Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Newer to pvp and looking to hit 2k...advice?

So I have decided to get more in to PvP on my priest this season as shadow. Ive made it a personal goal to try and hit 2k in something in order to unlock the elite xmog gear. What would everyone's advice be for getting there? Whether it be rbgs all the way to 5s in arena, what is the "easiest way" to 2k? Any tips or help will be appreciated!

Deleted
    go holy or disc and play with warrior and possibly a lock/feral/hunter even a mage be the easiest way, heard shadow isn't too hot right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    go holy or disc and play with warrior and possibly a lock/feral/hunter even a mage be the easiest way, heard shadow isn't too hot right now.
    This. You really need to have atleast 1 faceroll-fotm class on your team in 2s now be it either warrior or dk.

If you insist on playing shadow go for RBGs or 3v3 as Feral/Shadow/Healer, Mage/Shadow/Healer, Warrior/Shadow/Healer, DK/Shadow/Healer.

Deleted
    you don't need to get 2k to unlock elite gear.
    Go holy /disc like the above have stated. for 2's WW/unh dk/frost mage or warrior is def the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    you don't need to get 2k to unlock elite gear.
    Go holy /disc like the above have stated. for 2's WW/unh dk/frost mage or warrior is def the way to go.
    You do need 2k to unlock elite gear, in 2s at least.

If you're going to play shadow and shadow only, you should play with an rsham or an rdruid. Perhaps MW monk, but they're meh atm imo. Don't expect to get to 2k that easily though if you haven't PvPed much before, also depending on server it's going to be really tough (unless they merged all BGs in 5.4).

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    skill-capped.com

end all be all pvp source.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    You do need 2k to unlock elite gear, in 2s at least.

If you're going to play shadow and shadow only, you should play with an rsham or an rdruid. Perhaps MW monk, but they're meh atm imo. Don't expect to get to 2k that easily though if you haven't PvPed much before, also depending on server it's going to be really tough (unless they merged all BGs in 5.4).
    Yeah I am on drak'thul (pvp hell luls). I have available as partners a warlock, resto shaman, ele shaman, and boomkin essentially. Those are the ones I know will be good enough and online enough. I was running shadow/warlock 2s and the CC overlap is a pain in the d**k, but I think we could get some epic cc chains in 3s if we took the resto shaman as well.

I am trying out RBGs.....I am putting out some serious damage in those.....but my complete lack of RBG history makes me a non-factor to get in to a group that is worth anything.

By newer, I guess what I meant was newer to seriously trying to get rating. I used to pvp a lot on my mage, so I know most of the ropes and tricks when it comes to classes and such. I just have never pushed for rating. dat priest elite mog though XD

If it comes down to it by the second half of the season and I am making no progress, I will respec heals and try and fotm it.

But lastly, I thought the only way to get the elite mog was to get 2k rated this season? Am i wrong on that?
    Last edited by Kretan; 2013-10-05 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    skill-capped.com

thanks for the advert, Paid for guides for WoW are always so informative and useful /sarcasm

So shadow priest + ele shaman........yay or nay?

Deleted
    skill-capped.com

nice jk

MoP isn't complicated enough to need any sort of guide.

Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-06 at 04:11 AM.

Drop your addons and increase your awareness, learn every single classes spec and abilities, learn to juke, and play play play play play. You'll eventually get better if you can analyze and learn from your mistakes instead of bitching at your team mates. And drop your friends if they aren't willing to do the same, unless you just care about having fun with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn everything you can about your class, learn the basics of the other classes so you know what counters each. Learn the popular comps, especially what counters the one's you'll be using.

Oh, watch some advanced spriest videos (again, also watch some hard counters, so you learn what to avoid). Other than that, just practice with your partners a lot. Learn their quirks and how to cover 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Shadow/Rshaman is your strongest 2s comp listed.

Hard for shadow in 2s atm for someone new...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    Shadow/Rshaman is your strongest 2s comp listed.

Hard for shadow in 2s atm for someone new...
    Pretty much impossible for any new to medium skilled person to do 2s with a class that get countered by warriors/dks atm.

Been watching multi-rank1 players doing twos on stream since season started. Even they are struggling like hell against some
    fotm-faceroll classes/comps. Mainly warrior/dk teams. Really imbalanced in 2s atm :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing I might add is to stay focused and concentrated when fighting. DO NOT PANIC. If you start panicking, you WILL make many mistakes and start losing.

It really is important to stay focused. Voice communication might also help. Knowing what to do in arena, doesn't equal knowing how to call out CC etc. I only recently started using voice communication in some arenas, and I'm having a hard time calling out my own actions in time. I usually do something and then call it out, when it should be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    So I have decided to get more in to PvP on my priest this season as shadow. Ive made it a personal goal to try and hit 2k in something in order to unlock the elite xmog gear. What would everyone's advice be for getting there? Whether it be rbgs all the way to 5s in arena, what is the "easiest way" to 2k? Any tips or help will be appreciated!
    Due to how shadow does damage (hard casting), 3's and BRGs would be easier for you. But, if you don't mind healing or playing a cheap easy combo, go hunter/disc in 2s. It's laughably easy and if you have average communication and playing skills you should reach 2k with minimal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    skill-capped.com

There is absolutely nothing on that site you should pay for that you can't find for free on this site, the official forums, Noxxic, YouTubes, streams... ect.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    But, if you don't mind healing or playing a cheap easy combo, go hunter/disc in 2s. It's laughably easy and if you have average communication and playing skills you should reach 2k with minimal problems.
    Big claims for someone who seems to be stuck at 1600 all brackets. It makes me curious tho.
    What are you playing that is so incredibly hard and takes real skill and effort to reach high ratings with?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Hi, I noticed rogue/rsham/shadow is pretty good. Try that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Big claims for someone who seems to be stuck at 1600 all brackets. It makes me curious tho.
    What are you playing that is so incredibly hard and takes real skill and effort to reach high ratings with?
    Stuck? Depends on how you look at it, I just play to cap points in 2s right now.. hardly anything else then the 10 games it takes a week or the random times a friend logs on.

And since I'm super casual and got to 1800 on rogue/s.priest in 2s last season without really trying, I just assumed getting to 2k on two FOTM classes would be easy. I apologize if that made you feel like you had to defend yourself.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Shadow priest / healer is pretty bad in 2s right now, whenever you face a warrior or a DK you won't be able to place enough pressure for a kill because you won't have half of your casts out. Play with a frost mage or a rogue and you will in a better deal. If you want to play with a healer, play with a druid, better CC chain (cyc + stun + fear + silence) and cyclone will allow you to swap to the healer if you didn't get to kill the dps in a CC chain by cloning the dps and stopping heals on it.

On 3s I believe god comp (frost mage / resto druid / you) is still the best bet, as you have nearly all CC drs in the game (2 silences, fear, cyclone, polly/ring, roots), great survival and deep freeze + devouring plague is a huge burst with low cooldown.