Exclamation [Resto] Is it worth for me to get the second haste cap?

Hi all!
    So .. i currently raid in a 10man guild and i have noticed more and more rdruids go for the second haste cap. (13,163)
    Since we're gonna start heroic progression in SoO tonight i was thinking maybe i was missing out on something with my mastery build, and maybe i should go haste instead.

Now .. my dilemma is that i would loose A LOT of other useful stats, and i don't really think it is worth it for me at this point. But should i fall for the pressure and go all haste instead? Thoughts?

Intellect: -1720
    Spirit: -2285
    Mastery: -12.67%
    Spell Power: -1892
    Crit: -0.68%

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thriz/advanced
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

If you currently are on 13,3k spirit, and will fall down to around 11k, the transition might leave you a bit short changed. I would hold off until I got 2, maybe 3 items, and then make the transition, to ease the hit you'll take to your spirit.

The haste build reduces your GCD down towards the cap, and because you'll want to use qued casting, more spells will be used per fight, and more mana consumed, meaning it might be a bit more mana aggressive for you.

In either regard its worth trying so you know the differences between the two (haste vs mastery), but possibly something you'll want to try a week or two from now when your gear is more suitable.
    ^ I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    If you currently are on 13,3k spirit, and will fall down to around 11k, the transition might leave you a bit short changed. I would hold off until I got 2, maybe 3 items, and then make the transition, to ease the hit you'll take to your spirit.

The haste build reduces your GCD down towards the cap, and because you'll want to use qued casting, more spells will be used per fight, and more mana consumed, meaning it might be a bit more mana aggressive for you.

In either regard its worth trying so you know the differences between the two (haste vs mastery), but possibly something you'll want to try a week or two from now when your gear is more suitable.
    Sounds sensible! Thank you so much.

queue:

What bzl said. I would just hold off for some better haste pieces and a slightly higher ilvl.

Deleted
    Considering your heavy mastery items, I'd wait until you get some solid haste items before you replace it. Like the haste helm, or a haste staff. This would reduce the amount of stats you have to sacrifice by alot.

My personal rule of thumb was that as long as I could get there without reforging spirit and regemming without losing good socket bonuses (better than 60 int/spi), I would swap. I didn't do it until I got the warforged chest from Paragons.

Yeah, i've set my eyes on grabbing the chest off (rather then head as i had planned) and just hoping for some haste stuff to drop. No luck so far though ..

Thanks for the advice guys!

queue: