Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The irony here is delicious.

You can't cut the military! The government will just squander the money!
    Because the employment of thousands of service members is squandering.

The irony here is delicious.

You can't cut the military! The government will just squander the money!
    I was about to go with something a lot more serious, but yours is better.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by StormFX View Post
    I'd rather the government spend money paying people to keep us alive rather than pay people to kill people elsewhere given the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Or to make it simpler, any money spent on the military beyond what is necessary to keep us safe is wasted. We are way, way, waaaaay past that point.

I'd rather the government spend money paying people to keep us alive rather than pay people to kill people elsewhere given the choice.
    I prefer those with salaries and benefits to keep them.

Or to make it simpler, any money spent on the military beyond what is necessary to keep us safe is wasted. We are way, way, waaaaay past that point.
    In an ideal situation, perhaps. But it's not exactly ideal, is it?
    Last edited by StormFX; 2013-09-29 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Personally I like the Free market model.
    Yeah cuz that works so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah cuz that works so well.
    The free market is not the problem.

And prefer those with salaries and benefits to keep them.
    I'm all for helping service members transition into other jobs when we don't need them anymore. Maintaining more of a military than we need simply because we don't want to get rid of it is a dumb idea.
    In an ideal situation, perhaps. But it's not exactly ideal, is it?
    wat?

So a CT scan costs $10,000 on it's own?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I'm all for helping service members transition into other jobs when we don't need them anymore. Maintaining more of a military than we need simply because we don't want to get rid of it is a dumb idea.
    If there are jobs available, then great. But there aren't. It would probably end up costing more to let them go, anyhow.

Really? So they should be able to raise prices and kick you off insurance if you reach a supposed lifetime cap? Or if you have a pre-existing condition? Free Market model is the reason we are in the shithole we are in.

Instead of paying actors, football players and people willing to jump through a shitload of hoops to take advantage of rare opportunities billions of dollars, that money should be distributed for medical care, education and general civil rights/human improvement campaigns so that every one can be better and their mental and physical health issues taken care of so they can deal with actual life issues.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

we should just copy briton's or canada's model. Free market health care is a lie. It's not a free market. you need that medicine or you are going to die. it's more like blackmail than a market. we're going to mark that medicine you need to live up 5000%, have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    So a CT scan costs $10,000 on it's own?
    Of course not, but it's still not the fault of the free market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Really? So they should be able to raise prices and kick you off insurance if you reach a supposed lifetime cap? Or if you have a pre-existing condition? Free Market model is the reason we are in the shithole we are in.
    Well, they sure as shit shouldn't have to pay out more than you pay in.

Care to explain why? It certainly didn't cost the federal government $4,000 to pay for my ENT/Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, the bed and the percocets they sent me home with after my deviated septum surgery. But that's what a hospital is typically going to bill your private insurance or you personally in the US.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Medicare for all basically.
    And if its not good enough for the super rich, or the delusional people who think they'll be super rich someday, let them go to their private clinics in Switzerland or whatever they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you get right down to the core of it, it pretty much is. Single payer would mean much better negotiating ability of the government, and if someone wanted to gouge the fuck out of their health care, nobody would go there.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Whose fault is it then? Why does an MRI cost as much as $5000 depending on where you live without insurance? http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stor...insurance.aspx In other countries, without insurance but with their single payer system, it can cost as low as $280 in places like France. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...res-in-the-us/ $13,000 for an appendectomy? Its $250 in India. $68,000 for bypass surgery? Just over $4500 in India. Alot of these places if not all have government control of their medical system and insurance. Why is everything so much cheaper?

10+ Year Old Account
    This just sounds like an excuse for big government. We aren't squandering money because we're employing people. We're actually throwing money away with all of these things we don't need, but we're employing people, so it's fine. Why not just increase the military even more as to employ more people?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Care to explain why? It certainly didn't cost the federal government $4,000 to pay for my ENT/Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, the bed and the percocets they sent me home with after my deviated septum surgery. But that's what a hospital is typically going to bill your private insurance or you personally in the US.
    During my recent hospital stay, it was $30 to have two advil brought to me by a nurse. And that was one of the least ridiculous price gouges.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Paying me to do nothing would be more effective in some cases.