View Poll Results: Will you continue subscription?

Voters
445. This poll is closed
  • Yes

217 48.76%
  • No

228 51.24%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    not if they nerf warriors again

I won't, but I will probably return in the future to see how it's getting on.

For the time being, I'm bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    All of the previous options were objectively false, and you put the lying accusation last. Therefore, by process of elimination, you are calling me a liar. Unless you would prefer a priority system, in which case you are again accusing me of being a white knight towards this game. Which brings me to my next point.

I literally was just moments ago told that all I do is bitch about this game. You guys need to get your shit figured out: Am I a hater or a white knight? I obviously can't be both.

Jesus Christ, fucking internet... This is why we can't have nice things...
    Yes Kalyyn. Thumbs up! "You're right"!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Thank you! That's all I ever really wanted.
    La raggione si da agli stupidi - Never argue with a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    If you're on your first class to 50, you have more than enough quests.
    I wouldn't use the expression: "more than enough". In fact, there are barely enough quests. That said, the leveling experiences is designed in a way that expects you to have run every dungeons once, twice or thrice. To have done every hest, trial and to have participated in quite a few fates during "exploration".

The moment you unlock your secondary toon you're screwed though. For one, there were barely enough quest for your first avatar, let alone a secondary. But the biggest problem (and stupidest thing I've ever seen in an MMO) is that the side-quest hubs are directly linked to your story-line.

I thought the story-line was utter shit, so I wanted to skip it completely until I became aware of the fact that a story-line quest unlocked a whole village of exclamation marks upon completion. Obviously this pissed me off, because it meant I was forced into long, boring, audio-less walls of text which weren't always 'skippable' by spamming escape, just to unlock quests which had nothing - whatsoever - to do with the actual story-line.

SE copied lot's of stuff from many different MMOs without improving them. That's pure lazyness. The story-line should have been like GW2: Optional. The quest-hubs should not have been linked to your personal story. Etc...
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-10-03 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yes Kalyyn. Thumbs up! "You're right"'!
    Thank you! That's all I ever really wanted.

Already renewed for 90 days.

personally I just go thought the game in a pretty chill mode (lv 41 atm) so I am still entertained :3

cant wait till housing comes out and we can start making furniture and stuff >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you are not amused. That is unfortunate, I was beginning to enjoy this banter. C'est la vie.

Just as a recap though (I feel you may have lost sight of what I was actually saying)
    I claimed the lag issue was not widespread. I honestly and genuinely believed this to be true at the time.
    You countered that is was, in fact, a widespread problem. Shortly after, I realized that you were correct about this. I admitted as such. You never responded to my concession. You then told me I was experiencing the same lag you were, and that I either was too stupid to understand it, or lying about it. I explained that I knew for a fact that not everyone had lag issues, which you interpreted as me once again saying that it was a small problem, despite that not at all being the case. At that point I just said fuck all and started posting whatever I felt would be most entertaining, because I realized that regardless of my efforts to explain that my arguments no longer actually contradicted yours, you seemed to have long before decided that you didn't like me and that I couldn't be right about anything.

I'm open to the possibility that this didn't happen the way I perceived it, though. If you perhaps have something to say on the matter? But aside from that, the "white knight" accusations are getting really old, I really have to mention that. If you stepped into literally any other thread, you would see that I've been critical of this game at most every turn. "I'm not lagging" does not equate to "this game is perfect". Hell, if you go back far enough if my post history, you would likely see a post from some time last year proclaiming that FF14 was the "absolute worst MMO I've ever played, including a chinese WoW knock-off I once stumbled upon".

Well, I'm afraid that's all from me for tonight. Gotta sleep some time, right? I'll check back in the morning to see if this develops at all.
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2013-10-03 at 08:26 AM.

Yes Kalyyn. Thumbs up! "You're right"!

