problem how to spend my UH Runes in a good way!? any helps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsai View Post
    why should the playstyle easier in DW ? tryd it out and i find 2H much more easier. in DW i have the problem how to spend my UH Runes in a good way!? any helps?
    Plague Strike to apply blood plague > obliterate (only to dump unholy runes though), don't bother with Death and Decay, if Obliterate procs Rime its DPET is blown out of the water.

@ OP: Wait till you get a heroic main-hand weapon so you can throw the Doomblade in your offhand (as Nedda said, off-hand ilvl isn't too important)

Thanks for the reply's. I might get lucky next week and get a weapon.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

High-end (heroic geared) DW frost uses the mastersimple priority, dropping both soul reaper and obliterate from the rotation. One of the simplest priorities since old arcane mages.

Deleted
    iam currently at 562 ... when i play DW i have so much downtimes especially when iam not using OB to spend my UH Runes. running with arround 5k haste. dont know what iam doing wrong-.-

@karsai

not sure why you have downtime, are you using plague leech and ams glyph? those give u a lot of rune power especially if u use ur ams correctly. im 566 ilvl and i run 4k haste and i still have no downtime. if u soak with ur ams correctly and use plague leech often you shouldnt have any downtime.

Deleted
    is the usage of PL the same than by 2h ? or as DW i will use PL as often as i can?

is the usage of PL the same than by 2h ? or as DW i will use PL as often as i can?
    I am still new to DW, but it seems like PL fits MUCH better into their rotation (since you don't NEED diseases up for Oblits)

I PL as often as possible. Strip Diseases > Two Death Runes > 2 HB > then get Blood Plague up next Unholy Rune

This has really helped fill the gaps that were in my rotation from when I was using Roiling Boil (lol)

Deleted
    I've heard that the breakpoint is roughly 530+ ilvl -- meaning that it'll definitely improve your characters perfomance in the state of the current gear you've got.