Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Bots > Players - The Game Isn't Dead, But Playing it is

So it's official... I used to as a joke exaggerate by saying, "why is every single person on my team in the random BG a bot??"

I just finished an 85-89 warsong on my mage... And every single player inside of it was a bot on my team.

When the match started, they all stood still for about 5 seconds, and then basically just started patrolling around our flag room. Of course, nobody went for their flag, because they expect someone else to, (but seeing as everyone was a bot, nobody did.)

What's even worse? I couldn't cap the enemy flag because there were only TWO players on the OTHER team that weren't bots, and they happened to be a warrior and pocket healer.

So what I'm saying right now, with NO word of lie, is:

I JUST DID A WARSONG GULCH WHERE 17 OUT OF 20 PLAYERS WERE BOTS.

Why do people use bots? Is it to sell the accounts? Is there even a market for WoW accounts anymore?

I just want answers. ;'[

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

10+ Year Old Account
    The city of mental problems and bridge-jumpers, Finland
    There are bots for WoW :O
    This is the first time i hear of such... But the situation looks bad for PvP

Deleted
    On the rare occassions I did pvp, about 50% were bots, that's a year ago.

How do you know all of them were bots? Could be beginners who knew nothing. When I did WSG i TBC all I did was to stand in my own flag room and defending it... Just sayin'. Could be baddies, not bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why i don't PvP, along with the fact i'm terrible at it.
    The situation is dramatic, though.

Real money, the honor grind for a new toon, free levels while you're afk.... those are the usual reasons.

Free levels with 0 effort, need to reroll dat fotm class you know. Or people sell the accounts/get paied by someone to level up the account + getting full honor gear.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    How do you know all of them were bots? Could be beginners who knew nothing. When I did WSG i TBC all I did was to stand in my own flag room and defending it... Just sayin'. Could be baddies, not bots.
    When most of them are spinning around in circles and fucking doing 1 attack that's a bot lol

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    When most of them are spinning around in circles and fucking doing 1 attack that's a bot lol

Yeah, they were just doing patterns and such, it wasn't really debatable unfortunately. They're all together I found out. Just got into an EotS with them, and all they did was ran between DR and MT. Literally, just ran between the two back and forwards without doing anything but a quick AoE, maybe an auto-attack.

But, I'd assume the only reason they always get away with it is, "You can't report me for being an inexperienced player!"

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

thats unfortunate. i dont think ive ever cross bots in bgs. not counting juts general afkers or multi boxers.

They must be using some old ass free bot, my bot almost always top the healing done, using kind of cds, follow to the big figths or follow flag carrier/carts and shit.

Deleted
    I find it's worse at night.

Also, I watched a level 80 bot tank solo a WotLK dungeon boss a while back. We all reported him but now it's level 90 and still playing.

You can report them all day long but nothing ever seems to be done. I've even gone so far as to take names of players I've reported and checked them at a later date. They're still playing. What can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I find it's worse at night.

Also, I watched a level 80 bot tank solo a WotLK dungeon boss a while back. We all reported him but now it's level 90 and still playing.

You can report them all day long but nothing ever seems to be done. I've even gone so far as to take names of players I've reported and checked them at a later date. They're still playing. What can you do?
    Bots are hard paying customers, they'll never be banned. The only bots that you might see removed are hacked accounts and these bots will generally farm specific dungeons, herbs and ore or grind endlessly. Any bot in PvP is someone more than likely using something like HonorBuddy because they want to skip the gear farm before they do Rated PvP. And the thing is I don't blame them because if I knew I wouldn't get banned for it I definitely would. It's just not enjoyable getting raped over and over by fully honour geared/current conquest geared players and since Blizzard still seems to put an emphasis on gear progression in PvP it'll never change. And yeah, it's far worse at night. Botters know that there are less players at night, which means less likely to be reported. This in turn generates more Bot v Bot Games.

Deleted
    The simple answer i can give is that Blizzard are complete *insert insult here* and this is the effect you get for having Ghostcrawler and 50 IQ devs balance pvp.

Wherever i look, the game is unbalanced. PvP forums are dying, the top arena teams got names like "fix pvp retard Blizzard" or something similar, 2v2 3v3 and 5v5 are so similar i dont know where they get this "play 3v3" from. Its like:

2v2: 90% of the teams are disc priest+rogue.
    3v3: 90% of the teams are disc priests+rogue+warrior.
    5v5: 90% of the teams are disc priests+rogue+warrior+mage+hunter.

