Deleted

Loving you guys - please look at our Guardian Druid!

I'm really sorry - gonna put up another one. In fact I'll probably do it for our whole 10m but I'm really REALLY loving the information I'm getting from people and from my noob perspective its really helpful!

Meet Sporty, our long time lovely tank: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...porty/advanced

Note* Sporty does not use weakauras at all - how essential do you feel it is to raiding as a Guardian? Does it reflect in the logs? Our paladin tank feels it would greatly improve the smoothness between tank swapping etc.

World of logs: (For a tank I'm not really sure what exactly to link but it's all public for a browse!)

1. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11192&e=11823
    2. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=817&e=1105
    3. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3475&e=3840

TY - you guys are truly amazing!

Deleted
    Once again, ill talk to you on skype

Deleted
    YES DESPITE! <3 But you're a chicken. Also I like various opinions so everyone plz shoot

First log:
    Savage Defense uptime is pretty bad while actually tanking. Should be at 100% while being swung at.
    25 DoC procs and 0 HTs? Don't take DoC if you're not going to use it.
    Could definitely be getting more out of Barkskin and not overlapping it with the Meta as much.
    Lacerate uptime is pretty atrocious.
    Only 1 Incarnation on a 10 minute fight.

2nd Log:
    Savage Defense uptime is godawful.
    See previous comment about DoC and Barkskin.
    Lacerate uptime is pitiful.
    Why in the hell is he using Swipe on a single target.

Gear is fine.

Deleted
    Only looked at shamans, will just list a few things I found strange.

• Savage Defense uptime of 12.5%. Incredibly low.
    • Barkskin used only 3 times
    • Elusive Brew only used once
    • He is using Dream of Cenarius but only casted HT 3 times (with 90% overheal).
    • Very few Tooth and Claw-maul used. With his ilvl he should be overflowing with rage and should be able to Maul a lot while still keeping good uptime on SD.
    • He is using the CD reduction trinket but he seems to basically never use any defensive cds anyway.

Comparing to one of my logs that killed them in 30 seconds shorter he has 15 less Mangles, 100 less Mauls, 20 less Lacerate hits. He needs to learn to do something ever GCD and use his rage properly.

Deleted
    How about her gear - stats, gemming etc? We're just starting into HC mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalraii View Post
    As mentioned above, gear is fine.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    He knows how to gear his toon, but judging from logs he just has no clue how to play his toon. IE: not using AM abilities or major CD's., using aoe abilities for single target etc

Deleted
    Appreciate the effort guys yeh I went through some more logs and after going through class abilities realised that savage defends is basically like shuffle for monks - gotta keep it up. Some fights was only cast 4 times but I can't see much rage dumping on anything overall defensive or offensive :s never seemed that squishy to heal however. I honestly didn't expect this outcome.

Appreciate the effort guys yeh I went through some more logs and after going through class abilities realised that savage defends is basically like shuffle for monks - gotta keep it up. Some fights was only cast 4 times but I can't see much rage dumping on anything overall defensive or offensive :s never seemed that squishy to heal however. I honestly didn't expect this outcome.
    Here's a general rule of thumb that I use with my logs, generally for determining how hard I'm being hit: if FR is my #1 self-heal while using Ysera's Gift and/or Nature's Vigil, FR is almost always the #1 heal I'm taking even considering external heals.

So what does that mean? Suppose you're a Guardian tank and the damage is fairly light. This means you'll likely not be using FR much, and self-heals via YG and NV will dominate... this also means heals like Divine Aegis and other absorb mechanics will dominate the heals taken category and completely dwarf FR. If a Guardian is getting hit very hard, FR heals will be much more common and much larger... and when used properly will do the most self-healing by a mile compared to other self-heals. At the same time, FR will likely be very close to (or in my case, always) the largest source of healing on myself even considering other healers' spells (you should also be the #1 healer on yourself).

A couple examples from my logs where it's easy to take a lot of damage on heroics: Malkorok I have FR being 48% of my self-healing (next highest is NV at 20%) and 29% of my total healing taken (next highest is Ursoc's Vigor at 9%, the a shammy healer is 3rd in line); Iron Juggernaut had FR at 47% of my self healing (didn't have 4pc at the time, likely would've been my #2 self-heal) and 15% of my total healing taken (Beacon of light was second at 10%, YG at 8%); Thok had FR at 51% of my self healing and 27% of total heals taken (YG/UV were both second and third at 9% each).

On the other end of the spectrum, where the damage is relatively light... well, I'll give you the short version: Divine Aegis and shammy absorbs (via tier set bonus) dominate my heals taken, with FR being near the bottom of my self-heals (like on heroic Spoils, FR was my #4 heal trailing NV/UV/YG doing 50% of self-heals combined, FR was also my #8 total heals taken with 54% of the healing from other sources above it).

Anyways, what this boils down to, when looking at the posted logs, FR usage was sort of compensating for the lack of SD... however this equates to a mana sponge situation since Vengeance wasn't very high (aka, FR self-healing was generally high while total healing taken from FR was moderate to low, as well as the Guardian never being his/her #1 healer). The nice way to say this is that the healers were carrying the Guardian, and the FR usage was masking the problem with the lack of SD usage.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-08 at 12:08 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Wow thanks - I had to read it a few times but it makes sense - is this the equivalent of basically spamming FR without little thought or just habitually maybe? Will be comparing some logs later when I have time but on average what is the optimal up time on savage defense? I read through the above guide which basically mentioned that FR is a way to compensate for hard hitting abilities that can't be dodged i.e. magical... Am going to create some weak auras to help with this but do any of you have/use any to recommend? Thanks

http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=739 - WA thread.

Will be comparing some logs later when I have time but on average what is the optimal up time on savage defense?
    For a fight like Garrosh it should be 100% while tanking, which comes out in the wash to like 50% or something depending on how often you swap.

For something like Protectors where both tanks are always tanking, the max uptime is 66%, going up to ~78.6% with the 2pc bonus and CDR trinket.

Your Guardian isn't horrible, just has some things to work on that will probably become problems on later heroic fights unless they're fixed.