Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    it is a misconception that mages are bad on thok because method forgot to bring vyk back in for their kill and every other guild just assumed incorrectly that mages were awful on thok. There is a post somewhere by a team member stating that he was near the top for every attempt he was in.

it is really just about timing your casts. dont try to get more than one off per roar once he regens his whole energy bar in one tick.
    If I remember correctly they were trying something like 10 healers, which didn't fit vykina in, but it got hotfixed in the middle of their tries, so they had to change tactic and 3 shotted it after that. Or so I have heard.

Even if you don't consider mages "bad" on thok, you can't argue that there aren't better classes for that fight. If you have the option of dropping a mage on that fight for a warlock or hunter, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Welp, we killed it after 95 attempts (!). Not having a warlock gateway was really difficult to work around, but we managed to control the fixate choice and it went better from there.

I didn't do stellar, but I was not the worst DPS in the group, even beating a melee. Arc is extremely good for the bats which can easily kill someone off when combined with the roars - I did almost 24% of the damage to them. I also was fixated twice, but one of those was part of our strat. I also think the contribution of arcane's ridiculous burst to the initial phase 1 opener is underestimated in how important it ends up being with how low you can get Thok right away.

Regardless, if this could be useful for anyone trying it, here's my logs and here's the video. I lost my cool in the later phases and ended up screwing up the rotation more than usual, but dead boss is dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagmonster View Post
    260k non effective is very poor. Why hold your raid group down by playing a gimped spec for that fight? Furthermore gimping the already gimped spec with haste gems...
    Yeah that's why u did 230k. Just admit you are social in your guild and getting carried.

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-10-10 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Even if you don't consider mages "bad" on thok, you can't argue that there aren't better classes for that fight. If you have the option of dropping a mage on that fight for a warlock or hunter, I don't see why you wouldn't.
    I really dont see how.

Fire has fine mobility and a mage with glyphed double blink and blazing speed can outmove anything else in the game except maybe a monk.

Unless youre talking about battle rez or survivability cooldowns. Greater Invis is pretty alright, temporal shield is amazing for the screech, but yeh raid utility - mages got none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    Yeah that's why u did 230k. Just admit you are social in your guild and getting carried.

User was infracted for this post

fagcalcando
    Last edited by mmoc6d2862388d; 2013-10-10 at 08:14 AM.

If you wanna maintain the Arcane Charges on Thok's interrupt, just use Arcane Explosion. Considering you should stack next to the boss in those kinds of phases... Arcane explosion or Fire Blast can both proc Arcane Missiles, and you don't have to throw away your Arcane Charges if you're good on mana to keep using some missiles at full stacks.