I wouldn't use the expression: "more than enough". In fact, there are barely enough quests. That said, the leveling experiences is designed in a way that expects you to have run every dungeons once, twice or thrice. To have done every hest, trial and to have participated in quite a few fates during "exploration".

The moment you unlock your secondary toon you're screwed though. For one, there were barely enough quest for your first avatar, let alone a secondary. But the biggest problem (and stupidest thing I've ever seen in an MMO) is that the side-quest hubs are directly linked to your story-line.

I thought the story-line was utter shit, so I wanted to skip it completely until I became aware of the fact that a story-line quest unlocked a whole village of exclamation marks upon completion. Obviously this pissed me off, because it meant I was forced into long, boring, audio-less walls of text which weren't always 'skippable' by spamming escape, just to unlock quests which had nothing - whatsoever - to do with the actual story-line.

SE copied lot's of stuff from many different MMOs without improving them. That's pure lazyness. The story-line should have been like GW2: Optional. The quest-hubs should not have been linked to your personal story. Etc...
    honestly, why players like you keep logging into the game I dont understand. I havea player like that in my FC, he is just waiting for Elder Scrolls online, and all he does when he is online is bash the game and how bored he is... when I ask him why he is even online his answer is that its the only new MMO available and bla bla bla.... its like god damnit lol.

so you dont like the main story line which for you is boring, well gues what, for me its the best main story quest line ive ever experienced. and yes ive played gw2, rift, wow, swtor. so Again, different experiences. stop trying to put YOUR view of the game off as fact. its not fact, its how you see it. and if you see it that way. why keep logging in. why keep visiting these forums???

some players put off that this game is not worth subbing to as a straight up fact. I dont understand those people. ok fair enuff you dont feel like its worth your time or Money. but Theres hundreds of thousand people WHO feel like it IS worth subbing to. lets agree to disagree? and if you belong to the ones WHO dont feel like it, then by all Means stop playing. BOOM easy fix

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd feel dumb to sub to this game. Im a huge fan of SE since back when they were just called "Square." Loved and hated my fair share of releases. Been a fan of MMOs for almost as long.

This game is not a gift to the MMO scene. This game is just simply a fanservice to people like me in an MMO format.

There is still potential. People say to wait till next patch, but 'next patch' could be 3-4 months after release. Honestly, dont expect 2.1 to come out before Nov. Im guessing early December. I might sub then but I might just wait a few more patches or even an expansion for the game to mature. There is glaring problems with the game that cause me far more frustration than enjoyment to play.

Also, worst community ive ever seen in an MMO.

To Summarise 90% of the posts <insert blanket complaint about MMOs> plus its dead a dead game if the pop is less than WoW's.

Morons, this game has been out for little more than a Month (servers have breached capacity more than once) vs 8 years of WoW.

Deleted
    Tried it, thought it was shit, went back to /sigh... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    honestly, why players like you keep logging into the game I dont understand. I havea player like that in my FC, he is just waiting for Elder Scrolls online, and all he does when he is online is bash the game and how bored he is... when I ask him why he is even online his answer is that its the only new MMO available and bla bla bla.... its like god damnit lol.

so you dont like the main story line which for you is boring, well gues what, for me its the best main story quest line ive ever experienced. and yes ive played gw2, rift, wow, swtor. so Again, different experiences. stop trying to put YOUR view of the game off as fact. its not fact, its how you see it. and if you see it that way. why keep logging in. why keep visiting these forums???

some players put off that this game is not worth subbing to as a straight up fact. I dont understand those people. ok fair enuff you dont feel like its worth your time or Money. but Theres hundreds of thousand people WHO feel like it IS worth subbing to. lets agree to disagree? and if you belong to the ones WHO dont feel like it, then by all Means stop playing. BOOM easy fix
    I'm sorry Jimmy, but did I say anything that's not true? Yes, the part about the story-line is my opinion but that's obvious without having to put the disclaimer: "DIS IS MAI OPINIUN", right?