I havent played arena for a long time since i did arena when 2v2 mathered, warrior+holy paladin all the damn time in TBC, arena sucks and requires no skills at all.

Only FOTMs do arena and im a player that enjoys playing it at my style.

And ofcourse i cant get high rating with that because my spec is either overpowered or crap.

Anyone who argues that this game is about balance are making me sick. Some people told me to l2p. I check rated teams, 0 players with my spec. I check bgs, noone plays my spec.

And im starting to think im a bad player.

Then all of sudden Blizzard buffs it to overpowered and suddenly i dont need any skills whatsoever to be successfull in rated games or bgs. And suddenly 90% of all players are playing my spec.

Thats proof enough that this game requires no skills. I got to high rating in 2v2 a long time ago playing SL SL warlock by being semiafk, dont tell me its different now, it sure as hell isnt after seeing the arena brackets.

So basically, the ones who wants to enjoy their specs can only do battlegrounds because duels are frustrating and world pvp is * up. And battlegrounds sucks because of stuns, stuns, stuns, stuns, stuns all the time. So it ends with people ragequiting this crap game.

Its funny how Ghostcrawler said that he wanted CC to be smaller and he gave about every class extreme CC, lately he gave pallies fear right? Lol..

Yeah no wonder theres so few Bloodthirsties still playing this game, why everyone is pveing in a pvp server, why pvp is dead and why everyone is botting.

Its funny to google up World of Warcraft pvp is and see what comes up. This game is so bad, MMOs are not unbalanced because its hard to balance, its unbalanced because the pvp devs have no clue what to do. Buffing skills to +300% and expecting it to be balanced. This is why its all messed up. Go play something else instead, a fighting game, fps game, etc. Or go buy a handheld and join a club like i did.

No point in arguing in this forum, the people here thought that 39 people in one spot are actually real players.

The only pvp left is botting for leveling and conversion of gear. <3
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-09-28 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Alterac at night can be hilarious. Tell your team to pick a role (healer,dd) cause Bots arent able to do that (yet). Had more than once AV's with less than 6 real players on the whole team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    Why do people use bots? Is it to sell the accounts? Is there even a market for WoW accounts anymore?

I just want answers. ;'[
    Cause pvp players dont want to level and gear to play the competitive pvp part of the game.
    They dont care about money but time is precious and so they willingly pay anyone who will save them their time.
    Since blizz doesnt offer it they will pay third parties who fill that gap.

I think its a failure in game design in the first place. RBG/ARENA are one type of a game and pve/lvling /gearing another.
    Putting both together just means that players who only like one part will naturally skip the other. Players who dont pvp and just play the leveling part just dont register as much as pvp players who skip the lvling and gearing part with botting / account buying.

If blizz would offer fully geared pvp characters that are only able to participate in pvp like guild wars 2 did you would have no botters in the first place. Another solution would be a permanent pvp tournament realm -a often outspoken request pvp players would gladly pay for but completly ignored by blizz.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2013-09-28 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    So it's official... I used to as a joke exaggerate by saying, "why is every single person on my team in the random BG a bot??"

I just finished an 85-89 warsong on my mage... And every single player inside of it was a bot on my team.

When the match started, they all stood still for about 5 seconds, and then basically just started patrolling around our flag room. Of course, nobody went for their flag, because they expect someone else to, (but seeing as everyone was a bot, nobody did.)

What's even worse? I couldn't cap the enemy flag because there were only TWO players on the OTHER team that weren't bots, and they happened to be a warrior and pocket healer.

So what I'm saying right now, with NO word of lie, is:

I JUST DID A WARSONG GULCH WHERE 17 OUT OF 20 PLAYERS WERE BOTS.

I just want answers. ;'[
    I've never botted, but I did sell my account 2 months ago for about $200, so there's surely a market for that sort of thing still.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you know that 17 out of 20 are bots? it's not like you go any proof? ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

How do you see they are bots? They could just be newbies

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You just did a BG where people sucked and you lost. Instead of admitting you lost you blame "bots". This is what most people who lose BGs say. Nothing new to see here.
    Aye mate