Thread: Aram + Melee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would say with that makeup if you guys didnt play like retards and be patient around the 10-15 min mark yall should be able to trade with them and even engage on them and win.

i actually have my better games when im on melee heavy teams, but then again im usually playing with 2-3 friends so coordinating engages and fights works fairly well. id even wager that some of my best games have been playing champs like trundle, zac, wukong, xin zhao, volibear. just my .02

Melee sucks at aram.
    Best melee of aram is alistar.
    + Counters others melees.
    + Defends your poke team.

Useless poppy.
    - 1v5 or afk.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-12-05 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally being melee isn't the problem. It's when one team has way more CC than your team and way more adc's than you. Obviously certain melee suck on ARAM but I wouldn't clump the problem as melee. I do wish that there was something in the code that would atleast give you one ADC or APC. I have been on teams that were all no poke, no cc, and no sustain. Got steamrolled in 10 mins. However if they don't change anything I would be just as happy, kind of like it being all random. Keeps it fresh.

How to fix aram melee - increase turret radius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    How to fix aram melee - increase turret radius.
    Yeah, then when the melees attack/push lane they surely wouldn't be screwed over it.

Increasing turret range is not an option.

Melee cant defend towers because high range enemies, meanwhile they can towerdive eazy mode.

Deleted
    Melee cant defend towers because high range enemies, meanwhile they can towerdive eazy mode.
    They can by pushing the lane instead of focusing and wasting abilities to try(keyword: try) and hit the enemy instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with having fewer ranged is that you have less sustained in your lane - you get pushed back a lot - and when you are under your tower they can often land pokes on the tower and then fall back before you can retaliate (as melee). Given fewer ranged, even if Sivir and Soraka do well at counter-poking - they are outnumbered.

The key isn't so much having an equal number of range as it is having ranged who use their poke effectively - hit minions when possible to prevent getting pushed too far - and having melee who can team people down well.

I once fought an ARAM that was like:

Us:
    Evelynn (me)
    Fiora
    Blitzcrank
    Rammus
    Tryndamere

Vs:
    Sona
    Caitlynn
    Ezrael
    Nami
    Something else ranged (possibly Xerath?)

It was ludicrous, and for the first like.. 10-15 minutes we were getting slowly widdled down one by one. Of course, whenever Blitz landed a grab, that person was very very dead: but it wasn't often enough to win.

So, then we got better about our team engages - and once we were getting on them - we had an amazing game flip - it turns out having Evelynn and Fiora ultimate on you, as prelude to Rammus rolling in and Blitzcrank AoE'ing, and Darius (I feel like it was Darius now.. maybe not Trynd) gripping people in for cleave and such... it was delicious murder all the way to their base

Of course... it helps that I penta'd and quadra'd.. because Evelynn's my girl
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Dont like melees in ARAM, but i think this

Useless poppy.
    - 1v5 or afk.
    is not completeley true. Poppy can hit very hard with Q, and is pretty tough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    The problem I tend to find is that generally melee teams refuse to engage as a group, which is their only chance. If you let ranged comp poke you down for 10 minutes of course you have no chance
    This. it is so infuriating when I get a team full of melees and they all play like fucking chickenshits. The agressive team always wins.

What are you gonna do? Wait until they poke you some more and then just towerdive you? FUCK YOU, YOU COWARDLY PIECE OF HORSESHIT.
    Almost as bad as someone having a tank champ, who refuses to go in first and stands in the back like a fucking twat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    They can by pushing the lane instead of focusing and wasting abilities to try(keyword: try) and hit the enemy instead.
    Those are pretty word,boy. But it doesnt work that way in reality.
    Try and push your lane as melee. I fucking dare you. You'll get poked to the point they just rush you. And you can do fuck all about it apart from chug potions to the point where you cant afford items.