According to this poll, (granted it's meaningless in the grand scale of things) it's not some people that think the game isn't worth subbing to.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to this poll, (granted it's meaningless in the grand scale of things) it's not some people that think the game isn't worth subbing to.
    Because its not possible for people like yourself or others who are Pro-WoW or any other MMO to make fake accounts and spam poll numbers to shift in towards a negative result?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Once you put people like that on /ignore then your gaming experience will soar.
    You cared enough to post.

I'm sorry Jimmy, but did I say anything that's not true? Yes, the part about the story-line is my opinion but that's obvious without having to put the disclaimer: "DIS IS MAI OPINIUN", right?

Honestly i dont consider this poll fact in anyway. What you need to keep in mind is that 98% of the people who frequent these forums are either still gaming wow or is an ex wow player. That really skewers the view on this game. Almost everyone in my fc use other sites like xivnation.com, make this poll on that sites forum and you get another result, guaranteed. So to sum up, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you dislike this game so much, then why play it? And why use these forums?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I will continue to play and plan to resub for a long while yet.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the irritating crafting system? Hell no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Also, worst community ive ever seen in an MMO.
    Personally, I think there's two things. On my server, I'd consider them to be the best MMO community I've ever ran across. People help others in /sh, not too much bitching, people are general civilized. So from an in game perspective on my server I've had about say 98% positive encounters in dungeon and out in the world.

BUT the second I switch over to the FF14 forum or a forum ABOUT FF14 (mmo-champ gets leniency only because it's not just about FF14), it is a WHOLE new ball game. That being, the forum's are generally the lesser side of the actual players, but forum community on EVERY forum I've seen that isn't more say clique'd and way more open to public opinion, god they're just hilariously terrible. It's like satan opened his mouth and just vomited up humans and said, please log into this forum and go for it! I only go there if I wanna lol or die inside, or both...
    Last edited by Tazila; 2013-10-03 at 01:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just from this one page I can tell I don't want to read the thread at all, but I'll throw my hat in anyways:

I really wish there was a third option in this poll, because even a subscription isn't as cut and dry as yes/no. I voted no, but only because I'm not sure how I will handle the subscription going forward. I enjoy the game a great deal, but it's not a priority for me. I'm not even max level in one class yet and have only scratched the surface of what the game has to offer in regards to that.

Right now it seems like there is not a lot of endgame, but I'm not even concerned with that. To be frank though, I don't feel ok with paying a subscription just to level anymore. It's an unnaceptable thing to ask, when it's a service that has already been rendered at the moment its design was complete. I don't feel that I should be paying for bug fixes or future content that I might not ever see.

So in a nutshell, the game is great and I do intend to keep playing it. Since I've decided to take it slow and also have other games taking my time, I'm having my hand forced with the subscription. I honestly don't know what I will do until I'm cut off. As it is, I may set it aside until I have more time. At which point the lower level queues will likely be more dried up than they are now and the game will be frustrating, driving me away.

Really this all points back to the subscription model, but not in the way most people want to leverage it. Subscriptions work in a vacuum, but not in reality. Not many people are going to play a plethora of subscriptions, while only having time to dabble in a few of them. It's not satisfying to me and feels like a waste of money. Potentially they only care about the people who like the game enough to commit to it alone, which is great for those players, but I don't think it's a good strategy to have anymore.

So...I feel my time with FFXIV may be coming to and end prematurely, as the last two weeks I've had almost no time to play it.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Because its not possible for people like yourself or others who are Pro-WoW or any other MMO to make fake accounts and spam poll numbers to shift in towards a negative result?
    Who would really bother making new email, making new account just to put another +1 on No I won't subscribe. If someone would do that, which I highly question that person would be really pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    Who would really bother making new email, making new account just to put another +1 on No I won't subscribe. If someone would do that, which I highly question that person would be really pathetic.
    The guy who has done nothing but bash the game but heavily promotes WoW as noted by his sig?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)