Poll: Pure PVE server yes or no

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you welcome a pure PVE server?

Pure PVE server would you welcome it.

The idea is you would be unable to have any level of world pvp, with exceptions of places like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad. Battlegrounds and arenas would still exists but quests requiring them would be removed.

You would also be able to group with people from the opposing faction and/or you could choose what faction you wanted to be regardless of race.

I would welcome and love this I am only a pve player and loathe pvp with every fiber of my being.

I am quite confident that the pvp types you find on pvp realms would not like this idea, because it seems that trolling and griefing those of us that have zero interest in pvp is a large part of the game for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish they could include same faction vs same faction pvp in the world as well. so many moocow paladins i'd love gank low level. "serves you right for being a moocow paladin"

Pure PvE? yes

Grouping with opposite faction? Hell, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Naylar View Post
    Pure PvE? yes

Pretty much this.

As much as it might help gameplay, for low population realms or imbalanced realms, what little lore and storyline that you would have to deal with would be completely obliterated by cross-faction groups.

Consider walking into Ashenvale. You are on your Orc and You are grouped up with a friend on a NE. How many quests would make no sense because either you, as an Orc would be instructed to fight the other Orcs to stop their incursion on Ashenvale (Alliance Quests) or on the flipside as the NE being told that you need to kill other Elfs attempting to break the foothold of the Horde in Ashenvale.

Grouping for neutral quests might work but I doubt there are enough neutral quest hubs to get from New Character to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    i wish they could include same faction vs same faction pvp in the world as well. so many moocow paladins i'd love gank low level. "serves you right for being a moocow paladin"
    Timeless isle?

10+ Year Old Account
    NO playing opposing faction really.... that would destroy the PVE story.... If you want to play opposing faction, make an alt.
    Apart from that would love it....

Quote Originally Posted by Naylar View Post
    Pure PvE? yes

Guess I don't get this train of thought.

I know I am going to get the response its the Word or WARcraft. We still are at war with the legion, the lich king, deathwing, a crazy Garosh etc.

NPCs have friends in different factions but as players we can not. Just seems stupid to me.

Also I can't help but wonder if all or most the people clicking no, are doing so cause if something like this ever came about they wouldn't be able to troll and grief us non pvp types.

Just curious if ya say no give a reason.

This pretty much a PvE server without the cross faction grouping. Theres also only a small handful of pvp quests (I can only remember about 5). This really is not necessary at all.

Plus cross faction grouping would break a lot of stuff in terms of phasing, AH, queuing for stuff and quests.

Cross faction could work for certain dungeons or raids. Something with a neutral faction such as ICC or ToT, where we go under their banner. Might cause problems if it's only certain instances, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Pretty much this.

As much as it might help gameplay, for low population realms or imbalanced realms, what little lore and storyline that you would have to deal with would be completely obliterated by cross-faction groups.

Consider walking into Ashenvale. You are on your Orc and You are grouped up with a friend on a NE. How many quests would make no sense because either you, as an Orc would be instructed to fight the other Orcs to stop their incursion on Ashenvale (Alliance Quests) or on the flipside as the NE being told that you need to kill other Elfs attempting to break the foothold of the Horde in Ashenvale.

Grouping for neutral quests might work but I doubt there are enough neutral quest hubs to get from New Character to max level.
    yes, how fucking awful would it be to have the choice of taking sides... much better to be forced ... I mean how can a human(in your case night elf/orc) ever choose to be on another species side... I mean your species is always right.

All sarcasm aside, I would really love to be able to take the side of the night elves as an orc in Ashenvale. I want to be able to defend the beauty of the place and keep the scumbags that are my people from desecrating it.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-09-28 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Ummm.... i'm playing on a pve server and i haven't had any pvp interaction in years. Why do you play on a pvp server if you do not like pvp??

Sounds like a regular PvE server that just has band-aids for people too stupid to not click on something flagged.

It's not needed. It never will be needed.
    inb4 "pvp realm" ; I played exclusively on PvE realms until I came here and never had an issue even when I did become accidentally flagged.
    I knew it was my fault but apparently some people just can't get over the fact that crap happens.

It has nothing to do with "trolling" or "greifing" and you're merely using it as an excuse to pigeon toe people you dislike.
    Because some people on PvE realms do like to PvP; And we have too many servers already and 4 server types to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Ummm.... i'm playing on a pve server and i haven't had any pvp interaction in years. Why do you play on a pvp server if you do not like pvp??
    On Cenarion Circle RP/PVE server.

Maybe we just have more pvp trolls on our server. Not to mention the pvp requirements for the legendary cloak.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    your not forced to have any pvp action on any pve server if you dont want to

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pure pve sounds good which means there will be no nerfs to any classes reducing damage every 20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Sounds like a regular PvE server that just has band-aids for people too stupid to not click on something flagged.

It's not needed. It never will be needed.
    inb4 "pvp realm" ; I played exclusively on PvE realms until I came here and never had an issue even when I did become accidentally flagged.
    I knew it was my fault but apparently some people just can't get over the fact that crap happens.

It has nothing to do with "trolling" or "greifing" and you're merely using it as an excuse to pigeon toe people you dislike.
    Because some people on PvE realms do like to PvP; And we have too many servers already and 4 server types to go with it.
    Nothing to do with trolling or greifing? Standing in rare mobs, killing quest givers, camping graveyards...

If you like ganking people who want nothing to do with pvp just say it. You have your pure pvp servers I want a pure pve server.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Nothing to do with trolling or greifing? Standing in rare mobs, killing quest givers, camping graveyards...

If you like ganking people who want nothing to do with pvp just say it. You have your pure pvp servers I want a pure pve server.
    Nice generalizations.

You sound extremely upset about people who aren't me.

Quote Originally Posted by lolstorm View Post
    Timeless isle?
    Don't mind him, he doesn't even play wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    And I've been on a PVE server for about four months and been ganked on Timeless Isle because it's still possible for someone who's flagged to stand inside a large mob (that someone else is fighting) and get clicked on by anyone who runs in, clicks, and starts attacking not realizing what they clicked on.

Granted, only took finding out what had happened once to not have it happen again; but that's essentially the only point of a "pure pve server" from what I can gleen from the OP.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i'd like that, but not cross-faction grouping. That's just silly.