Arcane - Sha of Pride HC

Hi, my guild is starting progress on Sha of Pride 25HC tonight, and I was wondering if anyone here has some advice, tips etc to share on how to approach this boss as arcane?

Thanks.

Deleted
    AoE will most likely be your #1 DMG so try to optimise it: Get a Rune down where your raid will gather to AoE the Adds, get AE Glyph, get CoC Glyph.
    Try to avoid the impacts of unstable corruption by running around in your rune but that is standard on any boss.

Reflections do shit, and aoeing it should be left to tanks/locks and hunters. DPS correct targets manifestations>corrupted fragments>boss and soak rift every cd. Don't focus on aoe bcs it will lead to wiping. I know that highers numbers = funnier for dps but imo killing stuf is better then having high numbers on recount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arag View Post
    Reflections do shit, and aoeing it should be left to tanks/locks and hunters. DPS correct targets manifestations>corrupted fragments>boss and soak rift every cd. Don't focus on aoe bcs it will lead to wiping. I know that highers numbers = funnier for dps but imo killing stuf is better then having high numbers on recount.
    I wouldn't really say that hunters will get out more damage than you AoEing the small adds. Arcane Explosion + Glyphed Cone of Cold hits way better than a hunters AoE. Atleast short-term. Just like the adds are on Sha Of Pride.

I'd say save arcane barrages for reflections when you can - arcane explosion and cone of cold are helpful, but IMO other classes have superior aoe on this fight. Just focus on breaking people out of the maze and manifestations if you really looking to help on adds. But yah, probably not a good idea to stay smack in the middle of your RoP, always stay to one side, and be prepared to move A LOT towards the end of the fight. Make sure your team knows that you'll only be getting rifts that are close by, anything too far away is just a major dps loss for arcane even if you are using speed boosts, locks with kiljaeden's cunning, elemental shammies, and hunters are the perfect classes for getting those far rifts.

So we killed it last night. Not a very "fun" fight for arcane IMO.

I had one serious problem throughout this fight though. And that was Blink. Blinking just seemed never to work unless you were outside the rectangular platform. Every time I blinked on the platform I only traveled like one yard. It was really really annoying, since I felt the need to blink quite often in this fight. Anyone else experienced this? For the record, I used [Glyph of Rapid Displacement].

I have to agree its one of the few fights I would consider fire for just because of the amount of movement you have to do between rifts, prison, and grouping up for the reflections.

Yeah this has been an issue since vanilla with blink on uneven terrain I wont hold my breath on it getting fixed anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissemoen View Post

I had one serious problem throughout this fight though. And that was Blink. Blinking just seemed never to work unless you were outside the rectangular platform. Every time I blinked on the platform I only traveled like one yard. It was really really annoying, since I felt the need to blink quite often in this fight. Anyone else experienced this? For the record, I used [Glyph of Rapid Displacement].
    Uneven floor, welcome to blink hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissemoen View Post

Maybe you also have glyph of momentum? That glyph just adds more places where blink can bug out, even if you're blinking forward.

I recommend the blink glyph, blazing speed, and the ae glyph if adds don't get grouped up. For the big adds, you want your RoP to be in range of those as well as the boss. In addition, you can hit the big adds before they actually spawn. My recommendation is to lb it, cast a blast or two, then gs is, and burn it down.