Numbers of dungeons/sce

While afking in SW I was taking a look at dungeon journal for some fun transmog. But was surprised!

Vanilla had 18 5men dungeons
    BC 16
    Wolk 16
    Cata 14
    Mop 6.. + 6 hsce

Sure MoP has Scenario now, but if you want to gear to lvl or pre-raid you ..have Hsce? even Hsc doesn't have high chance to give something (on 3 lvl90 and a total of about 30-35 hsce I got 3 loots.

Just find it sad. My personal favorite 5man of last expensions were from last patch (icc heroics and ds heroics). We got nothing to go with SoO, I hope 5.5 will give us at least 2 nice Hsce to prepare for next xpac.

You have the timeless isle to gear for "pre-raid"

I know you have the isle. But do you really enjoy it? got bored already. And for capping Valor, I prefer running dungeons (or Hsc now but nobody does them anymore since last patch). Anyway just saying we get some new 5man/sce next patch!

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    I know you have the isle. But do you really enjoy it? got bored already. And for capping Valor, I prefer running dungeons (or Hsc now but nobody does them anymore since last patch). Anyway just saying we get some new 5man/sce next patch!
    My server is still filled with spam for H scen

Got gear on half my H scens, you had some very bad luck

TBC had several "dungeons" that were just "wings" of the same place. All four Auchindoun dungeons, all three Hellfire dungeons (possibly except Ramps which had outdoor segments... kind of like an early version of a scenario) all three Serpentshrine dungeons and all three Netherstorm dungeons just reused the same assets, they were one dungeon stretched into 3-4. And it showed. I think Blizzard was following the "wing" model they used in Vanilla when they split up Scarlet Monastery.

Similarly Wrath padded out Utgarde Keep/Pinnacle into two, Nexus/Oculus into two (although Occ was quite different due to the vehicles), Ahn'kahet/Azjol-Nerub, Drak'Tharon/Gundrak, HoS/HoL, and the three ICC dungeons.

Also, in MoP they've moved resources over so you get fewer dungeons and more raid bosses per tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    How many times do you run a dungeon before you're bored of it? For me it's about 5-10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody enjoys running heroics. They are a means to an end. Doesn't bother me whether there are 2 or 20 to choose from - just want to blast through them and get VP.

Heroic scenarios are slightly more interesting depending on whether you go with 3 dps, or dps/tank/heal or whatever, and I quite like the stages they have.

I liked the Barrens weekly quest. In raid gear you could just grind on mobs for ~1hr and get all the coins, greens, cloth and gold, and then 200 VP at the end.

The Isle weekly 200 VP sucks. The place is camped and drop rate on the items is terrible, even on the elites.

So how you guys cap your VP? Weekly isle and some Hsc and 5man?

And yeah Hsce are fun (dunno why it doesn't have ilvl requirement now tho because 2 days ago I got a group with 2 guys in 434ilvl doing 30k dps..) I almost get the same feeling than running 3.3 and 4.3 Heroics.

Deleted
    What about flex and lfr?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Nobody enjoys running heroics. They are a means to an end. Doesn't bother me whether there are 2 or 20 to choose from - just want to blast through them and get VP.

Heroic scenarios are slightly more interesting depending on whether you go with 3 dps, or dps/tank/heal or whatever, and I quite like the stages they have.

I liked the Barrens weekly quest. In raid gear you could just grind on mobs for ~1hr and get all the coins, greens, cloth and gold, and then 200 VP at the end.

The Isle weekly 200 VP sucks. The place is camped and drop rate on the items is terrible, even on the elites.
    I'm the opposite, I thought the Barrens weekly sucked. It was so boring just endlessly grinding mops and the same mobs. I don't love dailies but enjoy them more than the barrens weekly. Personally I can do heroic dungeons a lot, in fact 5 mans are the most fun aspect of this game for me but MOP sure was lacking in that dept. Scenarios are alright but some of the early ones felt extremely boring and it felt more like an interactive story than a game (listen to people talk, kill one thing, listen to people talk, etc, etc...) rather than the classic 5 man group.